The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

N'Gog is nowhere near as bad as Murks make out. Tonight he was arguably unlucky. But its not like he is our first choice striker, he is our 3rd. Just unfortunate about the Europa league situation with Suarez.

Don't chat sh*t about Lucas either, unless you acknowledge how much he has grown during the clubs hardest time in the past few years, where others have shrunk and failed to perform.

It's not ironic because it's not actually true, he was one of our best players last season but he was the scapegoat for every problem we had.

*Gerrard misplaces 10th pass of the game*

Commentator: "uncharacteristic poor pass from Mr Liverpool"

*Lucas misplaces 3rd pass*

"Lucas again careless in possession..."

*Co Pundit who was an unused substitute for most of his career at Derby County jumps in*

"He's just not Liverpool quality , he gives the ball away in areas that frustrate me as a former pro"

:mellow:

• Upvote 1

Guest Klitschko

I don't mind Lucas.He still has room for lots of growth , he's a subtle player, always offers the option, uses the ball well and has a good reading of the game and is pretty tactically aware, he had a magnificent game against Chelsea a few weeks back too and has generally been performing well.

Having said that, someone mocked Carrick a couple pages back (think it was Lahi/Q)

You can't mock Carrick and support Lucas, sorry, doesn't work like that.

Hes done well u cant take that away from him but imo hes not good enough..

Players like him shine the most in times like these, he will show a bit of aggression, make a slide tackle or booking and recieve a large cheer and the fans are on board..But after all the smoke has cleared hes not good enough

Looking at the bottom 4 clubs, id take Parker (spam) Mulumbu (wba) O'Hara (wolves) Watson (wigan) over him, Watson is the only debatable case there but Ben has more quality on the ball than Lucas..

Before u start dubbing me a tr0ll etc Wigan play a better passing game than Lpool so take that into consideration n dnt get carried away

• Downvote 2

lucas has improved into a decent premiership player

nothing more nothing less

the amount of players who are worse than him in the prem is roughly the same amount as those better than him

if ngog improves the same then one day he will be a decent prem player as opposed to below average

Guest Klitschko

Imo, the age that Ngog is at, he hasn't improved enough, and he isn't going to improve at a rapid enough rate with the amount of games he plays. He needs to be gotten rid of.

I don't mind Lucas.He still has room for lots of growth , he's a subtle player, always offers the option, uses the ball well and has a good reading of the game and is pretty tactically aware, he had a magnificent game against Chelsea a few weeks back too and has generally been performing well.

Having said that, someone mocked Carrick a couple pages back (think it was Lahi/Q)

You can't mock Carrick and support Lucas, sorry, doesn't work like that.

One cost 6 million came straight from Brazil and is slowly improving, the other one cost 18 mill and appears to be slowly losing it.

Not saying Carrick is a worse player than Lucas, but this season...I think you could mock Carrick and support Lucas.

And that really wasn't the point of me mocking Carrick anyway.

O'Hara and Mulumbu you know...And how old is Parker <_<

Parker, Mulumbu, O'hara are all different types of players to Lucas though?

He's hardly a destroyer, or box to box.

Exactly hes sh*t, hes hardly anything

O'Hara can play LM DM CM AM, hes quality

Parker DM CM

Mulumbu DM but supports and backs up the play

From time ur telling me he cant be compared to fellow central midfielders then u knows theres a problem lol..

Dnt bring age into this Lucas is 24, Parker was doin it for Charlton at them ages

Sean Davis at Fulham looked a better player than Lucas at the same age

Bellion, Pongolle & Vaz Te looked better and prob had less chances than our friend EggNog

Dont talk about Carrick hes been sick since 16, hes won it all domestically smh how dare you

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Klitschko

Lucas is a passer though.

He doesn't have the range of passing with either foot of Carrick, or the technical precision of his predeccesor Xabi Alonso, but he is the one in a 3-man midfield who keeps things moving.

He is IDEALLY used with a destroyer next to him, hence his partnership with Maschereno being pretty effective.

Does he have the ability to control the game in the mould of an Aquilani or Alonso? No.

Is he the best option for his role in the 3-man midfield? Yes.

@Anelka - Was I saying Carrick was sh*t or talking about his form this season/last year and a half? Some selective reading.

Who mentioned Levia's age?

How is he exposed in a 2...Did you see him play last year with Mascherano?

Or how does he hide in a 3? Did you see him play against Chelsea a few weeks ago?

You actually have selective reading/watching.

Guest Klitschko

You don't get the best out of players of his mould in a 2-man midfield pairing with them being the most defensive of the 2, Xabi Alonso himself struggled with this for his first season at Liverpool, because he was required to do the duty of a destroyer, which he was not, it wasn't till he played in a role with a destroyer next to him, with an attacking player ahead of him, that he could express himself and impose his personality on the game. Ideally they will need a player with extreme athleticism or drive next to them if they are going to do the job in a 4-4-2.

I'm not really sure what you think I've said, I'm not saying he's world class.

Though lets not go overboard, he isn't completely devoid of imagination or range in his passing.

You seem to have the same problem with Busquets. (who is on a whole other planet to Lucas, btw)

Players of his mould lol please name players in the same "mould" as Levia coz I can only think of our Swiss friend Denilson..

Liverpool came 2nd with Alonso playing 33 league games

The following season our friend Levia plays a massive 35 league games following Xabi's departure and Lpool finish.. 7th was it??

Thats all that need to be said really, when Newcastle, Wolves, Blackpool & WBA have better CM's than Levia then u know its time 2be concerned

Ur defending of him is admirable, I commend you

• Downvote 1

This guy still having the nerve to make statements. SMH. Should've taken Cole with him.

Liverpool FC confirms that following the successful transition of the Club to its new owners, Christian Purslow is to step down as special advisor and non-executive director.

LFC Chairman Tom Werner said: "We will always be grateful to Christian for his vital contribution to the Club during his time as Managing Director and latterly as Special Advisor.

"He has played a fundamental role in securing the future of the Club and in the sale of LFC to new ownership."

Christian Purslow said today: "I have been happy to be available to provide support for the new owners during the transitional period since the sale but now Liverpool FC is in excellent shape for the future, and in safe hands, it is time for me to concentrate fully on other business interests. I look forward with pride and excitement to watching Liverpool FC compete at the highest levels once again."

Guest Klitschko

Because Alonso is 10 times the player Lucas is, because Torres was injured or sulking for most of the season, because of numerous other troubles at the club :/

And yes, Denilson is in the same mould as Lucas.

Not sure what you expect from Denilson either, when he is expected to play in the Maschereno role - both are (were) liked by their managers because of their ball retention & distrubution..

Thats it.

If you think we came 7th because of losing Alonso and having Lucas there.

Please don't post in this room again, because you come across as any Stan Collymore.

Will probably tell me it was Alonso that played and helped win 4-1 at Old Trafford, like the rest of the mugs in the British tabloids.

Swiss friend Denilson :confused: Actually a stereotypical English pundit.

Because Alonso is 10 times the player Lucas is

Proved my point again, he is not good enough for Lpool FC, the level that they were/are aiming for.. Lucas is really lucky Poulsen is there lol

Obviously its not the sole reason but its not just coincidence

Carrick to Utd in 06/07, there only signing and they win the league..

Lucas replacing Alonso and Lpool finishing 7th

Cesc coming into the invincibles team and winning 1 FA cup since

Bent starting games and scoring etc

These are not coincidences

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just come in and chat sh*t I swear, without ever bother to read or check other sources and opinions.

So many people are baffled about the exclusion of Pacheco. Except when the teams form is better, which it undeniably is under Kenny (Unbeaten in last 8 games and conceded one (offside) goal), then of course the groans about him not being included are going to be more feint.

And has anyone said that Lucas is world class? No.

Have they said he has been playing very well this season? Yes. Stats further prove this.

Over the past 18 months in times of adversity, has he not improved his game? Yes

Is he not a regular in the Brazil Squad? Yes

Stop being utter moron pos seekers, and make sensible arguments.

Don't chat sh*t about Chelsea blah blah.

Who has mentioned Rafa?

Liverpool obsessed guy.

• Upvote 2

Lol bane stays failing

REALISTICALLY everyone in here knows we, as a club, can do better than Lucas and N'Gog. We are just unfortunate to have them in our team while we go through this tough transition tbh. A lot of top class proven players left and did not get replaced properly so a lot of pressure is now on our fringe players and them 2 will obviously be used as the scapegoats from time to time. They are trying hard but are not doing as well as we would want them to. But thats not to say they can just go out and give one outstanding performance every 10 games or so.