UEFA EURO U21's 2011

mp*

:D/I give up debating with Im Broke on this one. The Giggs quote said once a week and he somehow came up with twice a week...
Once a week for two years.Its still fair to say that Man City contributed to Giggs development before United snapped him up, no different from Sterling then, the only difference is that if Giggs was born in the same era Man City would have took him on to their academy, and United would have to had paid a substantial fee for him as well.
Giggs moved to Manchester at 11. I dont know if he was at City for two years, that bit is sketchy, but the general thing is Giggs really played for Salford Boys and his sunday team Deans FC was coached by a scout for Manchester City, the feeling Giggs lets off is that him and City was never serious and like I said the eras are so different its foolish to compare, yet you continue to try.Fortunately for you Darkman is trying to mug himself more than you.
Do you really think Wilshere's a top player cos of our academy?Go to every school and you'll find kids who are much better than others. Why is that?
  • Downvote 1

Nature vs nurtureNeither is any use without the other
In a nutshell.When you watch players like Zidane or Dinho who make the game look like an artform it's obvious that only so much can be coached.I understand what Darkman is saying , he's just sticking to his 2 line limit so you man jumped on him lol

Obviously there is natural talent, but you have to nurture the talent.Basically again your echoing this previous sentiment you've had with me that coaching means nothing. Is Stuart Pearce your dad?
It's more to do with the player. If not, why haven't we produced more Coles/ Wilshere's?You still think a better goalkeeping coach would have made Almunia a world beater? You plank
  • Downvote 3

More nurture than nature.And nurture goes beyond mere coaching.Natural talent is a myth.People see sportsmen like Messi, Ronaldinho, Tiger Woods, etc & think 'natural talent' but no-one sees the ridiculous age they start kicking a ball at or picking up a golf club, practice, the QUALITY of practice, the upbringing & how that develops their mentality & all sorts of factors on top of that.Of course there are sportsmen that carry different genes & whatnot, and physically speaking might put some at an advantage, but having a smaller centre of gravity than a player or being faster/stronger than another doesn't equate to 'talent'.

• Downvote 1

More nurture than nature.And nurture goes beyond mere coaching.Natural talent is a myth.People see sportsmen like Messi, Ronaldinho, Tiger Woods, etc & think 'natural talent' but no-one sees the ridiculous age they start kicking a ball at or picking up a golf club, practice, the QUALITY of practice, the upbringing & how that develops their mentality & all sorts of factors on top of that.Of course there are sportsmen that carry different genes & whatnot, and physically speaking might put some at an advantage, but having a smaller centre of gravity than a player or being faster/stronger than another doesn't equate to 'talent'.
It's true to an extent they say 10,000 hours is the magic number to perfecting your technique (I read an article a while back that applied this theory to some of the most influential musicians, athletes, artists etc and it was scary how it applied right across the board) but at the same time there are guys who just have a natural talent for certain things.

Yeah cos I did mention Almunia you prick. I mean I really have been the guy on here over the years thats really backed Almunia, haven't I...
I remember you blaming our goalkeeping coaches for almunia.
You have the memory of a fish. I hate Almunia more than ANY Arsenal player to ever wear the shirt, I'd never defend him, the other two maybe.

Yeah cos I did mention Almunia you prick. I mean I really have been the guy on here over the years thats really backed Almunia, haven't I...
I remember you blaming our goalkeeping coaches for almunia.
You have the memory of a fish. I hate Almunia more than ANY Arsenal player to ever wear the shirt, I'd never defend him, the other two maybe.
thread. You also backed up your argument with Gomez lolol

Where in that thread have I backed Almunia? I swear more than once I said he isn't good enough.Did Tottenham not change their goalkeeper coach and Gomes improve? a year later you could say its was temporary improvement, and this season has shown he isn't good enough.But our keepers have never done even that. They get worse, which makes me look at the coaches...

Gomes did improve drastically. and tbh this season he has won us alot more points than he has cost us, but the ones he did cost us were an absolute joke and cant be defended.