Whats a reasonable amount to expect from next 6 games?

streets.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa AMan Utd HChelsea ALiverpool HSunderland HStoke A+

A FA Cup or potentially 2-3 FA Cup games and a Champions League away game to Porto all thrown in.Defintely a intense period of fixtures.
=If we get 10 points from these fixtures, I'll be happy. I feel we can win all the home games - but could potentially lose all the away games. So if we can win at home and secure maybe a draw at Villa then I'll be happy. I don't think Man Utd or Chelsea will win their next 6 league games on the trot. So even if we drop a few points it's not the end of the world. If by the end of those fixtures we are 4-6 points behind Chelsea then I'll be good.

Wow all them weeks ago after the Chelsea game I kind of gave up hope and said f*ck it all it's over now in this position, well love to see us take maximum points (18) but that won't happen so around 14 be fine but am I setting my standards too high? Not at all, I just don't want us losing a game and really hurting the momentum of this side, Fabregas is such a key player we need to keep him fit, once he ticks the rest of the team are tocking! Arsenal winning the league is good for the game in this country.

• 2 weeks later...
love to see us take maximum points (18) but that won't happen so around 14 be fine but am I setting my standards too high?
Manuel Almunia's Faults Continue To Be Arsenal's Number One ProblemThe sight of Manuel Almunia’s name on the United goalscorers’ sheet probably tells a story in itself, but the devil lies in the detail.Nani’s instinctive flick past Clichy and Nasri was an inspirational move, as was the burst of acceleration which took him past Denilson. Yet in driving to the by-line, there was little chance of him scoring, until he lifted the ball over a poorly-positioned Almunia.It is at moments like this where you appreciate the importance of a goalkeeper in a tight game. Indeed in recent years, goalkeepers have decided this of all fixtures on numerous occasions.Both Arsenal and Manchester United fans will remember Fabian Barthez’s howler at Highbury where he twice gifted goals to Thierry Henry, or Jens Lehmann’s superb diving stop against Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to secure Arsenal victory at Old Trafford.But while few Manchester United fans would dispute the capabilities of Edwin van der Sar, few Arsenal fans would be willing to fight the corner of Manuel Almunia.Almunia has more reason to remember games against United than most, but often for the wrong reasons. His first loss as an Arsenal player came at the hands of Manchester United, and he has done little against Arsenal's biggest rivals to cover himself in glory since.Arsenal fans may remember his needless charge from the goal-line in the corresponding fixture two seasons ago which ultimately proved costly, and similarly against United in September his rash dash from goal felled Wayne Rooney and let United back into a match they were in danger of losing.Of all the keepers for the supposed "top four", Almunia remains by far the weakest, while clubs such as Manchester City and Manchester United have stockpiled two or three goalkeepers who could well be viewed as his superior.As with all his players, Wenger remains stubbornly loyal, but at some point mistakes cannot be ignored. In both games against Manchester United, and also against Liverpool, Arsenal’s goalkeeper has been found wanting.It can be little coincidence that the top teams in both the Premier League and the Champions League have top international goalkeepers.Almunia’s inability to force his way into a squad which already contains the likes of Iker Casillas, Pepe Reina, and Diego Lopez is understandable, but then when talk of an England call up surfaced—it was damning that Fabio Capello was so quick to dismiss such talk.Manuel-Almunia-Robbie-Keane-Arsenal-Liverpool_1663550.jpg

Aston Villa AMan Utd HChelsea ALiverpool HSunderland HStoke A+
A FA Cup or potentially 2-3 FA Cup games and a Champions League away game to Porto all thrown in.Defintely a intense period of fixtures.
=If we get 10 points from these fixtures, I'll be happy. I feel we can win all the home games - but could potentially lose all the away games. So if we can win at home and secure maybe a draw at Villa then I'll be happy. I don't think Man Utd or Chelsea will win their next 6 league games on the trot. So even if we drop a few points it's not the end of the world. If by the end of those fixtures we are 4-6 points behind Chelsea then I'll be good.
LOL @ MYSELF