Wiz Khalifa

Young £

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

black and yellow currently number 1 on the billboard hot 100, it sold 198,000 this week, cos of the superbowl im guessing

nuts cos it was released in early September

Guest WAVESURFER

I don't listen to this guy so I dunno how much of an influence Max B has been on him, but I honestly dunno how anyone could listen to this tune flojo posted:

And not see that he's blatantly ripping off this Max B tune for the hook:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

lol they sound the same, so what

wheres all these other tunes he was so influenced by, u've only shown me one resemblance

scorpz has a point yer, those two tunes at the beggining of the chorus sound the same

but i been listening to wiz for ages, i was so suprised i downloaded everything this nigga has ever done and have listened to it

he has been like that from day dot, this max b influence is desperate reaching

its the pittsburg sound hes stuck too and tried to bring all the way thru his music (singy-flow sh*t)

believe it or not

not everyone knew who max-b was 2007-8 times

and to say someone wiz has never stated was an influence (he always says currensy though), just cause they sound similar to you is discrediting...

the timeless tune is probably the only example lol

and even so even listening to that song its hard for anyone to jump on a beat like that without sounding like max b

wheres all these other tunes he was so influenced by, u've only shown me one resemblance

you said the influence wasn't there, I was pointing out it blatantly was. There's a lot of Wiz tunes I feel like I hear Max's influence on and after hearing that one it confirms to me that I wasn't imagining it.

Wiz rates Dipset and apparently in a Source interview said he's basically using their movement as a blueprint for Taylor Gang so Max has definitely been on his radar for a long time.

you said the influence wasn't there, I was pointing out it blatantly was. There's a lot of Wiz tunes I feel like I hear Max's influence on and after hearing that one it confirms to me that I wasn't imagining it.

Wiz rates Dipset and apparently in a Source interview said he's basically using their movement as a blueprint for Taylor Gang so Max has definitely been on his radar for a long time.

yer where are those tunes!!!! like i said, scorpz posted one, "theres a lot of wiz tunes i feel like i hear max's influence on" what ones?! any ones hes singing on i bet..

and i'd love for you to find me that interview, makes no sense why he would say that, so i would love to read how he explained himself, lol reaching like i said before, f*ck off with that sh*t, this is max b were on about not nate dogg... and even so his buzz when he 1st started was nothing on wat it is now, have no idea why people are automatically assuming max b was a well known persoanilty in hiphop then.. wiz is from pitsburg not new york

It's not any tune he's singing on that makes him sound like Max, it's certain flows and the way he does his backings.

Ones that spring to mind other than the couple I posted are The Breeze and The Kid Frankie, I'll drop more examples in here soon.

When I listen to Curren$y I don't think 'that sounds like Max' but when I listen to Khalifa I think it quite often.

How you can listen to that tune and think 'nah he hasn't been listening to Max for time' makes no sense to me, if that tune doesn't prove to you he's been aware of and influenced by Max in the past there's nothing I can say to convince you.

I always was a big Dipset fan, a big Bone Thugs fan. So anything that I was into [had a] cult following. A big Wu Tang fan, cult following. So I thought, “Hmm, let me start my own

http://generationvision.com/2010/11/30/wiz-khalifa-interview-with-the-source-magazine/

http://www.thesource.com/articles/32416/High-Class%3A-Rick-Ross-and-Wiz-Khalifa-Cover-Year-End-Issue-Of-The-Source/220/ON-STANDS-NOW

lol reaching like i said before, f*ck off with that sh*t, this is max b were on about not nate dogg... and even so his buzz when he 1st started was nothing on wat it is now, have no idea why people are automatically assuming max b was a well known persoanilty in hiphop then.. wiz is from pitsburg not new york

Wiz a hip hop artist might not be aware of Max B cos he's from Pittsburgh yet I'm from West Yorkshire and I've been aware of him for years.

Mind you don't pull a muscle, you're over reaching.