The Summer Transfer Thread

Andrea Pirlo will leave new Serie A champions AC Milan when his contract expires at the end of the season, the Italy midfielder has confirmed."It's a mutual decision, I've had 10 unforgettable years here," he told reporters.The playmaker has been heavily linked in Italian media reports with a move to fallen giants Juventus. He nearly joined Chelsea two years ago.Pirlo has suffered a string of injuries and was not a regular under Massimiliano Allegri this season having lost his much of his former sparkle.Milan, who won their first scudetto since 2004 this month and face Udinese in their final game of the campaign on Sunday, said in statements that striker Filippo Inzaghi and defender Alessandro Nesta had signed new one-year deals.Inzaghi, 37, missed most of the season due to a knee ligament injury.The club earlier announced that midfielder Mark van Bommel and reserve goalkeeper Flavio Roma had penned new contracts until June 2012 while Brazil defender Thiago Silva is now tied to the club until 2016.The Rossoneri are yet to announce the futures of veteran midfielders Clarence Seedorf and Massimo Ambrosini as they consider rejuvenating their squad for a major assault on the Champions League next season.Dutchman Seedorf is wanted by clubs in Brazil.Milan are in the process of signing AS Roma centre half Philippe Mexes and Marseille left back Taye Taiwo on free transfers.

Guest Portuguese

*Málaga basically being linked with everyone under the sun. A few of the latest names: Pablo Piatti (Almería), Nelson Valdez (Hércules), Ezequiel Garay (Real Madrid), Diego Perotti (Sevilla), Sebastian Giovinco (Parma), César Delgado (Olympique Lyon), Coutinho (Inter), Gokhan Inler (Udinese), Jefferson Farfán (Schalke 04), Adel Taarabt (QPR), Ángel Lafita (Zaragoza), Ruud van Nistelrooy (HSV), Maxi Rodríguez (Liverpool), Emmanuel Adebayor, Miguel de las Cuevas (Sporting), José Ángel (Sporting) and Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid).  *Lyon trying to snap up one of the best young players in la liga - Antoine Griezmann. Apparently the french giants are willing to pay €7m; I hope if they do sell, la Real would hold out for more money than that. He really is a superb player, I hope he stays. . *Barcelona being heavily linked with Pastore today. I don't believe they have entirely given up on Cesc. But I still find it surprising they would sign Pastore with Thiago waiting to break through as he really does look to be the real thing. Apparently Messi wants him so Rosell will probably sign him. He won't come cheap but Barcelona are accustomed to just throwing money at their problems.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

*Málaga basically being linked with everyone under the sun. A few of the latest names: Pablo Piatti (Almería), Nelson Valdez (Hércules), Ezequiel Garay (Real Madrid), Diego Perotti (Sevilla), Sebastian Giovinco (Parma), César Delgado (Olympique Lyon), Coutinho (Inter), Gokhan Inler (Udinese), Jefferson Farfán (Schalke 04), Adel Taarabt (QPR), Ángel Lafita (Zaragoza), Ruud van Nistelrooy (HSV), Maxi Rodríguez (Liverpool), Emmanuel Adebayor, Miguel de las Cuevas (Sporting), José Ángel (Sporting) and Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid).  *Lyon trying to snap up one of the best young players in la liga - Antoine Griezmann. Apparently the french giants are willing to pay €7m; I hope if they do sell, la Real would hold out for more money than that. He really is a superb player, I hope he stays. . *Barcelona being heavily linked with Pastore today. I don't believe they have entirely given up on Cesc. But I still find it surprising they would sign Pastore with Thiago waiting to break through as he really does look to be the real thing. Apparently Messi wants him so Rosell will probably sign him. He won't come cheap but Barcelona are accustomed to just throwing money at their problems.
lolwho r u working for brah?

lolwhere u copy n pasting from brah?

CARLOS TEVEZ has told Manchester City: I quit.The Eastlands skipper insists he will leave in the summer, sparking a worldwide transfer scramble.The bombshell comes just days after City boss Roberto Mancini claimed the star was staying.Tevez, speaking to Argentine station Radio del Plata, said: "I want to leave Manchester City."Football has changed a lot for me and I don't know if I will even make it to the next World Cup."And that has nothing to do with whether I'm selected or not."I've been treated very well here and I'm grateful."I also gave my everything for the club to receive the results it has had. But I need a change of scene."Mancini had hoped striker Tevez would stay and help lead his Champions League charge next season in the wake of Tuesday's two-goal supershow against Stoke.But City have been unsure about the goal ace's intentions, knowing Tevez is keen to be closer to his estranged wife and kids.Now their fears have come home to roost, with Italy or Spain his preferred destination.A potential stumbling block is the 27-year-old's whopping weekly wage of over £200,000, meaning a dream return to Argentina is highly unlikely.Tevez added: "To go back to Boca Juniors would be beautiful but it is very difficult."I spoke to their midfielder Roman Riquelme and, messing around, we agreed I would go back one day. But if we're speaking seriously, financial issues would make my return difficult."After lifting the FA Cup at Wembley following last Saturday's 1-0 victory over Stoke, Tevez said the chance to overhaul former club Manchester United could yet persuade him to stay at City.Yet he also admitted that he would need to chat over the future with his family first, which has now helped him to make up his mind to head for the exit.Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3590881/Carlos-Tevez-I-DO-want-to-quit-Man-City.html#ixzz1MqlORilp

LOL @ having Taiwo at our club. Would have Clichy over him easily.
as dumb as it looks, man knows. if we complain about Clichy's defensive abilities then we want Taiwo, then lol. them steps ahead there.
Trust, you can tell who's actually watched Marseille & Taiwo play regularly.
  • Upvote 1

Brazilian midfielder Denilson has stunned Arsenal by announcing that he wishes to leave the club.The 23-year-old has been on the Gunners' books since 2006 and has made over 150 appearances for the club.He has, however, grown disillusioned with life at the Emirates and believes the time has come to move on.The Samba star claims a lack of silverware is to blame for his transfer request, with Arsenal having gone six years since they last picked up a trophy."I am a winner and I came here to win trophies but I've been here for five years and won nothing. A footballer's career is over very quickly so it is time for me to move on."Denilson Quotes of the weekDenilson feels he needs to make a fresh start if he is to make the most of his career and sees himself playing in the Primera Liga or Serie A in the near future."This has been the worst season of my life and I am so upset, so frustrated," he told The Sun."I am a winner and I came here to win trophies but I've been here for five years and won nothing."A footballer's career is over very quickly so it is time for me to move on.Crazy"This is not a sudden decision. I made up my mind eight months ago."I was fed up of coming home and feeling down."But I haven't said anything until now because I did not want to disrupt the team during the season. And I haven't caused a big scene.SKY SPORTS ON SKYThere's more live football on Sky Sports than ever before, including the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Clydesdale Bank Premier League, England away Euro 2012 qualifiers and La Liga. With four live Sky Sports channels, as well as Sky Sports News, you'll never miss a moment on Sky. Click here for more."I've simply been to see Arsene Wenger and told him how I felt and he's agreed to let me go."I know some people will think I am crazy. They are right. It is a great club with a great organisation, a great manager and so many talented players."Yes, I make a good living at Arsenal but other things in life are important."I need a fresh challenge and although I know I'm taking a big gamble I am ready to take that risk."Denilson added: "I can't see myself returning in a Chelsea shirt or Liverpool or Manchester City, and definitely not Tottenham. I think my future will be in Spain or Italy."

Guest haze-e

Lol.Denilson... Smh. OptaJoe Opta Sports52% - Arsenal's win percentage with Denilson in the starting line up over the last 3 seasons is lower than in his absence (58%). Bovvered?