Jay-Z' keeps Brit afterparty black only

VENOM

Supposerdly the complete opposite happened for real at Mariah Carey's party in about November times. Chipmunk, Lemar and couple others got parred on the door

EDIT

Jasmine Dotiwala: "If You're Black, Get Back?"

So Mariah recently touched down in the UK for a promo run and she also threw a massive angel-themed party in London. On the night of the event, I was preparing to get myself dressed and ready, except I couldn't because suddenly, my phone started blowing up with calls and texts.

There seemed to be mass confusion at the nightclub Jalouse, where many of the people on my guest list were having difficulty getting in. From the start, this party had too many cooks. There were five guest lists, an argument over the style of DJs, and a promoter that really didn't fill me with confidence. Still, I know when not to interfere so I held my tongue. But I shouldn't have.

It suddenly struck me that all my guests that were having difficulties getting in just happened to be black and male. I then received reports from the door that the door staff were being extremely and unnecessarily rude and even racist to many of them.

A number of my guests told me that they were snubbed at the door, and told things like, "Not tonight son, you're not suitably attired," etc. Well, I was spitting with fury.

After informing Mariah of this saga, she threatened not to go unless it was sorted immediately, so many calls and heated discussions were had. The PR company that were trying to control the door also informed me that the club seemed to have a colour-influenced door policy and when the PR girls questioned this seemingly prejudice policy, they were thrown out by security!

Readers, I was getting ready to go down there and knock someone out. I was so furious with the less than able half wit promoter who was the most ignorant, unhelpful, unprofessional person I have ever worked with. I organise events and parties for superstars regularly and never had I seen such malfunction.

The club was supposed to be giving all our guests wristbands to ensure their free beverages all evening, but our guests got nothing and were forced to pay extortionate bar prices. Meanwhile, the club charged their guests a lot of cash to pay to come and meet Mariah, so the club was mostly packed with people whom none of us had invited. It was a farce.

Even though a lot of celebrities like Sir Philip Green, Louis Walsh, Westlife, Geri Halliwell, Kanya King, Brenda Emanus, Alan Carr, Pixie Lott and Rupert Everett were inside, a lot of others – like Sway, Bashy and Lemar – were apparently treated very badly.

We finally arrived to a ridiculous fanfare and then people started frantically pushing, squeezing and flashing their cameras. This is how you know it wasn't our guest list but the club's crazy guests. Our guests come to all our events and never act the fool. They are made up of the likes of BBC 1Xtra DJs, Choice FM DJs, Kiss FM DJs, journalists from music magazines, online sites and so on. It was an absolute nightmare.

The DJ tried his best but the club had killed people's party vibe and now it was just full of drunk nobody's spilling champers all over everyone. The club staff had made our guests feel so bad that people were looking despondent or leaving. We hated it. It was horrible. We made small talk and smiled and greeted people but it was a wrap. We weren't in there for more than an hour and had to escape.

Outside we heard yet more horrible stories of the club staff verbally abusing our guests. Video director Jake Nava was told to tuck his shirt in and Chipmunk was so vex he bounced after 10 minutes.

It's pointless a club spending loads of money on PR, a publicity branded board, pink cupcakes and angel dressed bar staff, when the treatment of attending guests is going to be so bad.

The next day, after I finished apologising to my guests and reassuring them that this wasn't typical of my events or what Mariah would've wanted, I did some research. Many industry people said the club had an awful reputation. I was saddened and surprised.

Maybe it's naive of me but I truly didn't think things in London were this bad. My DJ mates and industry people laughed at me, telling me I was silly to be shocked because in many West End clubs, apparently this is the norm!

I don't understand why this has gone unchallenged for so long. But luckily, a friend of friend pointed me in the right direction and now I've been told that undercover government investigators will be making trips to clubs to see which are breaking the law, and those clubs may have their licenses revoked.

The bottom line: never go and spend your hard earned cash in clubs like Jalouse. They don't respect or want you. Spread the word. We don't advocate racism. Down with the Jalouses of this world.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/41628008.html

Seems to have been taken down from The Voice website where the blog was originally posted.

My white, blonde friend was on the table next to Jay's at that afterparty so that's gas. Nice idea though. Flip the script for once. Lol at the way it's news if it happens to white people. When it happens to black people it's just Saturday night!

big difference

trust me if a club outright said "No blacks" people would be flipping

when i worked security in london we were told to exercise our discretion especially in respect 2 groups of males

if i saw a group of black males from the ends I would ensure all were searched and then let them through no problem, same with a group of white pub guys or any group of males who look like they could be at the centre of a confrontation

there are 100% racist security staff who will exercise their political views but none are stupid enough to say "No blacks" lol.. if the bouncer had told me "No whites" I don't know if I would of been able to control myself. I'd expect the same reaction if I ever told someone "Sorry mate your not coming in cos your black and this is a white party"..

I haven't read the article properly coz of the nonsense with the text but I didn't realise they actually came out and said it, I thought it was just apparent.

TBH i got angry reading that

amount of times you go out of ends on a road trip with your boys, get to a shoobs and the bouncer will take one look at you and your people and say " not tonight lads" or regulars only

f*ck off

actually had one bouncer say to us once " couples only tonight" and then about 6 white guys went straight in

[GHETTS]you might see me move to bouncer,[/GHETTS]

i once got told i wasnt dressed funky enough

LMAO the bouncers at 'the space' in leeds said exactly the same thing to me once.

still its better than a 'not tonight lads' f*ck*ng hell makes me mad.

Guest Esquilax

Don't really care about black or white people, but SMH at " chipmunk was so vex he bounced after 10 minutes"

I don't wanna read f*ck*ng Ebonics in my articles, for the last TIME