The Summer Transfer Thread

Jay Bothroyd is available on a Free Transfer this summer..Got the ability to play in the prem no doubt, but his attitude lol tbh he only really found consistency under Jones at CardiffCould be a good free but i cud als oflop, its a gamble.. Newcastle should take him, they will like his style but maybe not his work rate..

MADRID — Argentine star Sergio 'Kun' Aguero has announced he wants to leave Atletico Madrid, and some of Europe's top clubs are reportedly lining up to snatch him."I said long ago that when I wanted to go, I would say so publicly. And the time has come. So I have kept my word and here I am," the 22-year-old striker said in a statement posted on his website late Monday."I find it hard to leave Atletico. It hurts me and saddens me. But I don't find it hard to explain why I am doing it."I've thought about it for a long time and I'm convinced that I must be true to myself. I think that I should not rule out the possibility to keep learning, to keep growing."Aguero, who is married to Diego Maradona's daughter, moved to Spain from Independiente of Argentina in 2006.His decision to leave Atletico, which finished seventh in the Spanish league last season, has reportedly left a number of top European clubs eagerly eyeing the striker.The president of Italian club Juventus, Andrea Agnelli, and its sporting director Guiseppe Marotta were in talks with Aguero's agent on Tuesday, according to Italian news agency Ansa.Spanish sports daily Marca said the player's agents also plans to meet with Real Madrid officials this week. Another sports paper, AS, said Real would have to fork out 75 million euros for the player.Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester City are also reportedly interested.In January, Aguero signed a contract extension that committed him to Atletico until 2014, with a buyout clause of 45 million euros.The player stressed that his decision "is not an economic issue but strictly a sporting one. So I want to clearly express my appreciation to the club for the efforts it has made to give me a salary that equates with those of the largest clubs in the world.""I want to say also that this decision has been maturing for some time. The issue was discussed and agreed with Atletico last year on the occasion of the renewal of my contract."

Guest Portuguese

Porto president Pinta Da Costa has confirmed that their coach Andre Villas-Boas has a release clause of just €15million.Da Costa was asked about his highly-rated coach, who has guided the club to a treble this season after doing the domestic double, whilst also scooping the Europa League.Villas-Boas is constantly being linked with jobs across Europe, most recently Chelsea and Manchester City, and reports had claimed a release clause was present.Da Costa has now admitted that such a clause does exist, telling RTP: "I do not expect the exit of Villas-Boas, there is a clause price of €15million - but I am totally convinced that even if any club came in with the offer, he would reject the proposition."Villas-Boas is very committed to Porto and more so after this big season."Two days ago he also told me that if no players leave, then he will not even need any new players."Player dealsOn the player front Porto recently secured leading forward Hulk on a new long-term deal, which also saw his release clause rise to €100million.Next on Da Costa's agenda is leading scorer Radamel Falcao - whose current deal has a release clause of €30million."This is beig looked at," he said in reference to Falcao."He has already showed a willingness to renew, but he has a two-year contract so I am not worried."

Guest Portuguese
:D:D:D:D:D:D Chelsea hurry up and take Mourinho back.Villarreal are on the verge of landing playmaker Sergio Canales from Real Madrid, according to reports in Spain.Marca claims the 20-year-old is close to signing with the Yellow Submarine, who are willing to pay around €10 million (£8.7m) for the transfer.Canales signed with Real Madrid at the tender age of 18 after developing through Racing Santander's youth ranks.The Spaniard is reportedly not part of Jose Mourinho's plans at the Bernabeu next season and will look to gain more playing time at El Madrigal.

Guest FA23
Joey Barton set for Newcastle United departureBarton has one year to run on his present deal but Newcastle have revealed they will not offer a new dealNewcastle United midfielder Joey Barton is set to leave the club after contract negotiations broke down between the two parties, BBC Newcastle understands.The 28-year-old, who has a year to run on his present contract, was unable to agree terms on a new deal.Magpies boss Alan Pardew has been quoted as wanting to retain Barton, who joined Newcastle from Manchester City in July 2007 for £5.8m.Huyton-born Barton has scored eight goals in 82 appearances at Newcastle.
could be an interesting signing for some one.... would be a better acquisition than parker imo

The £50m arrival of Fernando Torres in January has unsettled Drogba, and the Turkish club are hopeful Chelsea will allow them to enter talks with the striker.Drogba, 33, is seen as the man best-suited to play alongside Bolton striker Johan Elmander, who will join Galatasaray on a free transfer. Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1NHidRwxE
PMSL

Chelsea want Pellegrini :angry:El Loco aka Biesla(Chile's coach@SA 2010) to become Sevilla's new coach .
See, I want Pelligrini to get another big job, but f*ck*ng Chelsea? SMHTBH, I hope stays in Malaga anyway, I think they can push for a European place next season.