The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Liverpool have made a formal approach to Lille for Belgian playmaker Eden Hazard

Can anyone confirm this anywhere?

Its paper talk. started in the mirror, was then picked up by the daily mail and is in both papers today. Havent seen it confirmed by anyone tbh but it makes sense if we have made an approach all things considered.

not suprising if true due to comollis role at the club and him having been working in france as recently as last season. Could easily be bullshit but taking into account Comolli, how well hazard fits the profile of player FSG highlighted we intend to make moves for and our supposed plans in the transfer market (both positions to improve and budget). Keep hearing Arsenal have first option on him but no-one actually seems to know why they have first option or whether they actually do.

Would be a sick signing imo depending on price of course.

Lille President says the last club to enquire about Eden Hazard was Chelsea in January.

However we all know presidents are the last to know.

Can't see Hazard going Liverpool this season cos of the no Champions League thing, its the stage he wants to be on.

Keep hearing Arsenal have first option on him but no-one actually seems to know why they have first option or whether they actually do.

Apparently Claude Puel told Wenger he was a star, so Wenger paid for it and we was allowed to talk to him.

The first-option thing is a non-issue anyway cos if you really want him and bid 30m, we wouldn't match it. Lille have practically admitted this.

Keep hearing Arsenal have first option on him but no-one actually seems to know why they have first option or whether they actually do.

Apparently Claude Puel told Wenger he was a star, so Wenger paid for it and we was allowed to talk to him.

The first-option thing is a non-issue anyway cos if you really want him and bid 30m, we wouldn't match it. Lille have practically admitted this.

Safe for clearing that up.

Yeah that was my next point, even with first option you have little chance in terms of a bidding war with a club that has more spending power.

cant see us bidding 30 m but at the same time i dont think he will go for that much when he does eventually go. He signed a new deal not all that long ago and seems like he's not the type to try to force through a move.

If a big foreign club in the Champions League, really want him, he'll go and force the transfer.

Lille want him to stay another year and play CL football with them tho.

In regards to the fee, I know fans always value their players more, but I get the feeling their would be an outrage if they sold him for anything less than 22m.

If a big foreign club in the Champions League, really want him, he'll go and force the transfer.

Lille want him to stay another year and play CL football with them tho.

Maybe, im not so sure.

He doesnt seem to be itching to leave, he's made it clear he wants to play for a top team though. Either way he seems to be playing it smart, not doing the stupid thing by cutting his ties with the club insisting they sell him and have the fans turn on him. Be great to see him in the prem, would be an amazing signing for us but im not that confident of us getting him to be fair.

The fee thing, i agree they'll feel upwards of 22m is a good price for him.

/

Re: Aquilani

Juve had till May 15, to use the part of the loan deal that allowed them to sign him on a permanent basis for €16m. They purposely missed the deadline because they dont want to pay that much for him and are trying to convince us to sell for less. Cant see us selling for less, looks like he's on his way back imo. Rumours of other teams in italy being interested but remains to be seen if any would meet our demands.

Be happy to see him playing for us next season. Aquilani back with a fully fit Gerrard aswell as Meireles settled after his first season, Lucas constantly improving, Spearing having found some very good form and forcing his way into the first team picture in Gerrards absence. Poulsen likely to be sold and maybe a new DM brought in, looking strong in the centre of midfield.

Yeah that was my next point, even with first option you have little chance in terms of a bidding war with a club that has more spending power.

cant see us bidding 30 m but at the same time i dont think he will go for that much when he does eventually go. He signed a new deal not all that long ago and seems like he's not the type to try to force through a move.

lol @ taking his word as gospel

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When did I suggest it was gospel?

I just said why it is rumoured that Arsenal have a first-refusal/option on him.

I'm not even sure we definitely paid a fee, as some say we have just committed to playing a free of charge friendly in their new stadium and until then Lille will be courteous with us.

lol @ taking his word as gospel

lol @ thinking i took it as gospel

u also ignore the fact he started it with APPARENTLY, not asif he said this is exactly why arsenal have first option and its fact

• Downvote 1

Feels he needs to remain stable playing regularly to secure a place in the international squad for euro 2012. Reckon theres a number of DM's we're looking at signing in the summer, only really seen Matuidi and M'Vila reported on but its a position we're clearly looking to make an addition in.

Guest Portuguese

What type of DM are you looking for?

Matuidi and M'Vila are different types

Matuidi is a deep line playmaker

M'Vila is a destroyer(holding) with the potential to become box to box

What type of DM are you looking for?

Matuidi and M'Vila are different types

Matuidi is a deep line playmaker

M'Vila is a destroyer(holding) with the potential to become box to box

In all honesty im not even sure, we've been heavily linked with both so who knows. I've not seen much of either so cant really comment on their game properly.

Depends on a number of factors such as the formation we intend to play next season, what happens with promotion of youngsters and bringing back loanees e.g. Aquilani.

Gerrard

Meireles

Lucas

Spearing

Aquilani

Shelvey

All vying for CM spots (given AA returns), none of them except lucas and arguably spearing really model their game on breaking up opposition play. Didnt include Poulsen as he's likely to leave