J. Cole Topic

Wale

The hype at Wireless was too much when he dropped "Who Dat", "Lights Please" and "Losing my Balance"

f*ck it, when he dropped "Young Simba" it was over

Come to think of it, everything he came with was a banger.

You could tell people there who were on the Cole tip and then you had the randoms who came to the Festival for the usual pop acts looking baffed.

It will be interesting to see what happens when he warms up for Drake. Bare bandwagoners probably singing the bait sh*t.

Yeah, he killed it at wireless.

P.S

All of you that are going, I hate you. :(

The hype at Wireless was too much when he dropped "Who Dat", "Lights Please" and "Losing my Balance"

f*ck it, when he dropped "Young Simba" it was over

Come to think of it, everything he came with was a banger.

You could tell people there who were on the Cole tip and then you had the randoms who came to the Festival for the usual pop acts looking baffed.

It will be interesting to see what happens when he warms up for Drake. Bare bandwagoners probably singing the bait sh*t.

Yeah, he killed it at wireless.

P.S

All of you that are going, I hate you. :(

La la laaa laaaaa laaaa laaa laaa

This is a song for my haterrrrrs, ya'll got me feeling like the greatestttttt yeahhhhhhh

• Upvote 2

the in the morning track with Drake pissed me off cos I love the original.. <_<

then I got further pissed off to hear that he is supporting Drake <_< <_< <_< I have felt insulted for yonks to know that people were comparing them in the first place and this just took the biscuit.

then I found out he is doin his own ting, which is the only circumstance I will ever go to see him in :)

So glad I have a ticket :D

:Y:

Lol at comparing them. Young, male and lightskin... What else?

Don't think it's bad that he's supporting Drake though. At least male Drake fans will get to hear some decent rap coz Drake definintely ain't dropping any of his good verses. The more I see videos of his live performances the happier I am to not be going to see the cringefest that is his live performance.

Lol bein young and light skin is the only thing they have in common lol. I didn't like the fact Cole is supporting cos it makes the him look like he is the lesser of the talents when that is the contrary, but I understand the affiliation opens doors, its just annoying that it has to be this way. I was also upset cos I didn't wana have to waste money on the Drake just to see Cole. Thankfully he addressed his own fame and done his own show! Lol

• 2 weeks later...
Rapper J. Cole has opened up about his Roc Nation debut frustrations and why he envisioned the long-awaited album to already be on store shelves by now.

Cole did not have full confidence when told his debut would drop by late October 2010.

"Man, I thought my album would've been out right around now. But one thing I've learned in this game is you never know anything. I remember when they gave me the release date of October 26. I was so hyped. But I soon knew that wasn't gonna happen. I haven't even had a consistent three weeks in the studio. I'm blessed enough to be able to go out on the road. I get a good week in the studio but then I'm off for a show. But I still managed to pull off what I think is an incredible album." (RESPECT)

The rapper also said he discovered his music's radio play potential with the release of his summer anthem, "Who Dat."

"The fact is, as many radio stations in as many places that did play 'Who Dat' exceeded my expectations," Cole added. "Now that I know the game and I've been on these stations, I know who's gonna play what records, and who's not. I refuse to be the artist that drops a super-duper great album, but it goes under the radar. Or it sells however many thousands, but there was no radio record so the masses didn't get a chance to hear it. I refuse to be that artist." (RESPECT)

Cole's Roc Nation debut is currently slated to arrive in stores by the spring.

"The album could be done. If I needed to put it out next week, I would be able to," the Roc Nation rapper said in a November interview. "My expectations were already super high and I think the fans' were too, but now that the mixtape is out and the response is what it is, I kinda want to go back in and do a few more songsthat are that much better, just to boost the level of the album...I think we're looking at a March release date or something around there with the single coming in a couple weeks." (Rap-Up)

Last June, the rapper talked to SOHH about recording his "Who Dat" music video.

"I think it was an excellent reception," Cole told SOHH. "I just wish I would've explained to people more that it was a one shot, that we shot on film and even when you watch it in HD version it looks incredible because it was on 35mm film which is what they use to shoot movies with. Even with that said I think people respect the fact that I went home [to Fayetteville, NC]. I didn't come out with a whole bunch of jewelry, a whole bunch of light skinned girls with short shorts on. It's a real organic feeling video. I really wish I would've explained more to people but you know in time people will get it. They'll see all the imagery and all the little signs." (SOHH)

• Upvote 1

Cole killed it as per..

Good look for Cole, really hoping his album does good numbers, guy deserves it, never heard a tune where he doesn't go in.

This plus his next single coming end of the year / January, and I think another single few weeks before the album drops should secure some numbers.

Cant wait for Lost Ones to drop, been waiting on that too long.

Wasn't really feeling the song with Keri. Wish she'd stop making music and just be a video hoe or suttin. Sick of hearing her try to be an artist (even though she is beautiful).

Jermaine was alright on that but he wasn't SICK.

It is definitely unfair, but whenever I hear J Cole, if it's not Welcome, Back To The Topic or Enchanted levels, I don't rate it. Which is silly coz those levels are stupidly high but that's just how I react.