Unplanned Overdraft!?

NiNES.

Whether you want it or need it, it is irrelevant. If you have control of your finances, there is NO reason why you shouldn't do it. Only weak people that cannot be sure that they will be able to keep themselves away from the shops in the months to follow have anything to worry about. You are obviously one of these people which is why you're so afraid to borrow.I would like to say your view narrowminded but it's beyond that... It's stupid.
Ok whatever makes you feel better, but at the end of the month my direct debits are Orange, gas, leccy, water and done. Yours are Mastercard (min payment), Amex (min payment), Natwest Credit Card (min payment) etc. etc.I know who I'd rather be.
But I do whatever I want and still live comfortably. You're struggling. If not financially, definitely emotionally. Where do you live that you pay bills without a mortgage or rent? If you say you pay rent you're more a moot than I gave you credit for. Also, what makes a mortgage different from a loan for a car? If a 29 year old got a mortgage but could be happily living at home with his parents in the house that they have fully paid off, does he NEED to get that house?

Whether you want it or need it, it is irrelevant. If you have control of your finances, there is NO reason why you shouldn't do it. Only weak people that cannot be sure that they will be able to keep themselves away from the shops in the months to follow have anything to worry about. You are obviously one of these people which is why you're so afraid to borrow.I would like to say your view narrowminded but it's beyond that... It's stupid.
Ok whatever makes you feel better, but at the end of the month my direct debits are Orange, gas, leccy, water and done. Yours are Mastercard (min payment), Amex (min payment), Natwest Credit Card (min payment) etc. etc.I know who I'd rather be.
But I do whatever I want and still live comfortably. You're struggling. If not financially, definitely emotionally. Where do you live that you pay bills without a mortgage or rent? If you say you pay rent you're more a moot than I gave you credit for. Also, what makes a mortgage different from a loan for a car? If a 29 year old got a mortgage but could be happily living at home with his parents in the house that they have fully paid off, does he NEED to get that house?
I'm struggling? Wtf? I am definitely in no way struggling, I get what I want when I want. But it just so happens that I've got the patience to wait until I can afford it myself, not get Natwest to pay for it for me. Of course I rent, do you not understand how much of a bad decision it would be to get a mortgage right now? A mortgage is something that has been in existance for years and years, credit cards and finance aren't. Especially not in the volume they are used nowadays. I will be getting a mortgage when I can afford to and not a day sooner.

Guest Lisa Turtle

LOL @ all the arguingShall I clear it up first hand?Firstly...it is MUCH easier to do chargebacks on Credit Cards than Debit cards.Apart from the CC company, both Visa and Mastercard protect their customers.When you are using a debit card, they will charge back, but the process is much longer and the Bank actually has to approach the vendor to recall the funds for you, it doesn't come out of a suspense account.CC's if used correctly are the single, smartest way to make money work for you.I do nearly everything by CC cause I know I have the funds to back it at the end of every month.I take my CC's on holiday, to the supermarket...to buy petrol.FAO those complaining about bank charges. If its not a CC charge don't bother trying to get your money back right now, it won't happen.RBSG and most other banks have put stops on refunding multiple charges until they court case appeal has been completed.I do feel that people that rubbish credit cards are either weakminded or not smart with their money.I know that I can be responsible with mine. Its not free money. I've always understood that.

I'm struggling? Wtf? I am definitely in no way struggling, I get what I want when I want. But it just so happens that I've got the patience to wait until I can afford it myself, not get Natwest to pay for it for me. Of course I rent, do you not understand how much of a bad decision it would be to get a mortgage right now? A mortgage is something that has been in existance for years and years, credit cards and finance aren't. Especially not in the volume they are used nowadays. I will be getting a mortgage when I can afford to and not a day sooner.
How is the length of time that a mortgage has existed a benefit!? It could easily be considered outdated. As for renting, THAT is stupid. At least get a rent to buy. You are throwing money away. Or go back to live at home and pay your mum a little money for house keeping. At least then it's going somewhere positive.And the first two lines are a massive contradiction. "I get what I want when I want it but sometimes I wait for it." You're inconsistent and your thought process is kinda juvenile.

Lmao, I swear you're meant to be educated.How on earth you have come to the conclusion that me saying "I get what I want when I want. But it just so happens that I've got the patience to wait until I can afford it myself" is a contradictory statement is beyond me.When I want it = whenever is the right time financially.I am not in a position to get a mortgage right now. Therefore I will be renting until I can afford to do otherwise.

Lmao, I swear you're meant to be educated.How on earth you have come to the conclusion that me saying "I get what I want when I want. But it just so happens that I've got the patience to wait until I can afford it myself" is a contradictory statement is beyond me.When I want it = whenever is the right time financially.I am not in a position to get a mortgage right now. Therefore I will be renting until I can afford to do otherwise.
Lol no. When you want it is the time that you desire it. If it is the case that if you had the money right now, you would buy it, then you want it now. When you allow yourself to have it is something different.

Ok, we're obviously getting our wires crossed here. You obviously live in a world where things you "desire" are massively expensive luxury items such as holidays and cars etc. Anything I NEED I buy, because I can pay for them there and then and they aren't excessive. The things I'm referring to that I would need to wait for are extravagant items that I WANT not NEED.

Pot. Kettle. You're refusing to let your mind wander from a foolish idea that all borrowing is wrong. You haven't even thought it through. What about student loans? Are they wrong too? Without them, a lot of people wouldn't be able to go to uni and get qualifications that can help them succeed in the future. Or are they OK with you for another childish reason like everybody gets them or they've been around for ages.The bottom line is, you said people shouldn't borrow. A fairer statement would be that they shouldn't borrow outside of their means.

• 2 months later...