British Black Movie Banned By Odeon & Cineworld

Sinister

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as acting in these type of 'hood' films goes, i can safely say this is one of the best ive seen.the shoot out is also one of the 'realest' ive seen, thats probly one of the major points for the ban... i would say cut it but that scene is pivotal to the plot.this does deserve a nationwide screening tho

Have we ever had a black comedy film? I reckon VIP2 as a collective could write a classic still, imagine everything that's been posted on here.... the amount of quotables that could be fit into a film.
true but translating forum happenings into big screen would bedifficult

Guest Esquilax
Have we ever had a black comedy film? I reckon VIP2 as a collective could write a classic still, imagine everything that's been posted on here.... the amount of quotables that could be fit into a film.
true but translating forum happenings into big screen would bedifficult
I think it would be better with stories that have been shared on this forum than actual threads-being-made-into-scriptsYou could make a sick drama film about Ashman and Ceazy's struggle though tbh, I'd watch it"The Road To Millwall" or something, I dunno

most people are really living the yes sir no 'reality'Wether it looks sheg or not, its a free market and they should have the opputunity to accumalate revenue just like anyone else.Babylon hate to see black youth rise in this there is NO denialAt the end of the day ppl are supposed to have free will and no one will hold a gun to someones head and force them to use their last to go watch this, its a free, concious decision dispute what many have assumedAll we saw was a 3 min clip and disregarded the entire project as stereotypical, did ever cross anyones mind that maybe because life is moving on a 'same bullshit different day' agenda for the majority? truth is, whenever its something to do with angry black people in the uk, heads get SHOOK

most people are really living the yes sir no 'reality'Wether it looks sheg or not, its a free market and they should have the opputunity to accumalate revenue just like anyone else.Babylon hate to see black youth rise in this there is NO denialAt the end of the day ppl are supposed to have free will and no one will hold a gun to someones head and force them to use their last to go watch this, its a free, concious decision dispute what many have assumedAll we saw was a 3 min clip and disregarded the entire project as stereotypical, did ever cross anyones mind that maybe because life is moving on a 'same bullshit different day' agenda for the majority? truth is, whenever its something to do with angry black people in the uk, heads get SHOOK
Probably cos some "angry" black people in the UK have a gun crime problem?just a guess you know

Not true, plenty of films are banned in the UK for different reasonsThose with graphic violence, sexual scenes, unsuitable material, or ones thought to cause trouble or glorify certain things (violence, drug abuse) have all been bannedthese includethe recent texas chain saw massacre, last house on the left, the trip etcThis topic comes like the debate about going to war/the death penalty really.

Thats a bit redundant.If a few kids from an unheard of town in Oklahoma or some sh*t made a low budget film like this, it wouldnt make the national cinema, letalone over here.Only time an american movie is being screened here is if its got big budget actors or backing.
A few kids from an unheard of city?Anyway the fact is if their was a demand to see this film in the UK and it was made by a few kids in Oklahoma the police wouldn't get involved and it wouldn't be banned.

forget foreign importsabiding such guidlinesHow was Bruno not banned?Is it because it was homosexual acts being portrayedOr is it because Sacha can generate immense capital like Adidas and these no names from brum come like 2 stripe?
I haven't seen the film but1. It is a comedy, and a SPOOF comedy at that, so nothing therein is meant to be taken seriously, there is nudity, but is there graphic sexual intercourse? I doubt it.2. Graphic violence? Doubt it.3. Glorification of anythign illegal? Doubt it.Aside from the fact it would generate money so would not be banned, it doesn't break any rules.

forget foreign importsabiding such guidlinesHow was Bruno not banned?Is it because it was homosexual acts being portrayedOr is it because Sacha can generate immense capital like Adidas and these no names from brum come like 2 stripe?
Sacha= Jewishttkk
Jews rule the world
Not my wordsvenom's words

Not true, plenty of films are banned in the UK for different reasonsThose with graphic violence, sexual scenes, unsuitable material, or ones thought to cause trouble or glorify certain things (violence, drug abuse) have all been bannedthese includethe recent texas chain saw massacre, last house on the left, the trip etcThis topic comes like the debate about going to war/the death penalty really.
All irrelevant because these films were banned by the BBFC, this film wasn't.Police don't (shouldn't) have the authority to tell people what they can and can't watch.

All irrelevant because these films were banned by the BBFC, this film wasn't.Police don't (shouldn't) have the authority to tell people what they can and can't watch.
True but then it depends on what it is banned forthey have banned this because they beleive it will cause trouble, not only at the veiwing (people were shanked, jacked & beaten up at the release for adulthood - at the cinema I veiwed it at there was also a RUSH on the doors, about 200 people waiting to get in, they started letting people in, everyone just ran all hype to the doors n sh*t, knocking peopel over, some stampede, security had to be called and the screening was nearly called off - these movies, unlike the US versions, attract the type of people that the movies are actually about)I in no way agree they should be able to ban it, I'm just saying why.