Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

We conceded a higher proportion of goals from set-pieces (53.5%) this season than any other in the Premier League.We let in exactly the same number of goals from set-pieces this season as they did last season (23), when Vermaelen regularly featured.That toll is almost double the number that Arsenal conceded during the 2008‑09 campaign (12), after Kolo's departure to City.Kolo managed more headed clearances in his last season at Arsenal than any other Arsenal player – and his tally for that term, 129, is also more than any Arsenal player managed this season.All from Opta.In all seriousness, our defence is terrible. Every time a damn corner/free kick/long ball goes in, we look like conceding.

• Upvote 6

Our attack was quite poor last season, a distinct lack of creation and invention in a lot of games.We are also one of the weakest defensive units in the league, really, really shocking as a collective unit at defending.I don't see how bringing in new players will solve our defensive problems when it's the tactics and lack of work on the training ground which is causing it.

• Upvote 1

From March:WBA2 goals conceeded:Set pieceDefensive/keeper errorSpurs Away3-1 up, poor clearance leads to goal, conceed a pen from a keeper mistakeBolton AwayConceed 2 set pieces, lose 2-1Stoke AwayConceed goal from a set piece, another because defenders dont want to close down, final goal defensive mistake/poor clearanceVIlla at homeConceed 2 goals in 3 minutes, overall poor defending in both goalsFulham awayZamora free header in the box/Our attack does have problems, but you cant expect to score 3/4 every game because even when we do we cant always hold on to it.We need better players and better coaching. We can solve a lot of current problems on the training ground but the quality is not there. Imagine Sagna and Vermaelen get injured for a period of time?Eboue - Koscienly - Djourou - GibbsDont piss me off.

• Upvote 4

Hi guys, I really dunno where to post this so I'll put it here.My sister and her husband migrated from Manchester to Spain 7 years ago, specifically Valencia. Her husband is quite a snobby **** who was born into money and he ran his own pretty successful printing company before their move so they're not short of a few quid, which is why they live in a quite posh region of Valencia.Getting to the point (and not talking about my boring family anymore :D) Juan Mata is one of their neighbours. My brother in law is a big La Liga fanatic and loves bragging to me about living near him, and while I normally ignore him when he goes off on one when I heard we were interested in him I made sure to ask my brother in law about him when he and my sister came home today for their yearly visit.Well, it turns out my brother in law and Mata have gotten very friendly over the last year. According to him they always play tennis and play video games together on Mata's xbox. "We're best pals!" he kept telling my Chavski supporting dad, who didn't really care at all. It was good for me though because I was getting quite desperate for some information about Mata because he'd be my dream signing this summer.I asked my brother in law an hour ago about him and I got just what I wanted. I swear on my Grandmother's grave that my brother in law said to me that Juan Mata had told him on Monday that he had a meeting with us the day before about discussing personal terms with him, which I assume means that we've either had a bid accepted or we're nearing Valencia's price. Mata told my brother in law that the meeting had gone well and he would be really happy to come to Arsenal as we are willing to match his wage demands, which Liverpool, who had met with Mata too a few weeks ago, were refusing to do.I'm so excited at the minute. My brother in law is an Arsenal fan too so he wouldn't lie at all about this, even if he is a bit down-heartened because he sees Mata as a replacement to Nasri. Yeah I only joined tonight and I only have one post (which is this :D) but I'm a fan just like the rest of you. I'm not a WUM and I certainly wouldn't take the piss because that's pathetic. So believe me or not, whatever, but I know that my brother in law is telling the truth and that Mata has held talks with us.

Common man..These brother in laws, friends friends neighbors stories are straight flames. The timing is premature too. Its the sort of stories that surfaces 48hrs to dead line day. saddest part of it is one of the news papers are going to run with it and some more spice to it from their own perspective.

This further convinces me your a wind up merchant, and please do not take offense if my suspicions prove to be incorrect.In your two posts here your have forecast the end of Tottenham hotspur, and that one of our best players will leave to a club that really hasn't shown that much interest in him, and is tapping him up, and that his uncle is going to shout about this to a randomer.
:D

The Thursday afternoon arrived in Costa Rica Richard Law, a team representative of Arsenal Premier League, which has every intention of trying to sign striker Deportivo Saprissa tico, Joel Campbell.The official was accompanied by French Joaquim Batica, player agent and who want to take the quoted player.The news was met www.everardoherrera.com and At the Foot of Sport program. In the next few hours you have scheduled a meeting of the British with the leadership of Deportivo Saprissa, as well as Campbell himself and his father.The 19-year player has just completed an outstanding job with the selection policy that participated in the 2011 Copa America.Campbell has appeared smaller selection and a good level have led him to be compared with the same playerCameroon's Samuel Eto'o.Upon arrival Batica said that the interest of Arsenal is great, while Law declined to give statements.We can say that the bruises could close the deal in the coming days, as time slowly runs out as the striker ends his relationship with tibaseños in June 2012, so in January could sign a preliminary contract with any entity without regard to Saprissa. Such a situation would leave without a good starting Saprissa money.Joel will now join the work with the Costa Rica will play U20 Junior World Cup in Colombia.