Lost Season 6

Dubby

comic-book-guy-13018.jpg

worst spoiler ever

/

why would the yute be aaron? why would aaron know/care about jacob vs leng locke?

the kid is either young jacob or a third party in this war.

why would the kid if he was young jacob referr to himself as a thrid person

' you can't kill HIM '

Its Aaron, from day dot Aaron was always meant to be a significant peice in the Losts plot.

he wasnt talking about himself in third person he was talking about sawyer

it was young jacob talking about sawyer, the rules were that smokey cant kill sawyer becuase if he killed him then he could take over his body

smokey is currently recruiting, he gets ppl when theyre dead, or by manipulating them, so at the moment hes manipulating sawyer when hes vulnerable, i believe he has claire and almost hass sayid

comic-book-guy-13018.jpg

worst spoiler ever

/

why would the yute be aaron? why would aaron know/care about jacob vs leng locke?

' you can't kill HIM '

Its Aaron, from day dot Aaron was always meant to be a significant peice in the Losts plot.

it was young jacob talking about sawyer, the rules were that smokey cant kill sawyer becuase if he killed him then he could take over his body

smokey is currently recruiting, he gets ppl when theyre dead, or by manipulating them, so at the moment hes manipulating sawyer when hes vulnerable, i believe he has claire and almost hass sayid

ahhh i get what your saying...

C/S you about smokey has already recruitred claire

Don't think the kid is Aaron, I think the kid is the island. Lol at Locke telling Sawyer that there's nothing to protect the island from. "The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Kate wasn't written on the wall? In fact, if you assume the it was Jin instead of Sun then there were no females. Good to see the numbers make an appearance.

The thing about him wanting Sawyer dead is nonsense as he could've let Sawyer fall from the rope ladder if that was the case. He needs help, not bodies. And he can't take new shapes remember so it doesn't matter who dies now.

Don't think the kid is Aaron, I think the kid is the island. Lol at Locke telling Sawyer that there's nothing to protect the island from. "The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Kate wasn't written on the wall? In fact, if you assume the it was Jin instead of Sun then there were no females. Good to see the numbers make an appearance.

The thing about him wanting Sawyer dead is nonsense as he could've let Sawyer fall from the rope ladder if that was the case. He needs help, not bodies. And he can't take new shapes remember so it doesn't matter who dies now.

he cant take new shapes.....according to ilana, im sorry but im not taking her word for gospel

the jap guy said that sayid is infected, claire is already on the dark side so it might not be him exactly who can take over dead bodies but something on his side

dunno what to make of him saving sawyers life tbh thats the only thing thats poked a hole through my theory

Hi there – my first post for a long time! Used to post a lot on the old Lost Theories site. Was most interested in ‘consciousness’ at that point and particularly Desmond as a character.

I now believe that the most important few minutes in the history of Lost concerns the conversation between Jacob and Flocke (is that the standard term now?). I believe that the simplest explanations are often the most accurate – in this case that Jacob is God/good and Flocke is the Devil/evil. We can take this meeting at face value – Jacob sees the value in ‘man’, whereas Flocke sees no value! Interesting that Flocke basically is the epitome of the Valenzetti equation. He states that it always ends the same! This is what the Valenzetti equation is stating –that the end can be predicted. For Flocke, the Valenzetti equation will always hold because ‘man’ can never change. Jacob believes that effectively, the Valenzetti equation can be disproved because ‘man’ can change for the good. It is ‘men’ that are the variables in the equation as Daniel posits. I suspect that every different group of people that have been brought to the island, have been brought there by Jacob. He is trying everything he can to disprove Flocke’s assertions. If we consider two of the groups we know most about ie the Others and the Dharma Initiative. I suspect that with the Others, Jacob has provided them with some of the secrets of the Island, knowledge that he exists and even, on occasion, direct contact with him. Would this knowledge change men sufficiently – apparently not. They still are deeply mistrusting of outsiders and likely to torture/kill anyone they view as unworthy. Again, Flocke is proved right. The Others continue to exist on the Island, but seem to get further and further from Jacob. If we then consider the Dharma Initiative – they can be viewed as the godless scientists. A lot of their experiments concern human behaviour and whether/how it can be changed. Rather like the Others their raison d’etre concerns the improvement of human life, but also like the Others, they quickly become a destructive force. They attack what they don’t know/understand! Still, Flocke is proved right.

Clearly, there have been many other groups that have come to the Island – the Egyptians, the US army, Flight 815 – but as yet, Jacob has failed to prove that ‘men’ can change. It appears that the ‘end’ as predicted by the Valenzetti equation has occurred many times before. It also appears that the whole things seems to reset at that point, or maybe this is when ‘humanity extinguishes itself’, and Jacob simply moves the Island back to the start of time. Jacob is patient and believes that ‘progress’ is being made, whereas Flocke sees no progress and is tired of the whole thing. The only way to put an end to it is to kill Jacob. However, for some reason, he cannot kill Jacob himself. He has to find someone else to kill Jacob. This has proved impossible for a long time because Jacob adopts a non-interventionist approach. He lives in the ‘foot’ when the Black Rock arrives and he is still there several centuries later. Generally speaking he doesn’t get involved. Man has to change of his own free will. However, Jacob decides to get minimally involved with the Others in an attempt to disprove Flocke. He provides proof of his existence, and maybe suggests some of things that are important to him (e.g. free will), but generally remains uninvolved. However, he does allow a preordained ‘leader’ minimal contact with him at his discretion – this is the loophole that Flocke recognises. Whereas Jacob is non-interventionist, I think that Flocke is more than happy to get involved and attempt to encourage corruption wherever he can to prove his point. I am very interested in Flocke’s connection with Ben. Strange that the only time that Richard has not appeared clean cut, is when he first presented himself to Ben. Could this be Flocke? -who has met Richard previously when he was in chains, which could explain how he represents Richard to Ben. Flock knows of Richard’s role amongst the Others. His aim is to manipulate Ben into a position of power within the Others, and then use him as a tool to attack Jacob (the loophole). Strange that Jacob never allows Ben to meet him – is he aware that Flocke intends to use Ben to eventually kill him?

If we look at Flight 815, it appears that this is another group intended to disprove Flocke. In this case Jacob seems to have handpicked a specific few to prove he is right. I suspect that it is the redemptive nature of these characters storylines that may eventually help Jacob prove his case. Now that Jacob has been disposed of, I think that Flocke’s aim will be to corrupt these individuals and prevent this redemption and thus prove him right (or maybe he simply wants to kill them all as with Locke). The Valenzetti equation is proven again only this time there is no-one to reset the Island and Flocke can go home – wherever that is! One other point concerns exactly where in time our current Losties exist. There is a new leader or the Others, Rousseau has been dead for three years. This suggests that we are not in the same timeline as Richard/Sun and co. Makes me worry what Flocke might have done to them and whether Jin’s search for Sun might prove in vain.

As for Widmore – he is irrelevant. Just another corrupt man who proves Flocke right!

Overall, I think the Lost creators are using this show as an allegory for the world in its present state. We know that there is a strong religious element to this show, and I think Lost mirrors Darlton’s view of the world, and most importantly how God/Devil interact with the world. Jacob, as an allegory to God, has an inherent belief in the goodness in man, but over time has become less directly involved in trying to direct them. As a result, man has become less attached to Jacob/God, perhaps even looking to science for the most important answers. The death of Jacob is perhaps a metaphor for the increasingly godless society we live in. Flocke is a metaphor for the inherent corruptibility of man (some would describe that as the role of the devil). The more we know and understand, the more destructive we seem to become. And yet, there are still some who are connected to God (think of Hurley), and could potentially divert mankind from the destructive path it is set upon. It is these people (call them ‘variables’!) who provide hope that things could yet improve. Perhaps, in the end, Carlton and Damon are calling to us. We are the variables. We can just watch as the world goes to hell, or we can try and do something about it. I suspect this is the take home message that will eventually be associated with Lost.

http://www.theoriesonlost.com/

lol @ Flocke. They made him a bit more vulnerable in this episode, tripping & getting emotional @ that yout. Interesting that not all the main characters were on the ceiling in the cave, what's their purpose? Ie: Syed, Kate etc

That is a good theory though, so is the Flocke = Esau. The scales in the cave must have represented the balance of power, something Jacob & Esau always fought for but would never obtain until one killed the other.

Where's the usual episode run down that's copy & pasted on here? If anyone could post it I'd appreciate it.

lol @ Flocke. They made him a bit more vulnerable in this episode, tripping & getting emotional @ that yout. Interesting that not all the main characters were on the ceiling in the cave, what's their purpose? Ie: Syed, Kate etc

That is a good theory though, so is the Flocke = Esau. The scales in the cave must have represented the balance of power, something Jacob & Esau always fought for but would never obtain until one killed the other.

Where's the usual episode run down that's copy & pasted on here? If anyone could post it I'd appreciate it.

as said before, the guy's house burned down so he hasn't been posting it

Flocke = Esau? dunno what that means but the scales signified the balance of good/evil, hence the white stone representing Jacob getting dashed and the scales tipping

Sayed was on the ceiling.

comic-book-guy-13018.jpg

worst spoiler ever

/

' you can't kill HIM '

It would make sense Smokey taking over dead bodies, he musta taken over Jack's dad's body when the plane crashed on the island hence why we saw Jack's dad alive on the island when he recruited Claire.

sayid was on the cave.

comic-book-guy-13018.jpg

worst spoiler ever

/

' you can't kill HIM '

It would make sense Smokey taking over dead bodies, he musta taken over Jack's dad's body when the plane crashed on the island hence why we saw Jack's dad alive on the island when he recruited Claire.

Doesn't make sense though coz we've seen Locke's body. I agree that he becomes dead people but he clearly doesn't take over their bodies. Although Christian's body was never found but then it was never meant to be (got lost when they actually did make it to LAX as well).

The thing is, Jacob must've been able to do it too. It can't have just bee this other dude the whole time as his motive doesn't fit with what the characters we've seen have been trying to accomplish. We've seen Walt, Charlie etc. and they weren't trying to kill Jacob or get off the island. Just clocked Walt's dead.

comic-book-guy-13018.jpg

worst spoiler ever

/

' you can't kill HIM '

Doesn't make sense though coz we've seen Locke's body. I agree that he becomes dead people but he clearly doesn't take over their bodies. Although Christian's body was never found but then it was never meant to be (got lost when they actually did make it to LAX as well).

The thing is, Jacob must've been able to do it too. It can't have just bee this other dude the whole time as his motive doesn't fit with what the characters we've seen have been trying to accomplish. We've seen Walt, Charlie etc. and they weren't trying to kill Jacob or get off the island. Just clocked Walt's dead.

i wasnt saying he takes over dead bodies himself, but his infection or darkness or whatever the japanese guy said takes over