The Summer Transfer Thread

would do well for arsenal still

Arsenal bid £18m for Downing - SSN
What's your assessment of him?Is there any reason for me to not cut my wrists?Cesc and Nasri out, Downing in - we are winning the league!
Neat and tidy is probably the best way to describe him. Soft as shite too, so probably suits Arsenal.Never a £20m player.

Don't understand why this signing is any worse than when United signed Antonio Valencia for £16m TBH.I don't know, maybe someone can feel free to correct me.#kanyeshrug2 direct wingers in Gervinho & Downing can be a good thing & remember, Wenger said he's tweaking the team more built for the league.

^^^i get your point but its jus "downing" he is wack at times and arsenal hardly play that"lets cross the ball in"type of football...but nzogbia would fit arsenals play more than downing....im jus shocked that arsene hasnt gone down that route...

^^^i get your point but its jus "downing" he is wack at times and arsenal hardly play that"lets cross the ball in"type of football...but nzogbia would fit arsenals play more than downing....im jus shocked that arsene hasnt gone down that route...
Yeah, I've come to realise that with a lot of transfers that seem like 'sense' on the surface, may come with factors that we don't consider as being influential i.e. the player's personality, the club's relationship with the seller/agent, etc.Bare politics in football that stop sh*t happening.

but as ppl say arsenal are a few"top players" away from being "that" team...i just dont think downing or gervinho is the right step...does dis mean arshavin is leavin or maybe has nasri told arsene he wants to go....
That's what I mean though, it's a flawed saying because what most people are in fact saying is, ''Arsenal are a few 'stars' away from being 'that' team...I just think that Arsenal should focus on getting the 'right' players as opposed to 'top' players if that make sense.

Yeah, I've come to realise that with a lot of transfers that seem like 'sense' on the surface, may come with factors that we don't consider as being influential i.e. the player's personality, the club's relationship with the seller/agent, etc.Bare politics in football that stop sh*t happening.
Well if you read what a lot of people say about N'Zogbia, outside of his footballing talent, that he is supposedly to big for his boots etc, it may not really be big surprise that Wenger hasn't gone for him.

Well if you read what a lot of people say about N'Zogbia, outside of his footballing talent, that he is supposedly to big for his boots etc, it's may not really be big surprise that Wenger hasn't gone for him.
Exactly, and we're all familiar on how particular Wenger is about having the team be all bum-chums & having no-one disrupt the chemistry, etc.

Well if you read what a lot of people say about N'Zogbia, outside of his footballing talent, that he is supposedly to big for his boots etc, it's may not really be big surprise that Wenger hasn't gone for him.
yeah its true but maybe a move to a big club like arsenal will make him focus more...he is more of the arsenal type of player tho...

Guest Klitschko

N'Zogbia has been known to have a poor attitude, the reverse is true for Downing, and Downing is English, and the home-grown limitations are coming in.But Arsenal bidding for downing (especially if the amount is in excess of 15m) would be useless unless Chamkah is to be the striker week-in, week-out.Very good crosser, faster than you'd think, good workrate, cowardly in every challenge though.IF Arsene could reign N'Zogbia in (he was brilliant last season so perhaps he has matured) he will be a very good singing. The worry of course is that you have another skilled player with bad attitude and workrate.Downing would be a good buy for Liverpool. He & Carollol would bring the best out of eachother.

Valid point about Chamahk.Makes you consider though, do you think Wenger would be more prepared to go 4-4-2 for certain games?I mean, history tells us he's quite rigid with formations, never switches it up unless he's looking for an equaliser in game but the aquisition of 2 direct wingers indicates that may be about to change.

hmmm i guess arsene is taking alex F route....prem proven players ...OptaJoe Opta Sports 135 - Stewart Downing has completed more crosses in open play than any other player in the Premier League over the last three seasons. Whip.21 hours ago