Perseid Meteor Shower Tonight @ 10pm

Mr. Gayle

Thats one thing about living in the city I hate, you don't see the stars or the sky in the same way you see it out in the countryside.

Talk about all these cut backs, turn the damn street lights off past a certain time. would save a fortune on leckie.

Back to the topic - I set my alarm especially to see this, was not dissapointed. Beautiful.

Guest Yilmaz

oi why do d rocks disintegrate when dey enter the atmosphere?

Think it's to do with the thickness of the air and the speed at which the rocks are travelling. Burns them up or something in some chemical reaction.... I may be talking sh*t though.

na ur right pretty much

lol, thanks for clearing that up

quite a few people actually saw them from looking at my facebook, quite suprised.

i would of made more effort to try see them, but i thought there would be close to no chance in the city. also cos i was out with ppl didnt wanna be antisocial and just stare at the sky for ages or suggest we look for a meteor shower...lol i think i would get some serious plainface.

Guest Yilmaz

quite a few people actually saw them from looking at my facebook, quite suprised.

i would of made more effort to try see them, but i thought there would be close to no chance in the city. also cos i was out with ppl didnt wanna be antisocial and just stare at the sky for ages or suggest we look for a meteor shower...lol i think i would get some serious plainface.

I live in the city and I saw one

Sirius (A & B ) is the closest to us isnt it? that and orions belt are the ones ive seen with the naked eye.

No The Sun is the closest to us B) . Then yea Alpha Centauri A and B or something like you said. Sirius is the brightest in the night sky and reffered to as the North Star.

Sirius (A & B ) is the closest to us isnt it? that and orions belt are the ones ive seen with the naked eye.

No The Sun is the closest to us B) . Then yea Alpha Centauri A and B or something like you said. Sirius is the brightest in the night sky and reffered to as the North Star.

thats the one, Alpha Centauri! got the 2 mixed up lol.

my astronomy knowledge is quite basic, but all that stuff really fascinates me. would love to have a telescope and look into space but i suppose the novelty would soon wear off once id seen all the main stars/planets. also those things cost quit a bit!

Guest Yilmaz

thats the one, Alpha Centauri! got the 2 mixed up lol.

my astronomy knowledge is quite basic, but all that stuff really fascinates me. would love to have a telescope and look into space but i suppose the novelty would soon wear off once id seen all the main stars/planets. also those things cost quit a bit!

2282121018948176_l.png

• Downvote 3