New Years Football

Captain Planet

On a positive note, even though Man City posed no real threat offensively, how f*ck*ng solid was Djourou tonight?
Come on bro, lets be real....Swear certain times I saw City with the ball in your half and their midfielders were actually tracking back.Even Koscielny got through 90mins without having some sort of mare.
This. Was Koscielny's best competitve 90 minutes.
Koscielny was getting drawn out of position everytime Tevez got hold of the ball. His best match was the 1-1 against Sunderland. Under the kosh for most of the game, was sublime that match.
Void when him & Clichy f*cked up for their goal.

Drug smugglers tried to hide cannabis worth almost £3,000 in a painting of footballer Emmanuel Adebayor.The wooden framed picture from Togo was seized as it passed through a postal sorting office in Coventry.The painting of Manchester City's former Arsenal star was addressed to a property in Tottenham.The UK Border Agency revealed details of the find and others to highlight the ploys of drug traffickers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12120848 :D

Guest Rorschach

Nothing to do with rating him really, its the ridiculous circus that surrounds him, and he and his wifes painful 'look at me' antics that people don't like.*I havent listned to the vid**listned to half of it, and the guys right, not sure what your on about MK

Guest Rorschach

I would argue at points the model professional bit in his early years, but that wasn't the point I was making, I don't think anyone denies his contribution to the game in his younger years, or indeed his talent in those years and what he did at Madrid and United.But nowadays, he seems to be constantly mentioned, constantly brought up, constantly in the spotlight, simply because he is David Beckham, all those attributes you listed, Giggs & Scholes have them too, however they aren't under the cameras every 5 minutes with a new hairstyle and their family smiling for the media.He (or his wife) is far too fame hungry, and is too happy to be a PERSONALITY, and not just a professional footballer.The man is very right in what he says, how many games in the MLS have most of the public seen him play? They want David Beckham the man, not David Beckham the footballer :/take what you said for examplethe man said how Beckham had been sh*t in MLS and wasnt interested, and you go on talking about him being an ambassador etc

This isn't the 1960's, there's nothing wrong with trying to build your profile as a brand in modern football. Trying to remain part of the England team & playing at the highest level has nothing to do with being fame hungry, if anything he was more fame hungry whilst at United/Madrid./I had nothing to say about the MLS thing, even I plainfaced the move initially, I just don't like the way that guy was trying to detract from his ability & achievements.

Guest Rorschach

Talksport presenters making idiots out of themselves again, twatsThey tried to argue that David Beckham, had transformed the team and made it better, and not the new coach :D then when they had run out of illogical arguments to make, retreated to the old 'americans dont know football' schtickwankers

• Upvote 1