FAO Christians

Mr. Gayle

FYI christianity existed in Africa before Europe, in Ethiopia. Ethiopia is mentioned more times in the bible than any other country apart from israel.....and nearly All african cultures believed in gods and ONE main 'god', AND the creation story. so talking about europeans bringing christianity to africa is crass.

There were many different belief systems in Africa before Christianity and Islam became widespread http://www.mythome.org/creatafr.html

Also many groups in Africa were polytheists which doesn't quite fit in with Christianity does it? How does worshipping the sun or moon have anything to do with Christianity?

Christianity was given to Ethiopia from OUTSIDE of Africa which backs up my point, the majority of Sub Saharan Africa have only received Christianity within the last 500 years that's fact not crass.

secondly, Christianity, like islam was politicised by europeans just as arabs did for islam.....so anyone saying "i grew up as a catholic"...is kinda laughable. catholics are far from christians mate...1 billion of yous are as apostate as 1 billion muslims.

There is ultimately 1 definition of the word Christian.

• Upvote 1

Guest TimeBomb

Not gona get involved in the christianity discussion, in fact im kinda glad im not having to defend islam for once, but come in to say allow sending for gayles wife, its not cool.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't believe God and Evolution by Natural Selection are mutually exclusive.

How is this possible?

So God exists but everything in the bible is a myth?

No not at all.

Evolutionary Science assumes that more complex life-forms evolved from less complex forms through a process of natural selection. Many Christians believe God brought about life this way. Most mainstream churches ie. The Catholic Church and The Church of England believe officially that evolution is compatible with Christian belief.

St. Augustine (The man who brought Christianity to Britain), and Thomas Aquinas make the argument that the Bible should not be read as a book of science. What is essential to Christian faith, according to Aquinas is the "fact of creation," not the manner or mode of the formation of the world.

African cultures believed in the spirituality that there was a higher being..and the creation story as that website shows the sun or moon represented a deity...not just the sun itself and the deity created that sun or moon..just like in Genesis. .......................................europeans did NOT spiritualise Africa is what i am saying. even the israelites who God literally appeared too and did so much for them still fell into believing in other gods..and this never changed. ........................................................people were not 'Christian' in the old testament times..or when the first Africans left Africa... .....................................................Christianity itself is 2000 yrs old.. if you look at how it spread and how long it took to happen and the routes of how this happened, it is perfectly logical to have happened around the time it did. There may be one definition of christianity yes.............but what i am saying is that for those who grew up as catholics and then turn around saying they find Christianity hard to believe is silly cos they werent really practising christianity were they???.............................saying hail marys? praying to mary..literally worshipping her...confessing sins to a priest not God......only recently after 2000 years have been allowed to actually OWN AND READ THE BIBLE IN CHURCH............how the hell did you know what u were praying to when it was all about catechisms and mass...with some pontiff claimed to be Gods representative on earth :/ Islam and Catholicism and New judaism are all political lies leaning on spiritual truth.

How is this possible?

No not at all.

Evolutionary Science assumes that more complex life-forms evolved from less complex forms through a process of natural selection. Many Christians believe God brought about life this way. Most mainstream churches ie. The Catholic Church and The Church of England believe officially that evolution is compatible with Christian belief.

St. Augustine (The man who brought Christianity to Britain), and Thomas Aquinas make the argument that the Bible should not be read as a book of science. What is essential to Christian faith, according to Aquinas is the "fact of creation," not the manner or mode of the formation of the world.

I know many Catholics who think evolution is rubbish.

I'm sure you do aswell, how do you sit next to someone in church with a completely different belief to you?

Kinda voids the whole point of religion does it not?

I agree with some of what marvel is sayin but i dont know about the islam smack he's talkin

/ whoever replied to my previous post obviously I know what approved means don't be pedantic go and read you rassclart king James bible zeen even in that you will find about 80 references of Jesus being son of man

How is this possible?

No not at all.

I know many Catholics who think evolution is rubbish.

I'm sure you do aswell, how do you sit next to someone in church with a completely different belief to you?

Kinda voids the whole point of religion does it not?

If you read a couple posts up you will see that I ascribe to theistic evolution.

It's irrelevant as long as you believe in the main tenants of Christianity, and you do as Jesus Christ asks us to do, then belief or non-belief in evolution, is an afterthought, a secondary concern.

Voiding what point? What is the point of religion in your opinion?

The islamic smack im talking about is the fact that Islam is based on the One God theory, just like Christianity, ....they both have similarites...and are even cousins in a sense......but like Christianity islam has just been politicised by Arabs who murdered, plundered and destroyed everything in opposition to gain ultimate control of society...... Non believers of these Faiths then tend to blame the religion, not the people behind it, while both followers of those religions blame each other as enemies, when they did the exact same thing and are still doing it today as we speak.

They cannot be the same, but are both "Abrahamic" faiths, their traditions are similar.... and when im talking about traditions i mean most notably catholics and Most musilms, as catholics make up at least 60% of Christians worldwide if not more.

I agree with some of what marvel is sayin but i dont know about the islam smack he's talkin

/ whoever replied to my previous post obviously I know what approved means don't be pedantic go and read you rassclart king James bible zeen even in that you will find about 80 references of Jesus being son of man

sorry

i dont get what you are arguing. are you saying that he was just a man?

europeans did NOT spiritualise Africa is what i am saying.

Fair enough

people were not 'Christian' in the old testament times..or when the first Africans left Africa... .....................................................Christianity itself is 2000 yrs old..

I am referring to Christianity how people refer to Islam as being ever present.

It is a story about the beginning of time so yes the true birth of the word Christianity begins after the death of Jesus but the traditions/beliefs have an earlier foundation.

I don't see how humanity could have began in East Africa and the story not spread with the people who went out in all directions.

There is too much variation in beliefs around the world, (Buddhism, Hinduism) if we all came from the same people why would beliefs be so different?

When the Spanish arrived in South America the Incas had their own beliefs aswell, completely different and unique to anything else in the world.

That to me says either 1 of 2 things, we all evolved exclusively (which I don't think is the case) or the 1st people who left Africa didn't know the story of Adam and Eve.

There may be one definition of christianity yes.............but what i am saying is that for those who grew up as catholics and then turn around saying they find Christianity hard to believe is silly cos they werent really practising christianity were they???.............................saying hail marys? praying to mary..literally worshipping her...confessing sins to a priest not God......only recently after 2000 years have been allowed to actually OWN AND READ THE BIBLE IN CHURCH............how the hell did you know what u were praying to when it was all about catechisms and mass...with some pontiff claimed to be Gods representative on earth :/ Islam and Catholicism and New judaism are all political lies leaning on spiritual truth.

I can only speak for myself but when I was a practising Catholic the only thing that really mattered was my relationship with God, not the rest of the shenanigans that surrounded the religion or the going ons of mass etc... none of that mattered, the archaic traditions of church bored the sh*t out of me, I had a communion and a confirmation but I just saw the process as something that brought the kids together and promoted good values.

I think I was a practising christian, I am sure many people would think the same thing regardless of how it arrived to them.

Religion to me is a set of beliefs and practices that everyone belonging to follows.

I don't see how there can be major deviation in opinions within people in a particular religion.

It's hardly a major deviation is it, its not exactly a controversy on the scale for instance the divinity of Jesus, or the resurrection. The controversy surrounding evolution makes no bearing on whether a person receives salvation or not.

europeans did NOT spiritualise Africa is what i am saying.

Fair enough

people were not 'Christian' in the old testament times..or when the first Africans left Africa... .....................................................Christianity itself is 2000 yrs old..

I am referring to Christianity how people refer to Islam as being ever present.

It is a story about the beginning of time so yes the true birth of the word Christianity begins after the death of Jesus but the traditions/beliefs have an earlier foundation.

I don't see how humanity could have began in East Africa and the story not spread with the people who went out in all directions.

There is too much variation in beliefs around the world, (Buddhism, Hinduism) if we all came from the same people why would beliefs be so different?

When the Spanish arrived in South America the Incas had their own beliefs aswell, completely different and unique to anything else in the world.

That to me says either 1 of 2 things, we all evolved exclusively (which I don't think is the case) or the 1st people who left Africa didn't know the story of Adam and Eve.

There may be one definition of christianity yes.............but what i am saying is that for those who grew up as catholics and then turn around saying they find Christianity hard to believe is silly cos they werent really practising christianity were they???.............................saying hail marys? praying to mary..literally worshipping her...confessing sins to a priest not God......only recently after 2000 years have been allowed to actually OWN AND READ THE BIBLE IN CHURCH............how the hell did you know what u were praying to when it was all about catechisms and mass...with some pontiff claimed to be Gods representative on earth :/ Islam and Catholicism and New judaism are all political lies leaning on spiritual truth.

I can only speak for myself but when I was a practising Catholic the only thing that really mattered was my relationship with God, not the rest of the shenanigans that surrounded the religion or the going ons of mass etc... none of that mattered, the archaic traditions of church bored the sh*t out of me, I had a communion and a confirmation but I just saw the process as something that brought the kids together and promoted good values.

I think I was a practising christian, I am sure many people would think the same thing regardless of how it arrived to them.

I think you underestimate the effect time can have on beliefs. When people are isolated from other people for thousands and thousands of years you will find them to have different beliefs and traditions to people who once shared the exact same faith as them before their isolation.

Religion to me is a set of beliefs and practices that everyone belonging to follows.

I don't see how there can be major deviation in opinions within people in a particular religion.

It's hardly a major deviation is it its not exactly a controversy on the scale for instance the divinity of Jesus, or the resurrection. The controversy surrounding evolution makes no bearing on whether a person receives salvation or not.

Ohh seen

So the whole evolution thing really compliments the big metaphor that is the bible and in reality, they go hand in hand.

COOL.

Makes a lot of sense now..

not a major deviation you know.

WOW.

It's hardly a major deviation is it its not exactly a controversy on the scale for instance the divinity of Jesus, or the resurrection. The controversy surrounding evolution makes no bearing on whether a person receives salvation or not.

Ohh seen

So the whole evolution thing really compliments the big metaphor that is the bible and in reality, they go hand in hand.

COOL.

Makes a lot of sense now..

not a major deviation you know.

WOW.

He is not talking about everything descending from the bigbang/slime

but rather God creating everything, and slight evolutions within that (obviously not people, I say obvious but you've made it clear you need someone to hold your hand while navigating such topics)

as you were lads