What Age Did You Know What Job/Career You Wanted To Persue In Life?

Mame Biram Diouf

well done Joel

thats a good look

how much previous experience have u had?

That's the thing, I didn't have amazing previous work experience (that I could actually put on a CV) but from what I did have I wrote my CV in such a way that made each bit of experience link exactly to what the job requirements where and then with my education not being the best up until college and uni I used specific topics and modules with my results and work examples to show that I am qualified.

Plus with the company being a culture, arts and event production and management business then showing passion for the aims that they have in my own experience and through the interview pretty much sealed the deal.

/

For this I also sent in a job competencies matrix which is basically I picked out the main/most important competencies required for the role and put them in to a table then in the following two sections next to it I wrote an example/paragraph of a situation in which I had gained/used/experienced this competency and then in the section next to that I wrote the overall outcome of gaining the competency and what I got out of the situation.

The CEO told me that he reads hundreds of applications and he had never been sent a job competency matrix before and that it automatically made me stand out compared to the rest of the applicants so heads up for anyone applying to something where they feel their CV isn't the strongest; do a competency matrix and it will most definitely help

@ Yuri, as I've said I've still not took the job yet because I've not fully got the specifics on how financially viable it will be for me so I've got no nerves about it right now but I'm sure once I've sorted the contact out I will be a little nervous/excited but I just take things like this in me stride, getting away will do me some good tbh so I'll embrace it rather than worry

• Upvote 6

You got a link to something like that Joel? Never actually heard of one before.

I learned about it through uni cause we had modules on employability and sh*t like that but I'll check my external hard drive with all me uni stuff on it when I get home later and if the documents are on there I'll upload them in here

• Upvote 1

That said though I've got an interview this week to go work for Pan Events (International) out in Australia doing PR and communications so that might do me nicely for the mo if I get it.

Had the interview early morning today via skype web chat (cause of the time difference) got offered the job there and then, if I accept it then I start on the 4th of July in Melbourne

Not gonna lie, it still hasn't sunk in. Waiting on the contract to be sent over so I can make sure everythings to what was agreed upon/check the salary is right and I'm sorted

Props

What would your day to day work consist of do you know?

see if only the blacks can link up like this then some of us wouldnt have to resort to crimes.

but dont you link up doing crimes and even then you still wanna kill each other?

so i think its the person not the race.

/

well done joel, as much as i find Australians irritating! good on ya mate, if they help with the move financially, its definitely worth making the journey as a good life experience.

ill put up a competencies table in the jobs thread for anyone interested, competencies are key to most job applications even if they dont actually put it as a requirement in your application.

• Upvote 1

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

well done lad

c dave sitting on ur arse eating chinese complaining about sh*t wont get u anywhere

erm yea

ive been here since the week before xmas break

my trial period has completed n the dood offered me a job

didnt even wanna say anything incase i jynx it cos he told me itd be weeks of volunteering

• Upvote 1

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

some place called Multi Cultural Arts Centre in Rochdale they setup events n edit videos n gt studios and sh*t

all im doin right now is just typing stuff though, had to fill out one excel thing dnt finish for another 40 mins

• Upvote 1

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

lol

got an interview next Thrusday with Rochdale COucil aswell, props to Shaw Trust on that one, dnt think ill do that though its office junior or sutin