January Transfer Window Thread

Lenny

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOL CAMPBELL is set to complete a shock return to Arsenal.The defender quit the club in 2006 but has been training with Arsene Wenger's side in a bid to maintain his fitness after leaving Notts County in September.Campbell has agreed a deal with the Gunners until the end of the season and will feature in their reserve team game against West Ham tonight.Earlier this week, Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia urged Wenger to re-sign the 35-year-old to bolster their squad.The Spanish stopper said: "For Arsenal, any help from a player like Sol would be very welcome."Having him at Arsenal would mean there are more players fighting for places in the team."Sol is desperate to play football again and doing that for Arsenal would be absolutely fantastic."Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2805019/Sol-returns-to-Arsenal.html#ixzz0cPoMoLDG

AS Roma's highly-rated striker Jeremy Menez is a reported transfer target for Liverpool with sources in the Italian press suggesting that Rafael Benitez is leading the chase for his signature.The versatile French ace, who can also play as a winger or second striker, has become the subject of interest from several clubs in the Barclays Premier League but the Reds are believed to be monitoring the player's situation after a high-profile fallout with Giallorossi boss Claudio Ranieri.Should the former Sochaux and Monaco star secure a move to Anfield, it would initially be on loan due to Benitez's limited budget in the January transfer window. It is believed that the Spaniard will have to secure loan signings in the current market with an allocated budget of £1.5 million being spent on the deal to bring Maxi Rodriguez to Anfield.The Agentina winger is expected to secure his transfer from Atletico Madrid in the next 48 hours but a move for Menez could also be on the cards despite Marseille hoping to lure the 22-year-old with a return to his homeland.However his agent Alain Migliaccio has dismissed the link as the Ligue 1 outfit are currently eyeing a move for Inter Milan's equally versatile midfielder Manchini.He said: “Menez to Marseille? That is not true at the moment, while Marseille are also set to sign Mancini.“I don’t know what the future will hold for Jeremy. I will talk with Roma next week.”It is believed that relations between Liverpool and Roma are good following the successful transfers of John Arne Riise and Alberto Aquilani between the clubs and Ranieri has revealed that he would listen carefully to offers for the tempremental Frenchman, who has netted just three times for the club since arriving in the summer of 2008.He said: “If there are requests from other clubs for our players, we will evaluate them.“I want to have players here who believe in the project and will give their all for the collective cause.”

Guest Tulse Hill

DON SOSA U OWE ME AN APPOLOGY FAMAND @ CANALES, LOL @ MAN NOT SEEING ME BUY THIS DUDE ON FM IN 2007 TIMES AS 15 YO, COME TRY SAY I AINT THE BEST SCOUT U SEEN

AS Roma's highly-rated striker Jeremy Menez is a reported transfer target for Liverpool with sources in the Italian press suggesting that Rafael Benitez is leading the chase for his signature.The versatile French ace, who can also play as a winger or second striker, has become the subject of interest from several clubs in the Barclays Premier League but the Reds are believed to be monitoring the player's situation after a high-profile fallout with Giallorossi boss Claudio Ranieri.Should the former Sochaux and Monaco star secure a move to Anfield, it would initially be on loan due to Benitez's limited budget in the January transfer window. It is believed that the Spaniard will have to secure loan signings in the current market with an allocated budget of £1.5 million being spent on the deal to bring Maxi Rodriguez to Anfield.The Agentina winger is expected to secure his transfer from Atletico Madrid in the next 48 hours but a move for Menez could also be on the cards despite Marseille hoping to lure the 22-year-old with a return to his homeland.However his agent Alain Migliaccio has dismissed the link as the Ligue 1 outfit are currently eyeing a move for Inter Milan's equally versatile midfielder Manchini.He said: “Menez to Marseille? That is not true at the moment, while Marseille are also set to sign Mancini.“I don’t know what the future will hold for Jeremy. I will talk with Roma next week.”It is believed that relations between Liverpool and Roma are good following the successful transfers of John Arne Riise and Alberto Aquilani between the clubs and Ranieri has revealed that he would listen carefully to offers for the tempremental Frenchman, who has netted just three times for the club since arriving in the summer of 2008.He said: “If there are requests from other clubs for our players, we will evaluate them.“I want to have players here who believe in the project and will give their all for the collective cause.”
Used to cop him on FM

Sky Sports NewsUnited eye up FreyFiorentina goalkeeper Sebastian Frey is a transfer target for Manchester United, according to the player's agent.The 29-year-old former Parma and Inter Milan shot-stopper is having an excellent season with the Viola in Serie A, and he has a contract at Artemio Franchi until 2013.However, agent Giovanni Branchini claims United are lining the Frenchman up as a possible replacement for current keeper Edwin van der Sar.Van der Sar has returned to training with the Red Devils after his wife suffered a brain haemorrhage in December, but it is not known whether he will extend his deal at Old Trafford."I cannot deny that Frey is on United's shopping list," Branchini said in the Daily Mail."But we will have to wait until the end of the season to see what will happen."Fiorentina are not willing to negotiate before May so we will have to agree with them."Seba is having a great season and the Viola are his main concern at the moment. So no problem at all, then in the summer we will talk."Despite Frey's reputation as a fine goalkeeper, he has only been capped twice by France and decided to retire from international football in 2008.

It's a pay as you play deal.Senderos is being sold out, Wenger clearly doesn't rate him any more.Sol is in as cover until the end of the season so Gallas contract can be signed and sealed then another centre-half can come in. I still think Sol is past it.Still expect a couple more movements in the window with us.

TONIGHT’S RESERVE TEAM: 1. Vito Mannone2. Kerrea Gilbert3. Thomas Cruise4. Craig Eastmond5. Kyle Bartley6. SOL CAMPBELL7. Mark Randall8. Fran Merida9. Jay Emmanuel-Thomas10. Francis Coquelin11. Gilles SunuSUBS:12. James Shea13. Luke Freeman14. Sead Hajrovic15. Cedric Evina16. Emmanuel FrimpongLets hope he fails now and not a few months down the line in the champions league semi's

# 27 mins 2-0 TO ARSENAL Well-worked move on the right-hand side see Emmanuel Thomas cut inside a drive home a low, left-footed effort. Arsenal in control now# 27 mins GOAL!!!!# 26 mins 1-0 TO ARSENAL Randall's shot deflected for a corner. Merida swings it in and Jay Emmnauel Thomas turns the ball in with his head# 26 mins GOAL!!!!# 23 mins THE BIG QUESTION How long is Sol going to last tonight? Remember his last game was Morecambe v Notts Co on Sept 19. That is a some time ago

Guest Malcolm Tucker

Ryan A***** think I might need glasses just seen Adebayor on Sky Sports chatting about the terrorist attack on the Togo team wearing a ARSENAL shirt.29 minutes ago · Comment · Likewtf lol