Armed police to permanently patrol Britain's streets

Grafter

Course they did, thats just he said she said bollox.
Why would they lie?What have they got to gain?So you believe the police over several people who stated they did not warn him
I would imagine there where a few things being shouted at the time, these so called winesses/people seeking attention could easily of missed it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they lie?What have they got to gain?So you believe the police over several people who stated they did not warn him
I would imagine there where a few things being shouted at the time, these so called winesses/people seeking attention could easily of missed it.
I've seen people lie with nothing to gain from it. Some people just like the attention.

I've seen people lie with nothing to gain from it. Some people just like the attention.
Exactly.

What makes u trust the police so much then

Exactly.
I think I will believe the people in this instance as they have nothing to gain then police who seem to be covering up the murder

they need hurry up and legalize firearms so i can get the baby 9I dont feel safe anymore, and its not gangs of 14+ yr olds that i fear will attempt to take my lifeFrom 2 out of the 4 serious attacks iv had in my life have been perpertrated by policeMEN i will need protection from any thug like behaviour

Guest Swiftie

MERGED AS I HADN'T SEEN THIS TOPIC.

mp5eotech.jpg

Police armed with machine guns will soon be regularly patrolling the streets for the first time. They will move into different troublespots for two weeks at a time and carry out daily patrols. The armed team will also help neighbourhood police squads carry out stop and searches, 'weapon sweeps' and motorbike patrols.Police commanders believe the idea will make people feel safer in areas blighted by gang violence. But critics recoiled in horror, saying it would achieve exactly the opposite. James Welch, legal director of campaign group Liberty, said: 'Armed police patrols should not become a regular sight in our cities without a full public debate on the issue.' The patrols will be carried out by a team of 21 officers from the Met Police's CO19 firearms unit. Insp Derek Carroll, who leads the unit, said: 'Historically, CO19 was only called out when someone rang up to report a gun crime. But a lot of streets in London have young people in postcode gangs, aged 14 and upwards, and a lot of communities feel that they are controlling areas of estates. 'We are looking at gangs that have access to firearms and will be robust in dealing with them.' He said pilot armed patrols of notorious housing estates in Brixton, Haringey and Tottenham proved popular and officers even ended up playing games of football with young people. Met Police Authority member Jenny Jones said 'I'm horrified. I don't think this is what Londoners want and I don't think seeing a policeman with a machine gun will make them feel safer.' London Assembly member Jennette Arnold claimed the patrols could ruin years of community relations work.
Thoughts on this? Is this the way forward?

Guest Esquilax

will lead to more death's i think, gun ho youths and police with given rights to shoot to killwon't end well, police will be killed, public resentment towards the 'lower classes' will grow, along with resentment to ethnic minorities (lets not kid ourselves here) there's 2 things middle england reviles, it's paedophiles and cop killers.not the way forward, what ever happened to the baton? a youth gives you some lip BAM licked across the eyes with a truncheon, better than getting shot trying to take streatham vale for city of god or some sh*t

mp5eotech.jpg
Police armed with machine guns will soon be regularly patrolling the streets for the first time. They will move into different troublespots for two weeks at a time and carry out daily patrols. The armed team will also help neighbourhood police squads carry out stop and searches, 'weapon sweeps' and motorbike patrols.Police commanders believe the idea will make people feel safer in areas blighted by gang violence. But critics recoiled in horror, saying it would achieve exactly the opposite. James Welch, legal director of campaign group Liberty, said: 'Armed police patrols should not become a regular sight in our cities without a full public debate on the issue.' The patrols will be carried out by a team of 21 officers from the Met Police's CO19 firearms unit. Insp Derek Carroll, who leads the unit, said: 'Historically, CO19 was only called out when someone rang up to report a gun crime. But a lot of streets in London have young people in postcode gangs, aged 14 and upwards, and a lot of communities feel that they are controlling areas of estates. 'We are looking at gangs that have access to firearms and will be robust in dealing with them.' He said pilot armed patrols of notorious housing estates in Brixton, Haringey and Tottenham proved popular and officers even ended up playing games of football with young people. Met Police Authority member Jenny Jones said 'I'm horrified. I don't think this is what Londoners want and I don't think seeing a policeman with a machine gun will make them feel safer.' London Assembly member Jennette Arnold claimed the patrols could ruin years of community relations work.
Thoughts on this? Is this the way forward?
:clueless:

Thing is there rules of engagement are gonna be extemely strict, its gonna be more of a visual deterrent, people are hyping like heads are gonne be getting for topped for playing knock down ginger.
Like the rules of engagement with Menezes?No thanks
considering that was down to bad intelligence, stupidity on Meneze's behalf and being a day after a failed bombing attempt on the tube it is not really the same is it.