The Summer Transfer Thread

Guest Portuguese

Replacing your unsettled current skipper with two better footballers(one of them being the best striker in the world)I hope City do this!

• Downvote 3

Guest Portuguese
Cannavaro's announced his retirement staying at Al Ahli in a technical adviser role
Legend One of the truly great defenders(Ballon/World player of the year) Should of retired after 06-07 season

Cannavaro's announced his retirement staying at Al Ahli in a technical adviser role
This guy in the year Italy won the WC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Swear he was the only player on Pro Evolution who could handle Adriano when Konami made him near unstoppable for those couple of years.

Guest Portuguese

f*ck Sneijder there is much better central midfielders out theref*ck Sneijder being Scholes replacementIt will be like Barca replacing Xavi with Lampard

• Upvote 2

Guest Portuguese
This guy in the year Italy won the WC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Swear he was the only player on Pro Evolution who could handle Adriano when Konami made him near unstoppable for those couple of years.
I thought he was average compared to MatrixBut C/S about the pro thing I thought I was the only who clocked that Cannavaro had to be in your defence to stop Adriano running riot

Why would they buy Sneijder to play as a CM? Why would they even go for Sneijder, doesn't really seem to make sense, IMO. I hope he goes to Malaga, might break up the Barca/Real La Liga monopoly.

An inter rep said on Sky Italia that Man United offered Nani plus cash for Snjeider
lol sh*t dealdunno why nani is so undervalued by ushited
Wouldn't surprise me tbh, i dont think anyone really thinks Nani is here for the long term, as he'll probably have some sort of desire to play in Spain at some point, might just be a case of pre-empting that, It would be a be shame to sell him now though, however i doubt this kinda move would've been on the table as we have money to spend and not even the FFP rules would push us into it.
Why would they buy Sneijder to play as a CM? Why would they even go for Sneijder, doesn't really seem to make sense, IMO. I hope he goes to Malaga, might break up the Barca/Real La Liga monopoly.
who said he's gonna play CM and believe me, yes it does makes sense,

An inter rep said on Sky Italia that Man United offered Nani plus cash for Snjeider
Wouldn't surprise me tbh, i dont think anyone really thinks Nani is here for the long term, as he'll probably have some sort of desire to play in Spain at some point, might just be a case of pre-empting that, It would be a be shame to sell him now though, however i doubt this kinda move would've been on the table as we have money to spend and not even the FFP rules would push us into it.
who said he's gonna play CM
Where else he gonna play? that's his position

Guest Portuguese

Neymar 5m euros a year that's too much :D In other news We are ready for the new Financial Fair Play rules.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/06/real-madrid-and-financial-fair-play.html

think he'll mostly probably play a little more advanced than CM tbh I.e behind the front man,dont think we'll play 4-4-2 in as many big games as we did last season,

think he'll mostly probably play a little more advanced than CM tbh I.e behind the front man,
That's Rooney's position

Guest Portuguese
think he'll mostly probably play a little more advanced than CM tbh I.e behind the front man,
That's Rooney's position
Exactly why I said f*ck getting Sneijder unless you are going to give him the number 10 positionSneijder hasn't played in a two since 07-08His start to that season with Real got him gassed so I would hate to think what them five goals in South Africa done to himI miss the Sneijder who got four assists against Scotland in the Euro 2004 play off second leg.

That's Rooney's position
wouldn't be a bad thing to have two quality players who are able to play in that position, think the casualty could be Hernandez, because although he had a great season, due to his style of play and the way we play, in the big games if he isn't scoring he doesn't get to do much else, case in point The Arsenal away and Barca final.,Rooney feeding off Sneijder with two wide men would be interesting to see, especially if Rooney has a season like he did last time he was deployed further forward

Guest Portuguese

Feeding off Sneijder? LOL he rivals Lampard/Cristiano Ronaldo when it comes to taking the most shots per gameYou think Rooney was pissed with Ronaldo? Rooney as a number 10>>>>Rooney as a number 9<<<<<It will be like the transfer of Veron in terms of trying to fit him into your team.

• Upvote 1

tbh Rooney being deployed as a number 9 worked pretty well season before last, untill he got injured, and people are going on like squad/rteam rotatation isn't allowed, styles make fights, personel, tactics and formations will differ depending on the team we're playing, having Sneijder added to our squad can not be a bad thing, unless he brings a strain of Sars or Anthrax with him.