Esco's Killer Convicted Of Manslaughter

Mame Biram Diouf

Punched him in the back of his head

?

He and Farley, who knew each other, met in the street and exchanged words before Farley punched Mr Defoe in the face, causing him to fall to the ground and hit his head.

These cases are a sad loss for both parties.

Boy, at the time I was told by his cousin that he was punched in the back of his head. Which knocked him out straight away and he fell forward.

Know one boy who had to do a 2-stretch for the exact same thing. Got into an argument with a family member and punched them. The person dropped to the floor and hit their head on the pavement and died. The boy was convicted of manslaughter.

I don't know any details about Esco's case so it's not my place to comment. But I do know that these "accidental" killings can happen.

Yeh but does the contract with the floor cause the death, the root of the problem is the punch but that doesnt actually cause it?

Just a question

its definitely a tricky one.

but in this case the guy clearly had no intent on killing him, he was just pissed over some arguemnt over money or something.

part of his sentence is the guilt of knowing hes killed a former friend.

Guest Triple XXX

its causation (i think)

i did like 2 weeks of law in college n they touched on this

like say u hit someone with a car or sutin n it causes them to lose alot of blood then denies a transfusion because of religious beliefs when it woulda 100% made them better and they die you can go down for it

at least thats what i think they taught us

maybe someone who actually does law could clear it up

RIP still

its causation (i think)

like say u hit someone with a car or sutin n it causes them to lose alot of blood then denies a transfusion because of religious beliefs when it woulda 100% made them better and they die you can go down for it

RIP still

The law is there to make people responsible for their actions. Ie. if you go around punching people in the face you must be prepared to accept ANY consequence that could arise from your punch. Obviously the absence of intent to kill is the distinction between manslaughter and murder, but if you throw a blow, or even just a shove, that directly causes someone to die then you are responsible.

Guest Tulse Hill

its causation (i think)

RIP still

The law is there to make people responsible for their actions. Ie. if you go around punching people in the face you must be prepared to accept ANY consequence that could arise from your punch. Obviously the absence of intent to kill is the distinction between manslaughter and murder, but if you throw a blow, or even just a shove, that directly causes someone to die then you are responsible.

Would you be responsible if;

You were walking down the road at 12pm after a night out, a man comes and asks you for directions - you tell him the wrong way and walk off.

10 mins later the bloke comes back and pushes you, you turn around and walk away, he follows you and smacks you round the back of the head, you drop but get up and punch him in the face and he dropped cracking his head and died.

Are you to blame?