David Villa to Barcelona

Lenny

Dein use to tap up players, did it to Gilberto, we even had Ribery bagged until PHW sacked him.

Pretty sure Adebayor wasnt wanted at his club. Same for van Persie who was offered to clubs for over a year.

Flamini was tapped tho, altho Marseille always blamed Flamini rather than Arsenal.

Wenger definitely taps up the French players cos he talks to them on the phone.

Barcelona believe they can conclude the signing of Cesc Fábregas before the weekend after agreeing the basis of a contract with the midfielder. Fábregas has informed Arsène Wenger of his desire to leave the Emirates and the Spanish champions are hopeful of swiftly tying up a deal, even though they admit that they face difficult negotiations with Arsenal.

Barcelona initially envisaged a fee in the region of ¤35m (£30m) for the player but now privately accept that it will be difficult to close a deal at that price. With Arsenal demanding a minimum of £40m, Barcelona's president, Joan Laporta, has said that he is prepared to pay more to make the deal happen. The Catalan club is also ready to offer players in part-exchange.

Although Barcelona appeared to take a step backwards today when the sporting director, Txiki Begiristain, talked about the significance of Fábregas being under contract at the Emirates, privately they are bullish.

Sources in Barcelona have told the Guardian that a deal is in place with the player over wages and length of contract. The club is also encouraged that for the first time the 23-year-old has been prepared to agitate for a move, telling Wenger unequivocally that he wants to leave. Last summer, the manager asked Fábregas to continue at Arsenal and the midfielder reluctantly agreed. This summer he is determined not to be denied a move.

Barcelona continue to use Fábregas's desire to come to the Camp Nou as leverage with Arsenal but are keen not to irritate the Premier League club, which is why Begiristain was publicly restrained today .

"What counts here is Arsenal and what their decision is, because Cesc is a very important player for them," Begiristain said. "It is great news that he wants to come. [but] sometimes what players want does not happen [because] they have contracts in force. I think that at some stage Cesc will come to Barcelona. I don't know when but I have the feeling that he is a Barcelona player and he would love to play here. But we have to respect Arsenal and the contract he has there."

Barcelona will examine whether a player exchange can speed a deal. Yaya Touré was the most likely candidate but his agent, Dimitri Seluk, has insisted that the midfielder will not go to Arsenal. "Touré is not Cesc and nor is he going to replace him," he said. "He will not go to Arsenal."

Barcelona have moved quickly to secure the signing of the striker David Villa, who joined from Valencia for ¤40m yesterday. Villa will be presented Friday and Barcelona would like to present Fábregas alongside him.

With the Villa deal finalised, Barcelona believe that they can quicken the pace over Fábregas. The Arsenal captain and the Catalan club are determined to conclude the transfer before the Spain squad meets in Madrid on Monday to prepare for the World Cup. Fábregas has said that he wants his future settled before the tournament begins in South Africa next month.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/19/barcelona-cesc-fabregas-arsenal

Cesc Fabregas price war: Livid Arsenal hit back at Barcelona by pushing fee to £80m

Arsenal last night hit back at Barcelona as they battle to cling on to their talismanic skipper Cesc Fabregas.

The Premier League club said Fabregas is going nowhere unless the Spanish giants stump up a fee in the region of the £80million that lured Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid from Manchester United.

Barcelona had hoped to unveil both Fabregas and David Villa at the Nou Camp tomorrow and believe they have agreed terms with the Arsenal player.

His club, however, remain in no mood to do business despite the 23-year-old telling Arsene Wenger on Tuesday that he wants to quit the Emirates to go back to his boyhood team.

After signing Villa from Valencia for £34m yesterday, Barcelona’s focus has switched to tying up a deal for Fabregas with the same speed.

Indeed, Barca’s desire to rush through the midfielder’s capture — they want to

conclude a deal before he joins up with the Spain World Cup squad in Madrid on Monday — could prove to be their undoing.

Having intimated the club would take an offer in the region of £50m to even consider doing business, Wenger and the Arsenal ’s board are now so determined to hang on to their captain that they are adamant it will take somewhere in the region of £80m for them to sell.

That would provide Wenger with the funds to land players normally only within the grasp of Barca, Real, Chelsea, Manchester United and, more recently, Manchester City.

There is no prospect of Barca parting with that kind of cash for Fabregas, although there is every possibility that an opening bid in the region of £30m will be faxed through to Arsenal today. As of last night no offer, official or otherwise, had been forthcoming.

The fact that Fabregas has five years remaining on his deal at the Emirates, not four as previously believed, certainly strengthens Arsenal’s hand.

Barca were yesterday playing a cagey game, no doubt mindful of remaining on the right side of FIFA’s regulations regarding transfers.

Sporting director Txiki Begiristain said: ‘It’s great news that he wants to come here and I think that one day Cesc will have to come to Barca. But what matters is Arsenal and what their decision is. They think he is a very important player for them. We have to respect that.

‘I wish it was as soon as possible. But we have to respect Arsenal’s wishes and the contract he has. At times the wishes of players do not come true because they are under contract.’

Fabregas was doubtless hoping for a much more committed message from Barca after plucking up the courage to tell Wenger of his desire to leave.

As Arsenal dig in, Fabregas could even be forced to hand in a written transfer request. Such an unedifying end to his seven years at Arsenal is the last thing the 23-year-old midfielder wants even if he has made his mind up to go.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1279797/Cesc-Fabregas-price-war-Livid-Arsenal-hit-Barcelona-pushing-fee-80m.html#ixzz0oPunNtQM

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol at Liverpool fans getting involved. The bid will soon come in for Torres you mugs. Anyways, I ain't one to comment too hard on this issue. Should Cesc leave it won't be the dumbass 30m that these fools are bandying about tbh. It'll be 45m to 50m. Said it AGES ago in the sports room, you lot laughed then. 5 years on the contract, I swear if I was AW, I'd be ruthless as f*ck. Don't blame Cesc in all this tbh, but you can't carry on stating year in year out that you'd love to play for Barca one day and sign a f*ck*ng 8 year contract the next. Either Barca stump up our asking price or f*ck off and try again next year, if Cesc doesn't wanna play for us, f*ck him. No one is bigger than the club. AW needs to make signings though, a CM, DM, GK. We already got Chamakh, we really should be looking to move Nasri to the Centre. Diaby and Denilson need to get CUT. We need 2 beast DM's blocking out CB's. Song and a signing. With Nasri given the free roaming role, Chamakh and RVP up front. 4-4-2. No bullshit.

We need to build from the back. A commanding GK (Neuer? Akinfeev?), a solid CM (Melo? sh*t season and Juve, could be 10-15m, Wenger can definitely rebuild him) and a solid DM (If Cesc goes, try to get some sort of swap for Yaya). Realistically, I would mind us lining up like this next season

------------Akinfeev--------------

-Sagna----Bonucci--Vermaelen---Gibbs--

-----------Yaya-----Song-------

----Nasri-----------------Arshavin---

-----------RVP--------------------

----------------Chamakh---------------

RVP playing directly in behind Chamakh who is strong in the air and can hold the ball. Nasri roaming across the centre and Arshavin swapping wings with Nasri, running at defenders. Chamakh CAN be a goal machine if used right, our fullbacks need to work on their crossing. Gibbs CAN cross better than Clichy and has his head screwed on, Clichy has been a retard lately.

To improve our defence, our 2 DMs most sit back consistently, and put pressure constantly on the midfield of the opposition. Free up Arshavin and Nasri from this dirty ground work that f*cks up their creativeness and stamina. Bonucci is tactically adept, young and f*ck*ng class. If we got a team that looked like this together or set up in a similar fashion I'd be f*ck*ng stoked. Adios Cesc.

Edit: The coaching staff really need to start teaching the players how to defend as a unit, it's embarrassing how scattered we get when a team runs at our Dms and defence. Two DMs in front of the Cbs should sort this as it'll help us keep the shape better, especially when we get countered, Man Utd at home and Chelsea both times last season was f*ck*ng embarrassing. Need discipline not f*ck*ng Denilson. (Remember how he jogged back for Rooney against Man Utd?) Dirty beanhead.

All I know is Denilson and Diaby must never be anywhere near our first team ever again.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

stopping reading after you called melo a CB

any you who knows what an anus feels like

The f*ck are you on about moron? Clearly a typo if I called him a CB, try and curb your cuntish streak will you.

Bit off topic but yeah I've had anal sex with my gf, problem :lol:?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol at Liverpool fans getting involved. The bid will soon come in for Torres you mugs. Anyways, I ain't one to comment too hard on this issue. Should Cesc leave it won't be the dumbass 30m that these fools are bandying about tbh. It'll be 45m to 50m. Said it AGES ago in the sports room, you lot laughed then. 5 years on the contract, I swear if I was AW, I'd be ruthless as f*ck. Don't blame Cesc in all this tbh, but you can't carry on stating year in year out that you'd love to play for Barca one day and sign a f*ck*ng 8 year contract the next. Either Barca stump up our asking price or f*ck off and try again next year, if Cesc doesn't wanna play for us, f*ck him. No one is bigger than the club. AW needs to make signings though, a CM, DM, GK. We already got Chamakh, we really should be looking to move Nasri to the Centre. Diaby and Denilson need to get CUT. We need 2 beast DM's blocking out CB's. Song and a signing. With Nasri given the free roaming role, Chamakh and RVP up front. 4-4-2. No bullshit.

We need to build from the back. A commanding GK (Neuer? Akinfeev?), a solid CM (Melo? sh*t season and Juve, could be 10-15m, Wenger can definitely rebuild him) and a solid DM (If Cesc goes, try to get some sort of swap for Yaya). Realistically, I would mind us lining up like this next season

------------Akinfeev--------------

-Sagna----Bonucci--Vermaelen---Gibbs--

-----------Yaya-----Song-------

----Nasri-----------------Arshavin---

-----------RVP--------------------

----------------Chamakh---------------

RVP playing directly in behind Chamakh who is strong in the air and can hold the ball. Nasri roaming across the centre and Arshavin swapping wings with Nasri, running at defenders. Chamakh CAN be a goal machine if used right, our fullbacks need to work on their crossing. Gibbs CAN cross better than Clichy and has his head screwed on, Clichy has been a retard lately.

To improve our defence, our 2 DMs most sit back consistently, and put pressure constantly on the midfield of the opposition. Free up Arshavin and Nasri from this dirty ground work that f*cks up their creativeness and stamina. Bonucci is tactically adept, young and f*ck*ng class. If we got a team that looked like this together or set up in a similar fashion I'd be f*ck*ng stoked. Adios Cesc.

Edit: The coaching staff really need to start teaching the players how to defend as a unit, it's embarrassing how scattered we get when a team runs at our Dms and defence. Two DMs in front of the Cbs should sort this as it'll help us keep the shape better, especially when we get countered, Man Utd at home and Chelsea both times last season was f*ck*ng embarrassing. Need discipline not f*ck*ng Denilson. (Remember how he jogged back for Rooney against Man Utd?) Dirty beanhead.

All I know is Denilson and Diaby must never be anywhere near our first team ever again.

not a bad idea (Melo is a DM tho)

but Wenger is stubborn as f*ck, will still push 4-3-3

stopping reading after you called melo a CB

any you who knows what an anus feels like

The f*ck are you on about moron? Clearly a typo if I called him a CB, try and curb your cuntish streak will you.

Bit off topic but yeah I've had anal sex with my gf, problem :lol:?

Lol at knowing what the anus feels like. :lol:

dies.

On topic... Tried it. Felt good. Nothing more, nothing less.

Them youts in pe lesson who got asked first wether a gal was sexy and said no then when every1 else said ye u confessed to having pics of her on your wall which u jizz over ffs u weirdo