Super Street Fighter IV AE Thread Part 2

Creed Diskenth

Not even feeling smug still but guys love to assume they know bare about Viper and they don't.

Latif is f*cked from early though. Wolfkrone goes to bare tournies getting those evo points and getting top seeds, whereas Latif grinds the f*ck out of pools and ends up doing better than him.

I reckon Viper is going to get hit with the nerf hammer. Too many people are complaining despite not knowing how hard all of that sh*t is to do properly.

I'm not even bothered with nerfs anymore. I'm just sick of Capcom constantly allowing these whiney cunts to dictate how the game should be played but they only worry about their own character.

titan cant be smug at all he says his character is ass but shes clearly not

The reason I go back and forth over this sh*t is because she has such a huge risk factor for a reward that doesn't balance it out. Someone like Yun, Fei and Sagat can take far less risks and deal the same if not more damage. Did you see how badly Laugh beat Latif at Revelations, doing nothing but jump back hk and running away? I never said Viper is ass at all. I wouldn't be playing her if she was, but what I'm saying is she isn't top 3 because 3 Vipers reached top 8 this year. Flash metroid didn't make it out of pools last year, and Wolfkrone made like Top 32 max in 2010, and further more, Flash only used Viper when he lost matches with Gief. She can win matches, but you lot actually believe that you could spend 6 months and do the same sh*t :lol: Chuck could not even last 2 weeks before he packed it in. Man saw all the work necessary to win even basic matches against bog standard opponents and said it's long. And also, Latif is one of those guys who I reckon could pick more or less anyone in the roster and beast, it's just he likes rushdown so Viper made sense for him.

It's been 2 years and guys are trying to claim she needs nerfs although she has hardly been touched. She has actually been nerfed from Vanilla where she was more problematic but she still got beasted on by like half the cast.

I constantly feel like I'm being tr0lled on but it's jarring when guys are trying to speak on her properly when virtually no one here actually knows anything about her except for what you see on random youtube vids. I'll press about 600 buttons in one match only for you or someone else to beat me with like 5.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pick her up then and top tier your way to victory innit since she's top 3 according to you.

/

GGs Xander. They lowered the height restriction on her axe kick yeah because I'm sure I don't remember it hitting that low before. You have improved a lot though. I got baited so many times and wasted so much meter before I realised I need to slow it down and not press as many buttons.

lol titan you need to come off your high horse brah , anyone who's been seriously watching and following this game since vanilla knows how strong a character Viper is:

she has one of the best overheads in the game, it might not count for much damage but the fear factor is there , plus she can mixup after it

she has a pure left right mixup on most characters knockdown

she is one of the few characters in the game that can effectively safe jump shotos

she has nasty confirms off st.lk and cr.hp

she can build meter faster than most

she can set up easy chip damage victories to close out games/get at your opponent.

she has a dp, it might not be the best dp in the game but she has one.

she has more options to escape wakeup pressure than most of the cast.

I don't see what bad things she has except maybe her walkspeed and set of normals , but even her normals are better than a lot of the cast.

The reason people aren't on her is because a) no one in this country plays her at a high level really (former used to? and I don't know where eugene is , and b ) she is as hard as f*ck to pick up and learn + she has to be REALLY unorthodox in a lot of matches to stand any chance.

btw this is my own opinion i'm not trying to antagonize anyone or anything

The point is I've never denied how strong she is, but she is not a walk in the park character like you think she is. Latif and Wolfkrone literally grinded tooth and nail working with her to do what they have done with her which is why people are taking notice.

Chuck let me address each point one by one:

she has one of the best overheads in the game, it might not count for much damage but the fear factor is there , plus she can mixup after it

Yes it is very good but a delayed crouch tech will beat everything done offensively after it.

she has a pure left right mixup on most characters knockdown

True, but once they block, then what, you have to play a footsie game or defend and her defense is terrible. You also have to deal with sh*t like shoto cr.mk setting them up perfectly to punish

she is one of the few characters in the game that can effectively safe jump shotos

LOOOOL with what a super jump?! You actually have no idea how hard it is to safe jump with a super jump. Along with recovery frames from a normal, you also add recovery frames from the sj itself. Jumping in normally is the same as every character. Doing a bk to float over them is still susceptible to auto correct bullshit

she has nasty confirms off st.lk and cr.hp

No she doesn't. Cr.hp yes with meter otherwise you are not knocking down. Cr.lk is the same, no knockdown after the combo

she can build meter faster than most

True, but look at how much she ends up doing.

she can set up easy chip damage victories to close out games/get at your opponent.

Have you ever tried jumping up or focus backdashing out of seismo chains? Capo and Xander do it all the time so no it's not easy to chip someone to death.[ the only safe time to do it with with EX seismo but that's a lot of meter to lose out on

she has a dp, it might not be the best dp in the game but she has one.

You can be thrown out of it. SNM

she has more options to escape wakeup pressure than most of the cast.

If that person option selects a dp you have to block. There is no escape. Why do you think all Ryu's do what they can to sweep her? Because he is one character that rapes her when she is knocked down

She has a lot of weaknesses and a lot of strengths. She is top 10 I agree, but there are stronger characters than her that can cover far more bases than she can with far greater ease. I'm just going to keep practicing because I play her well but have a lot of sh*t it improve on and I want to become a beast with her. Eugene is good from when I last played him but Viper mirrors are completely random and he is super random so he is good on that part.