FAO Christians

Mr. Gayle

Please answer these

Why do innocent children have to suffer with terminal diseases such as cancer? What part of ‘God’s plan’ is this exactly?

The bible says that the earth to be 6,000 to 8,000 years old when we know that dinosaur bones are at least 65 million years old?

Why did God turn that woman into salt just for looking the other way ?

Why give us free will only to then say if we dont worship him we will go to hell. What does this type of attitude say about his character? By definition, he would be described as a tyrant.

Honest question do trust ‘God’s plan’ given his track record of many failures?

These are the usual questions people ask. Yet, even if completely explained (from a biblical/Christian perspective) you will most likely still argue human logic (which even though is compatible with God, is most of the time NOT, just as for example, a top inventor or entrepreneur's logic in many cases is beyond the avg person's understanding).

Christians have made mistakes in interpreting the bible no doubt. Such as there is not much evidence that the genealogy quoted in genesis is directly related to the age of the earth. 7 days, may not be 7 literal days, however the order of creation is compatible with the theory of evolution.

you are given free will so that you can choose your way in life..if humans never ate the fruits as warned in genesis it may have been different. is it EVIL for a Mother to warn her teenage son about the dangers of not looking properly and being attentive when crossing the road because of the impending danger. Hell as is described in revelations is described to have been "prepared for the devil and his angels"...its not intended for human beings. But God also says 'Let your yes be yes and your no be no, so why should it be different for him if he warns humans about the impending dangers when he has also promised to help you all along that troubled path? why should he change his word?

having a problem with something you don't understand doesn't mean that thing is fake, irrelevant or non existent. rather than ask people on the forum why dont you ask God?

• Upvote 2

Guest Esquilax

Please answer these

Why do innocent children have to suffer with terminal diseases such as cancer? What part of ‘God’s plan’ is this exactly?

The bible says that the earth to be 6,000 to 8,000 years old when we know that dinosaur bones are at least 65 million years old?

Why did God turn that woman into salt just for looking the other way ?

Why give us free will only to then say if we dont worship him we will go to hell. What does this type of attitude say about his character? By definition, he would be described as a tyrant.

Honest question do trust ‘God’s plan’ given his track record of many failures?

These are the usual questions people ask. Yet, even if completely explained (from a biblical/Christian perspective) you will most likely still argue human logic (which even though is compatible with God, is most of the time NOT, just as for example, a top inventor or entrepreneur's logic in many cases is beyond the avg person's understanding).

Christians have made mistakes in interpreting the bible no doubt. Such as there is not much evidence that the genealogy quoted in genesis is directly related to the age of the earth. 7 days, may not be 7 literal days, however the order of creation is compatible with the theory of evolution.

you are given free will so that you can choose your way in life..if humans never ate the fruits as warned in genesis it may have been different. is it EVIL for a Mother to warn her teenage son about the dangers of not looking properly and being attentive when crossing the road because of the impending danger. Hell as is described in revelations is described to have been "prepared for the devil and his angels"...its not intended for human beings. But God also says 'Let your yes be yes and your no be no, so why should it be different for him if he warns humans about the impending dangers when he has also promised to help you all along that troubled path? why should he change his word?

having a problem with something you don't understand doesn't mean that thing is fake, irrelevant or non existent. rather than ask people on the forum why dont you ask God?

I didn't eat no apple brah, why should I have to pay the price

The idea of it is ludicrous

Guest Esquilax

Generations of peoples yeah, fair dues

Not the entire human race though, for breaking an arbitrary rule at the behest of a talking snake

Like I don't see how any sane person can read that sentence and go yeah that's cool

You're BORN with original sin, before you've had the chance to live your life in any specific way

Being constantly watched over all the time for everything you do, everything you think and say

Rather not

I think you underestimate the effect time can have on beliefs. When people are isolated from other people for thousands and thousands of years you will find them to have different beliefs and traditions to people who once shared the exact same faith as them before their isolation.

Ykno what I think it is?

I think I overestimate the strength of belief.

Marvell mentioned God revealing himself to the Jews and them still worshipping other gods.

Now if God revealed himself to you where is the room for doubt or confusion?

You wouldn't risk his wrath if you saw God with your own eyes would you?

I agree with some of what marvel is sayin but i dont know about the islam smack he's talkin

/ whoever replied to my previous post obviously I know what approved means don't be pedantic go and read you rassclart king James bible zeen even in that you will find about 80 references of Jesus being son of man

sorry

i dont get what you are arguing. are you saying that he was just a man?

Duh!

The Islamic God and the Christian God are not one and the same.

What do you know about Islam to assert this?

They cannot be the same, but are both "Abrahamic" faiths, their traditions are similar.... and when im talking about traditions i mean most notably catholics and Most musilms, as catholics make up at least 60% of Christians worldwide if not more.

What traditions do Catholics and Muslims have in common?

• Downvote 1

Catholic and Islamic prayers have many similarities. For the Muslim, praying to Allah five times a day is altogether an act of obedience, and the prayers are always repetitive. As one former Muslim puts it, "It's hardly intimate communication with Allah;...it's done more to escape the punishment due to those who neglect prayer." Most prayers prayed by Catholics are also rote and repetitive, saying the rosary being the best example. Repeating 16 "Our Father's" and 153 "Hail Mary's" is far from personal communication. Furthermore, when a Catholic goes to confession the priest assigns rosaries as severe punishment, or penance, for one's sins.Prayer beads were a part of Islamic devotion to Allah long before an apparition of the Blessed Lady taught St. Dominic to pray the rosary beads in the thirteenth century. Prayer beads, by the way, are a stock item in ancient and modern paganism. On an ironic note, Catholic Church historians credit the prayers of members of the Confraternity of the Rosary for a major naval victory over the Turks, which "saved Europe from the Mohammedan peril."Catholics and Muslims regard pilgrimages as a means of obtaining favor from God. The hadj, one of the five pillars of Islam, is a required (one-time) journey to Mecca. For Catholics, pilgrimages historically have been acts of religious purification, often induced by the promise of indulgences. Multi-millions of Catholics travel yearly to hundreds of shrines (nearly all dedicated to Mary) located throughout the world. The Crusades were indulgence-stimulated attempts to regain Jerusalem from the infidel Muslims in order to re-establish Catholic pilgrimages. Incidentally, the Church of Rome offered the crusaders full pardon from purgatory should they die trying to liberate the Holy Land. Similarly, Islam offers rewards in and assurance of Paradise to those who die in religious battles (jihad)............to name a few

Guest Klitschko

Lmao, jihad = religious battles? No

Nowhere in the bible are you promised heaven for reclaiming the holy lands. I'm aware you pointed out that it was man who made this declaration, but that is the point.

• Upvote 1

Following on from that a Muslim using prayer beads to perform Dhikr is not Sunna meaning it is not a practice of Prophet Muhammad that he did, taught or practically instituted as a teacher of the shariah and the best exemplar. Infact some islamic scholars frown upon prayer beads as being a man made innovation.

TBH I thought you were gonna draw the similarity between headwear worn by nuns and muslim women.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree with some of what marvel is sayin but i dont know about the islam smack he's talkin

/ whoever replied to my previous post obviously I know what approved means don't be pedantic go and read you rassclart king James bible zeen even in that you will find about 80 references of Jesus being son of man

sorry

i dont get what you are arguing. are you saying that he was just a man?

Duh!

well then how do you interpret the new testament when he was prayed to, worshipped, called God, called Son Of God, when it says he knows all things, that he is sinless, gives eternal life and that he existed before becoming a man.

LOL This still going on

She aint my girl anymore, so minor. Seems pretty dumb cussing someone you don’t know but MEH

Lol @ Justin why so mad, seems like you have the "roid rage" I done it once yers ago lol. Anyway we both know you would be hyping infront of me, so just sekkle aint really that season.

Guest Esquilax

A religious debate has turned into a Footlocker Special between Gayle and Justin

My money's on Gayle, f*ck him up Gayle! Do it for the atheists/ elites

There really is nothing more pathetic than hordes of black people congregating in churches every Sunday to pray to a god they only know "exists" because a white man with a bible showed up in their country of origin with a goal to make them subservient to slavery and oppression.

That's the truth right there Vip2. You may want to hide in your esoteric fantasy world where your soul is going to move onto the Eastern planes and be reunited with all your dead relatives in the glorious presence of the black Jesus himself, but it's just not true.

Your soul is going to the same place as that Moth you squished up in a handful of kitchen roll last night. The same place all you Muslims, Hindus, Jehova's and Jedi's are going. You are bacteria that has evolved into a higher state of living. Do not pray to a false god. Pray to the mathematical laws of the universe that you were not born a woodlouse and have the ability to truly think for yourself.

It's all a bunch of sh*t and you know that's the truth. Grow up and lose the wishful thinking and accept life for what it really is.

2795352615_1f89f47682.jpg

THANKS JESUS!!!!!!

starving-child-sudan.jpg

Jesus...?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Guest RemiBon

i dunno why people think becuase everything thing isnt perfect in the world or becuase innocent people die there isnt a god

are u really that stupid

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest RemiBon

LOL This still going on

She aint my girl anymore, so minor. Seems pretty dumb cussing someone you don’t know but MEH

Lol @ Justin why so mad, seems like you have the "roid rage" I done it once yers ago lol. Anyway we both know you would be hyping infront of me, so just sekkle aint really that season.

lol

dem ones

Guest Esquilax

i dunno why people think becuase everything thing isnt perfect in the world or becuase innocent people die there isnt a god

are u really that stupid

Well if there is a God then he's a straight up prick

• Downvote 1

There really is nothing more pathetic than hordes of black people congregating in churches every Sunday to pray to a god they only know "exists" because a white man with a bible showed up in their country of origin with a goal to make them subservient to slavery and oppression.

That's the truth right there Vip2. You may want to hide in your esoteric fantasy world where your soul is going to move onto the Eastern planes and be reunited with all your dead relatives in the glorious presence of the black Jesus himself, but it's just not true.

Your soul is going to the same place as that Moth you squished up in a handful of kitchen roll last night. The same place all you Muslims, Hindus, Jehova's and Jedi's are going. You are bacteria that has evolved into a higher state of living. Do not pray to a false god. Pray to the mathematical laws of the universe that you were not born a woodlouse and have the ability to truly think for yourself.

It's all a bunch of sh*t and you know that's the truth. Grow up and lose the wishful thinking and accept life for what it really is.

What nonsense! You cannot disprove the existence of God, so why do you come with this bullshit polemic. How can you be so certain that none of it is true? Your atheistic posturing is a kind of faith

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2