Parentally Programmed Racism

Captain Planet

You're telling me why I think Jamaicans are arrogant? You don't even realise it but you reinforce my point in every post.

England bang on about their achievements because in truth they're pretty amazing, an Island this small without a wealth of valuable natural resources has no right to be as prosperous and influential in all aspects of life as this country is. On top of that it amassed the largest empire known to man so it's no surprise they blown their own trumpet a bit.

This is the original post that prompted my response.

Why are smallies so obessessed with Jamaica?

What made you say that 'smallies' are obsessed with Jamaica, the majority of posts in this topic about Jamaica prior to yours were by Africans ffs.

I don't get this seeming obsession with the size of your island, do you look up to China?

It's much easier to group you all together
again with the arrogance. You think everyone hates on you because of your influence when the reason people 'hate' is because you have an elevated sense of importance, in the grand scheme of things all the islands in the Caribbeans are small and you're just the biggest of a small bunch.

Flag recognition is not an indication of relevance, most people associate pyramids with Egypt but I'm pretty sure the majority wouldn't recognise the flag.

And for an island with the population of about 4 million, and much less money to promote their culture, Jamaica's achievements are? Contradiction right there.

If you cant see that I'm NOT boasting about the size then quit. I've explained my reason a few times.

in the grand scheme of things all the islands in the Caribbeans are small and you're just the biggest of a small bunch.

Point? We call you smallies because we are the biggest of a small bunch with more than triple you population. The point I'm trying to make is it isnt derogatory, its factual - dont be offended. Sri Lankans get cussed for how dark they are by others in that region but in the grand scheme of things they are lighter than Africans in Kenya. Do you see how flacid your point is?

Flag recognition is not an indication of relevance, most people associate pyramids with Egypt but I'm pretty sure the majority wouldn't recognise the flag.

So this invalidates my point how? I didnt say it is the only way to judge, said it is A way. We can go on and on about things like music, food, icons both sporting and political, name the capital city, religion... pick one if you wanna take it there, but that isnt debate to me.

I spotted some small islanders. venom is one

jammo's give the rest of the islanders a bad name

Excuse me if he isnt, but that post looks like one. Only two others were posted and yes they were African, so that isnt majority, its 50/50

Those prompted me to ask what I've wanted to ask for a while, so I asked it here.

This is a post, where if it wasnt me that asked a question, you should have a problem with

the small islanders all hate on jamaicans

your Jamaican heritage >>>> your basian heritage

But its subjective. I guess we do call Ronaldo arrogant for saying hes the best player in the world, even though he has won an award to prove it. Jamaica is the biggest, most influential, popular and best known, you cant go around it. It isnt boasting, its factual and being proud of achievements for similar reasons to why yu feel England can boast, get over it

You still havent proven me wrong about me saying youre insignificant to others.

I'm guessing youre taking offence to insignificant, but it isnt meant to be rude,just saying we dont care to cuss or belittle you, but you guys always wanna cuss or belittle Jamaica and/or its achievements. Be proud of Jamaica for the region, Jamaicans dont spend time cussin you and without them the Caribbean wouldnt be what it is today

And if you dont like the length of the post, dont read it. I'm only posting it for flojo, give a f*ck if its long or whether you want to read it

Guest Lemons

Yes c/s Scallops, when done right they are beautiful.

Whos had Zizzi's Seabass in white wine, garlic and parsley? *drools and books zizzi for tonight*

What time you book the table for bbz? xoxoxox

8.61pm

Be there sexy ;)

I don't respond well to being made a fool of in public.

I have a feeling you'll live to regret this.

Should have known better than to mention you and Jamaica, you're like a dog with a bone.

I never said the other Islands weren't insignificant, so what you waiting for?

Jamaica's influence is the most widespread of the Caribbean Islands, but using it as reasoning to call all the others insignificant is arrogant.

Referring to people as 'Smallies' in the way a lot of Jamaicans do is arrogant.

You thinking that all the other Islanders hate Jamaica's achievements is arrogance.

You keep saying its factual/ the truth like that makes it any less arrogant.

Should have known better than to mention you and Jamaica, you're like a dog with a bone.

I never said the other Islands weren't insignificant, so what you waiting for?

Jamaica's influence is the most widespread of the Caribbean Islands, but using it as reasoning to call all the others insignificant is arrogant.

Referring to people as 'Smallies' in the way a lot of Jamaicans do is arrogant.

You thinking that all the other Islanders hate Jamaica's achievements is arrogance.

You keep saying its factual/ the truth like that makes it any less arrogant.

Re: insignificance - I was waiting for you to say I was chatting sh*t when, to be fair, I knew you couldnt.

I had a feeling you was taking offense to insignificant. I honestly didnt mean it in a rude way. Insignificant, little-known etc.

You obvs take offense but I can assure you that more time it isnt meant to be arrogant. Jamaicans are abrupt, yes very, and they call things as they see it so other islands = small island. I get what youre saying, just showing you it isnt that. Inferiority complex maybe

I didnt say smallies hate, I said belittle. At any given opportunity they'll exclude. I guess we can both work on our choice of words, maybe you could work on how you interpret what is written

I only responded because you named me when I blatantly hadnt said anything more disrespectful than most other people in the thread. Main point is dont call up my name if you cant defend it, simple. Mention my name at any time, in any situation, regardless of a Jamaica mention and you'll get the same reaction if I think youre chatting unsubstantiated sh*t. You should all know this by now. The Jamaica thing is side line, I havent replied to anyone else who cussed Jamaica for it is their opinion. As I've pointed out, I asked a question. Natty's post was worse than mine. DONE

@NoSunshine, dont ask stupid questions mate. Read my previous post if anything. This topic isnt a lets discuss Jamaica topic, so lets not go down that road. Jamaica happened to be the subject here, but it was because he try send for me personally

wtf are you going on about?

If you read all my posts my only claim was that Jamaicans are arrogant while you're going off on tangents.

I didn't take offence to you saying the other islands are insignificant I said it was arrogant

I didn't say that your post was disrespectful I said it showed arrogance

Natty was saying what he'd been told, you asked a question that implied other Islanders were obsessed with Jamaica, again displaying arrogance.

I made one point about arrogance and you backed up my claim in every single post.

You made claims, I stated facts to show it isnt arrogance but being proud and smallies getting aggy over nothing, you call it arrogance. Agree to disagree

It was only the last post that was as simple as youve made out. The debate had developed more than that, check your post before that

He wanted it else he wouldnt have called me arrogant for asking a question. He's an example of someone watching my posts too hard, there are a few of you who will jump on my name at any given opportunity. Dont do it or I'm coming to defend it. Natty's post was more arrogant than my question, so why he call my name?

Once again I care less about the Jamaica reference, many people sent for Jamaica/Jamaicans in the thread, dont care for that. Dont send for me without substance, straight

England bang on about their achievements because in truth they're pretty amazing, an Island this small without a wealth of valuable natural resources has no right to be as prosperous and influential in all aspects of life as this country is. On top of that it amassed the largest empire known to man so it's no surprise they blown their own trumpet a bit.

WRONG..........Would be cool if you got your facts right :Y:

Enlighten me

• 1 month later...