I CAME FROM NOTHING - Spring/Summer 2011

icamefromnothing

how do you print your photo tees?

Half toned.

The images are made into tiny little dots or lines to make up the full image, think of it like a Roy Lichtenstein poster but just with a photo.

These tees are CMYK printed full colour, not using Half tones etc.

I'm sure it's still half toned with it being CMYK, it's effectively the same process that's been used to print colour newspapers for decades.

Layers of tiny coloured dots n top of each other to create a block of colour.

Half toned.

The images are made into tiny little dots or lines to make up the full image, think of it like a Roy Lichtenstein poster but just with a photo.

I'm sure it's still half toned with it being CMYK, it's effectively the same process that's been used to print colour newspapers for decades.

No idea - the images on screen are 100% not halftones, the printer RIP prints just like any Digital printer as if it were a print on paper ( but just prints on cotton tees instead ), so it might Halftone them - I have no idea. But nothing is setup for halftones etc

Once the design is printed, there are no dot patterns etc as per the Halftone effect - the images are crisp & have 100s of shades & colours - nothing trying to create a dot effect to make it appear as if its a limited colour over the top of another colour to create shading etc - as per halftone effect.

Half toned.

No idea - the images on screen are 100% not halftones, the printer RIP prints just like any Digital printer as if it were a print on paper ( but just prints on cotton tees instead ), so it might Halftone them - I have no idea. But nothing is setup for halftones etc

Once the design is printed, there are no dot patterns etc as per the Halftone effect - the images are crisp & have 100s of shades & colours - nothing trying to create a dot effect to make it appear as if its a limited colour over the top of another colour to create shading etc - as per halftone effect.

Are your tees printed digitally or screen printed?

Bought that Monroe jumper and the sleeves are too f*ck*ng short

Also on the site it never said 'Zest Clothing UK' on the jumper but it does on mine, did I get bumped?

pmsl

you got bumped

same thing happened to me

i got a refund

i had a mini rant about it in one of these threads

Half toned.

Are your tees printed digitally or screen printed?

i know the ones that are more flat colour are screen printed, was just wondering about the actual photo tees. does it require special inks if it is printing straight onto cotton?

Inks are the same, you can use either water based or plastisol, you can screen print photos you just have to split the image into 4 layers.

it's a clever process i'm working on a site for a screen printing workshop at the minute, there will be a resource page on there to explain it better than I can put into words.

Bought that Monroe jumper and the sleeves are too f*ck*ng short

Also on the site it never said 'Zest Clothing UK' on the jumper but it does on mine, did I get bumped?

pmsl

you got bumped

same thing happened to me

i got a refund

i had a mini rant about it in one of these threads

Pissed. Might have to reduce to house clothes now

Guest haze-e

Tee's arrived yesterday. Good quality and speedy delivery as usual. (y)

Just waiting on one more which I ordered about 4 hours after the initial batch.