Anyone Here Into History

Aquaman

anyone direct me to anything about the Cold War? books (ebook or audio book, may consider an actual book), documentaries etc

particularly the Cuban Missile Crisis, and I still have no idea why the US and USSR got into that state when they were on the same side during WWII, now I really wanna look into it and Britain's involvement aswell

thanks

AGE OF EXTREMES BY ERIC HOBSBAWM IS YOU

STUDYING IT ATM, PRETTY GD BOOK

thanks

n i cnt find the book thread

but is there anythin on communism? i wanna learn about it, but dont know where to start

i need like the idiots guide

• 1 year later...

I saw something today which said when columbus arrived in america the natives spoke some arabic, apparently left from moors of africa who had travelled there a lot earlier, does anyone know more about this or could it just be pro-black people pushing for something that isnt there?

Ive been trying to look on google but mostly independent random sites come up.

sorry mate i understand u probably have a vested interest in these statements but i wouldn't take any info from a 5 minute advertisement mainly consisting of shot away weirdos rambling

the comments are a gd read however

"the funny thing about this subject,the word moor isnt in the arabic language,if it did it was'nt until the 20th century,europeans love to say the moors were muslum,so that they can try and link themselves to somthing great,because these modern day arabs are 80% caucasoid themselves,we cant blame them, in order to keep black peoples down they have to create in there mind they were nothing but slaves, and did nothing of importance"

im not aware of this woman

if she doesn't wear shiny red coats and look like a shit pirate then i'd be inclined to believe her more than that fella tho

also if she's in documentaries not presented by a fella who gives "mack lessons" on youtube

i aint arguing whatever these moors were or werent im jus sayin lol at that video n comments

this guy is jus tryna make money off ur insecurities

as for lahi, ok then mate

Moors were berbers, the original inhabitants of north africa, they were converted to islam by the arabs, that is fact.

There are millions of berbers still in north africa, touaregs who have been in the news recently in mali are berbers.

A lot of berbers have tattoos on their face and body, my grandmother is 95 and has tattoos (she is muslim however)

• Downvote 2

Well unfortunately the black caribbeans and americans are unlikely to be descendants of moors, just as they are unlikely to be descendants of the ancient egyptians, more likely from villages across west and central africa. However i dont have a problem with black people being proud of a great african civilisation such as the moors, but if they want to lay claim to be descendants then they should also accept the religion of islam as this is what the civilisation was built upon.

• Downvote 1

I saw something today which said when columbus arrived in america the natives spoke some arabic, apparently left from moors of africa who had travelled there a lot earlier, does anyone know more about this or could it just be pro-black people pushing for something that isnt there?

I remember Marvell saying something about the Natives speaking Hebrew.

Where did you see it though?

Moors were berbers, the original inhabitants of north africa

Supposedly Tupac is Berber from his fathers side, his family having immigrated a few generations before.

I remember reading up on the Moors years back and 1 thing I came across were family crests of white people who had the name Moor, Moore or something related, the crests would often have the head of Moors, but they were always dark skinned people.

http://www.heraldry.ws/html/moore-westmoreland-england.html

http://www.thetreemaker.com/family-coat-m/moor/scotland.html

Ives_Crest.jpg

I see Moors today of all different shades, a lot about North Africa can be disputed but 1 thing screams at me from the genetic trail maps of how early man populated the earth.

migration.jpg?w=510&h=213

080221-human-genetics_big.jpg

jm2l.jpg

out_of_Africa.jpg

The original North Africans, be it Berbers or whoever came before, must of been dark skinned.

It might seem improbable today with the current characteristics of the average North African but remember it would seem improbable today that Native Indians ruled the Americas only 500 years ago, they have been completely wiped out, so we know this is possible.

The Y chromosome p49a,f TaqI Haplotype V, which corresponds to Y haplogroup E1b1b1b (M81) —formerly E3b1b, E3b2 and colloquially referred to as the "Berber marker"— has been found among 68.9% of modern Berbers in North Africa and as high as 80% in one group. It is believed to be about 5,600 years old,[35] and to have arrived with the Neolithicexpansion from the Near East. M81 is not found in Sub-Saharan Africa. This haplotype has also been observed in as high as 40% of one small group of Andalusians tested. Generally it appears at much lower frequencies among Iberian populations, and lower as distance from North Africa increases.[36]

Y DNA haplogroup E1b1b (formerly E3b) predominates among North African populations; its E1b1b1b subgroup (M81) is identified especially with Berbers.

Berbers have a very strong and not very diluted gene pool dating back thousands of years. Although their skin colour may have been black, they are a different race from sub-saharan africans.

As for the languages, which arent too common anymore, kabylie does sound like hebrew actually but ive read its closer to celtic languages.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You know there is much variety in the peoples of Afrika. They say that there are more variety in certain Afrikan groups than there are between Scandinavians and Spanish, but no1 says Spanish and Scandinavians are a separate race from one another.

The same way you have various shades of Afrikans from Very dark like the Sudanese, to very light like the Khiosian (sp) from Souther Africa (south africa) , they are all Africans.

Why must the Berbers be another seperate 'race' from ''sub-saharan'' Africans?

• Upvote 1