Weekend Football topic

Guest R9

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the Arsenal number 1 should be his nation number 1, if not 1, you better be behind the top 10 keepers in the World.Mannone isn't good enough because he's not number 1 for his national team, doesnt even get selected for the U21s - so we cant even say he's highly rated in his age group, and within the club he's generally considered the weaker prospect out of him & Szczesny, so much so Wenger before the game considered starting Szczesny against Fulham instead, but has gone with him since Almunia's injury simply cos he's older.All that aside, Mannone has got his chance and is taking it, in three games, he's conceded two goals - a penalty and a shot maybe he should have done better with. He has two clean sheets (Almunia hasn't got two clean sheets this season) and a MOTM performance, something I dont think Almunia has EVER got at Arsenal.

I just cant beleive ppl are saying u cant tell how good a goalkeeper is if there 21wtf
in general...a goalkeepers peak is 30-35an outfielders peak is 25-30a 21 year old keeper is the equivalent of a 16 year old outfielderwould you write off a 16 year old who started in the first team and had a pretty faultless performance?
:!:
brah i think i wud no the difference between the quality of Cassilas & Buffon at 21 and the quality of Paul Robinson at 21...like it dont take a world class scout to see when a goalie is world class or not

I just cant beleive ppl are saying u cant tell how good a goalkeeper is if there 21wtf
in general...a goalkeepers peak is 30-35an outfielders peak is 25-30a 21 year old keeper is the equivalent of a 16 year old outfielderwould you write off a 16 year old who started in the first team and had a pretty faultless performance?
:!:
brah i think i wud no the difference between the quality of Cassilas & Buffon at 21 and the quality of Paul Robinson at 21...like it dont take a world class scout to see when a goalie is world class or not
no point saying he's good/not good enough.he done what he had to do against fulham yesterdaypipe down for now and we'll see in the coming months if he's good enough or not