Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed he will not report Barcelona midfielder Xavi to Fifa for comments he made about Cesc Fabregas.Wenger was irritated when he heard that Xavi had said his Spanish team-mate was "suffering" because he had been unable to join him at his boyhood club, and said the comments were disrespectful.However, the French boss – who has vowed to keep Fabregas at Arsenal – has admitted he will not report Xavi or Barcelona to Fifa for the comments, which were posted on the Catalan club's official website."I don't think it's a sentence big enough to report a club to Fifa," Wenger told reporters. "The impression I had was that it wasn't respectful to our club or to Cesc. I don't make more than that."It has to stop, of course. If there is a transfer negotiation between two clubs, I don't think it is healthy if players come out [and talk] who are not concerned by it. "Unfortunately, in this case, it has happened a few times. It will not contribute to sort any problem out."Xavi has no direct part to play in that story and I don't see why he should, unless he has an official job to do for Barcelona. I don't see why he can go on the [official Barcelona] website and make this kind of statement."
Real talk

The Mayor of Fàbregas' home town of Arenys de Mar says Cesc is "expericing a kidnapping" by Arsenal refusing to sell him to Barcelona."We want him to come right away, he is experiencing a kidnapping," Garcia told Barcelona newspaper Sport."If the English are so honourable they should behave properly."The clowning around must stop as it is confusing everyone."
smfh

Arsenal midfielder Denilson will fly to Brazil on Monday for a medical after the Gunners accepted a season-long loan offer from São Paulo.The wantaway 23-year-old, who has already expressed his desire to quit the club, struggled to find a new team this summer despite tentative interest from England and Spain, making it look likely that he’d remain with Arsenal next season.However, São Paulo’s director of football Adalberto Baptista approached Arsenal last week and a deal was immediately agreed to sign their former player, according to ESPN Brasil.Fellow Brazilian side Fluminense also expressed an interest in signing the Brazilian, but Sao Paulo were reportedly ‘faster’ to reach an agreement with Arsenal.It is unknown whether Arsenal have given the option to buy the creative midfielder, although his departure – albeit on loan – almost certainly spells the end of his five year career in north London.Read more: http://goonertalk.com/2011/07/15/denilson-expected-to-secure-loan-move-to-sao-paulo/#ixzz1SD4yVw18
  • Upvote 9

ARSENAL last night tabled a £14million bid for Anderlecht superkid Romelu Lukaku.And boss Arsene Wenger now believes he can beat rivals Chelsea to the 18-year-old striker's signature.SunSport can reveal Lukaku's agent Christophe Henrotay met Arsenal officials in London yesterday.He was then expected to fly to Portugal where the Belgian club are based during pre-season, to talk to the teenager.Chelsea were hot favourites to land the 6ft 3in starlet, who is rated one of the top young players in Europe.He has hit 31 goals in just 71 games for Anderlecht and has already played nine times for Belgium.It would represent a major coup for Wenger if the Arsenal manager can pull off the deal.Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona also made inquiries but Lukaku looked sure to sign for Chelsea until Arsenal moved in.Anderlecht are prepared to let him go for less than their £18m asking price.But a major stumbling block to any deal could be the fact that Lukaku's dad Roger stands to pocket 25 per cent of any fee.Arsenal are on a money-spinning tour in the Far East but Wenger promised he is working day and night to strengthen the team.It is understood that Gunners executives first spoke to Henrotay several months ago but only decided to firm up their interest in the last few days.The news will be a huge boost to Emirates fans who are waiting for a conclusion to the saga of Cesc Fabregas' move to Barcelona next week, after the squad return from China.Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3698322/Arsenal-in-for-14m-Anderlecht-whizkid-Romelu-Lukaku.html#ixzz1SEioIagZ

I'm generally coming to the conclusion that we won't sign any defenders. How we signed Gervinho before a defender is completely beyond me.I agree to a point what TF said about Wenger not really rating Samba and Cahill which is why hes unwilling to pay the fees their clubs are demanding. Then again I rate Wenger's ability to judge a defender questionable at best.

Guest Jane From Reception

I should always be in charge of this room, I am the bearer of good news.Right lads, where shall i wave my magic next!Enrique or Cissokho please.