X Factor 2010

Jodie

Will.i.Am doesnt particularly have to market her for America anyway, there is the whole of Europe... Besides as long as Cher's rapping is tone down to Fergie's rapping levels nobody will care.

Lol remember Cher is 17, once the cameras go away she will have a chance to grow up at a better pace. X Factor impacts on your life very quickly and at a huge intensity, only certain people can handle that speed at that time, hence why sometimes I say its better to not win...

Lol at signing to Jay-Z or Styrder...

Cher should sign to Fascination/will.i.am music group

Or Cheryl should get her own label and do it with will.i.am music group

if cheryl is smart she will do this.

British artists dont get their own labels tho do they.

Course they do, Aggro is signed to Future which is Gary Barlow's label under Universal.

Simon Cowell has signed all of the 'X Factor' finalists to his record label.

The 51-year-old music mogul made the unprecedented move of snapping up all four acts - Rebecca Ferguson, One Direction and Cher Lloyd, as well as winner Matt Cardle - and rewarding the contestants with lucrative deals at Syco.

However, Simon has come up against will.i.am - who was keen to sign 17-year-old Cher himself after performing alongside her in the final - and has been forced to relinquish the role of creative director of her album to the Black Eyed Peas star.

According to an 'X Factor' insider, the decision to sign up all of the finalists came about because Simon has never been so impressed in the calibre of the show's contestants.

The source told the Daily Star newspaper: "Simon's always said he wants feisty characters who know what type of artist they are. And he certainly has that in Cher, Rebecca and One Direction."

After saying she hopes to become the "biggest thing to ever come out of 'The X Factor', Cher reportedly refused to sign the deal unless will.i.am was guaranteed a role in her development as an artist.

Since seeing the controversial teen rapper perform at the judges' houses stage of the competition, will said: "I wanted to sign her as I left the house. My fear is that if she doesn't hook up with the right creative people she's going to end up being too bubblegum.

"I'd make edgy hip-hop with a bit of pop and electro thrown in. It would have to have lots of attitude but be melodic at the same time. She's like a ball of energy and I don't think she knows what to do with that energy."]

simon-cowell-761523240.jpg

BAWSE

• Upvote 1

Will.i.Am doesnt particularly have to market her for America anyway, there is the whole of Europe... Besides as long as Cher's rapping is tone down to Fergie's rapping levels nobody will care.

Lol remember Cher is 17, once the cameras go away she will have a chance to grow up at a better pace. X Factor impacts on your life very quickly and at a huge intensity, only certain people can handle that speed at that time, hence why sometimes I say its better to not win...

I'm an advocate for promoting her in Europe as I don't think enough UK artists do this. I think I've said that before.

You think William will go that route?

Yes. During the Juelz tour I heard Ironik in EVERY European country and they all told me he hadnt come there and I doubt his UK label even told him to go out there and get money.

Hence why I always say N-Dubz should be going to Europe way before America.

The only good thing about going America for Uk acts is when you fail, which you will, especially if your music contains "rapping", is you can bounce round the rest of the World cos thats the power of the US.

For example, if it all ended today for Jay Sean he can go to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Asia, Africa, and Europe off "Down" and be nice for the next 3 years at least.

Same way we get subjected to Jason Derulo here when he aint doing much if anything in America.

All that said the UK is definitely the worst market for hip hop, yet probably has the biggest interest in American hip hop.

Guest Esquilax

on tht same subject I didnt know europe looks to uk as much as it does.

someone tellin me bare european radio stations playin tinie. some even playin giggs etc

That's why when you go to Euro nations, a lot of people speak English, cuz a lot of their media is in English

And obv it's better, all they have is dodgy folk and eurodance

Since seeing the controversial teen rapper perform at the judges' houses stage of the competition, will said: "I wanted to sign her as I left the house.

:lol: This is bullshit. At the time he was looking @ Cheryl like "You brought me out here...for this...seriously?"