Giggs' Tour cancelled

bay_u

buying albums in 2010 is old skool and just not gonna happen no matter how noble we try to be why should i buy his album and not buy an album by a next man? because he "needs" it?

all artists would NEED it i would imagine but we aint all gonna by every mans album are we?

the T SHIRTS yes ive done that and have no problem doing it even got my son one because i like some of em but i doubt most man will buy the album due to some kind of street morals thats just laughable.

you lot download all the time on this very forum anyway so i find it hard to then be told to BUY an album just because an artist has a spot of bad luck.

buying albums in 2010 is old skool and just not gonna happen no matter how noble we try to be why should i buy his album and not buy an album by a next man? because he "needs" it?

all artists would NEED it i would imagine but we aint all gonna by every mans album are we?

the T SHIRTS yes ive done that and have no problem doing it even got my son one because i like some of em but i doubt most man will buy the album due to some kind of street morals thats just laughable.

you lot download all the time on this very forum anyway so i find it hard to then be told to BUY an album just because an artist has a spot of bad luck.

if you want more artists like giggs, not just in terms of the genre of music but in terms of the way in which he's become 'famous' (not by arse licking major lables and turning his sound into some hybrid watered down sh*t) then he needs to be supported.

Firstly I don't even know why so many people are making so much noise like it's a surprise mans ting got locked off. This is not the US, as much as I WANT Giggs to do well, I don't think many people on here KNOW how deep the forces at work against street music of UK origin goes or have acknowledged how powerless UK street music industry is in the grand scheme of things.

Lol @ petitions & guys trying to gather up support like it's REALLY going to make a difference. Again, this is not the US, our support systems against these kinds of strongarm tactics ain't built/strong enough to make a blind bit of difference to the status quo (for now anyway).

All those with alzheimers line up please because 'the powers that be' has done it MANY times and Giggs won't be the last either imo. Apart from So Solid which I don't think they were prepaired for hence them even getting that far; Do heads remember PAUG events, Roll Deep events, Heartless events and countless events like Eski dances, Young man standing, Deja Vu events etc? They all got the same treatment (to name but a few). Like others, I have vivid memories which directly effected me of these types measures of po po just locking events off under their sliding 'risk assessment' criteras. In Heartless Crew times we lost BAGS and BAGS due to feds locking off events when we NEVER promoted any types of crime/violence. We were called at our offices and threatened, clubs got the same treatment and in most cases it was 'lock the event off or we'll cancel all your licenses'. We got solicitors to write to the applicable police forces, we got petitions, plenty of support BUT NOTHING CHANGED but after time they just backed off when we were no longer a 'risk'.

/

Every action has a reaction and it isn't always limited by time.

Firstly I don't even know why so many people are making so much noise like it's a surprise mans ting got locked off. This is not the US, as much as I WANT Giggs to do well, I don't think many people on here KNOW how deep the forces at work against street music of UK origin goes or have acknowledged how powerless UK street music industry is in the grand scheme of things.

Lol @ petitions & guys trying to gather up support like it's REALLY going to make a difference. Again, this is not the US, our support systems against these kinds of strongarm tactics ain't built/strong enough to make a blind bit of difference to the status quo (for now anyway).

All those with alzheimers line up please because 'the powers that be' has done it MANY times and Giggs won't be the last either imo. Apart from So Solid which I don't think they were prepaired for hence them even getting that far; Do heads remember PAUG events, Roll Deep events, Heartless events and countless events like Eski dances, Young man standing, Deja Vu events etc? They all got the same treatment (to name but a few). Like others, I have vivid memories which directly effected me of these types measures of po po just locking events off under their sliding 'risk assessment' criteras. In Heartless Crew times we lost BAGS and BAGS due to feds locking off events when we NEVER promoted any types of crime/violence. We were called at our offices and threatened, clubs got the same treatment and in most cases it was 'lock the event off or we'll cancel all your licenses'. We got solicitors to write to the applicable police forces, we got petitions, plenty of support BUT NOTHING CHANGED but after time they just backed off when we were no longer a 'risk'.

/

Not even going to argue against this, but f*ck that. Positive thinking FTW.

Guest WAVESURFER

/

You're missing the point though, this isn't just one event in London that's been locked off, it's an ENTIRE UK TOUR.

This is a bigger deal, so perhaps people making a bigger fuss about it could have a positive effect this time.

Wavesurfer, I haven't missed anything like I said before. It's been done before and this won't be the last. Way back when I had 12 shows up and down the UK in a 2 month period with HLC and they ALL got locked off.

/

I would love to be proved wrong but imo those that can make a difference by supporting the cause won't because they don't care that much for Giggs and artists of that nature. I swear Londoners either really forget or are just ignorant to how different the rest of the country is in comparison coz since I've been living in the sticks. I can see how parents/those in power think Giggs is threatening/menacing/'risky hence them not wanting their 'innocent' John or Tracey go to a Giggs concert even though you and I know if trouble kicks off, it will be some few foolish bres who ruin the concert for the majority and Giggs will get the blame.

/

Someone should to tell Giggs to put out a well orchestrated and thought out statement in which he admitts his wrongs of the past, tells people his moved on and is moving on. That he is trying to better himself and question why the police are stopping him from making an honest living. He should then go onto name some well researched rocksters/mp's/people in authority who have done very questionable things but have been given second/third chances. Not sure about this one but should name Tony Blair for dupping off bare people but his still going around the world making millions lecturing.

Basically just drop the truth and ask for people's support and I'm sure alot more people will get behind him. I'm sure his label can get some of the big media outlets to broadcast it even if it's a shorten verision.

Disclaimer: I know I'm typing alot but I feel for Giggs and those trying to better themselves but po po keep f*ck*ng with them and when I start releasing tracks again ('Life's a. . .' - 26th April 2010). I may well go through the same sh*t again.

• Upvote 2

Goddaz correct me if I'm wrong but in most cases Heartless and similar grime events/promoters had the option of paying for police attendence to safeguard the event. Giggs isn't being given that option.

Trident collect information. They arrest people, they make raids, they aint stupid. They know about sh*t thats going on. As much as its deep to deny him a tour and the earnings from a tour, they are given enough reason.

Goddaz correct me if I'm wrong but in most cases Heartless and similar grime events/promoters had the option of paying for police attendence to safeguard the event. Giggs isn't being given that option.

Trident collect information. They arrest people, they make raids, they aint stupid. They know about sh*t thats going on. As much as its deep to deny him a tour and the earnings from a tour, they are given enough reason.

they have enough reason to cancel a LDN show, i suppose

but no way stop the entire tour, do you honestly think there wud b any significant trouble in the areas out of LDN

Wavesurfer, I haven't missed anything like I said before. It's been done before and this won't be the last. Way back when I had 12 shows up and down the UK in a 2 month period with HLC and they ALL got locked off.

/

I would love to be proved wrong but imo those that can make a difference by supporting the cause won't because they don't care that much for Giggs and artists of that nature. I swear Londoners either really forget or are just ignorant to how different the rest of the country is in comparison coz since I've been living in the sticks. I can see how parents/those in power think Giggs is threatening/menacing/'risky hence them not wanting their 'innocent' John or Tracey go to a Giggs concert even though you and I know if trouble kicks off, it will be some few foolish bres who ruin the concert for the majority and Giggs will get the blame.

/

Someone should to tell Giggs to put out a well orchestrated and thought out statement in which he admitts his wrongs of the past, tells people his moved on and is moving on. That he is trying to better himself and question why the police are stopping him from making an honest living. He should then go onto name some well researched rocksters/mp's/people in authority who have done very questionable things but have been given second/third chances. Not sure about this one but should name Tony Blair for dupping off bare people but his still going around the world making millions lecturing.

Basically just drop the truth and ask for people's support and I'm sure alot more people will get behind him. I'm sure his label can get some of the big media outlets to broadcast it even if it's a shorten verision.

Disclaimer: I know I'm typing alot but I feel for Giggs and those trying to better themselves but po po keep f*ck*ng with them and when I start releasing tracks again ('Life's a. . .' - 26th April 2010). I may well go through the same sh*t again.

Real talk. Him saying "I dont care theyre helping to promote me" is pointless really. I still think people should make noise about it, show disgust and whatever else. They are reconsidering Form 696 because people complained enough that those who never thought of it as a problem previously were shown in action its basically racist. If people keep making noise about this, bigger heads (Guardian, BBC One Show/Inside Out...) may look into it further, bringing to the attention of those who need to hear. Not saying they will totally backtrack, but they may look at Giggs - more likely similar acts in the future - in a different light

Not to my knowledge man and even if they did to other similar events, we would be talking large sums of money which 9/10 for 'urban' events it won't warrant the event taking place anyway. Fast forward to 2005 ish onwards, through the venues owners you were given a form that you had to fill out alot of information about the event you wish to take place i.e every mc/dj's government name, alias/address/dob/numbers etc. You also had to state age groups you were expecting, turnover, time slots of those performing etc. The venue would then pass that onto the applicable po po person nearest to the venue for an assessment.

As much as I agree with their existence, I f*ck*ng HATE TRIDENT but yeah. They know what's going on even if their not 100% certain in some cases. The reasons are moretime too stringent and usually changed/added very late to the point their certain you won't be able to fully satisfy it.

Guest WAVESURFER

Wavesurfer, who listens to Giggs in Glasgow?

I may be wrong but I would not have assumed he had a large fanbase among young people in Glasgow.

Just me, as far as I know.

I was gonna rope a coupla mates into it as well, just for a night out.

But nah I reckon he would probably attract some of the dubstep type crowd we have a lot of up here, and I think the younger black people in the city are probably aware of him, so I'd expect to have seen a lot of them there too. I'm just guessing though tbh.

I was surprised when I saw the posters, I wouldn't expect him to have many fans up here either.

• Upvote 1