John Terry & Anton Ferdinand Racism Row

Fighting Weight

Look at the thread tittles on the front page and apart from The Matchday, La LIGA thread, Euro football thread and a couple others the majority are about the politics of the game coz tbh that is the big issue, I.E ticket prices, how fans are treated, the state of the game. FIFA and Uefa. If my team lose it doesn't effect me half as much as being priced out or treated like sh*t by my club to whom I am just a consumer,

Last season when I was living in London I went to the midlands to watch FC United play Rushall, we lost 1-0 in possibly the worst football match I have ever seen in person or on TV. (I include school football) it was horrible, but you know what people didn't care that much as generally going to the match isn't based on your team losing or winning, it's about hanging around with your mates, the camaraderie, atmosphere, affordability and feeling your apart of something where your valued and treated with respect, In a parallel universe somewhere United have been relegated after losing most games in the season but all these other things that I highlighted are still intact so I still go to Old Trafford,

In reality now only the results and (generally) good performances remain so I f*cked it off as it isn't enough.

Imo, If Fans took more interest in the politics of the game we wouldn't be f*cked around with so freely. But most people see the result as key so it placated them into doing nothing.

would you say that Racism is a "problem" in the English game or is the Terry case a isolated issue,

devils advocate mode:

it would be remiss of me to believe and think there wasn't any racist people in the league and if we actually were able to check it out deeply i'm sure the number would be pretty decent, the fact that cases like this are so rare makes me thing that people are watching what they say whereas in times gone by they might have reverted to racial abuse pretty early in any verbal disagreement,

surely this is down to good policing from the FA as due to their reaction and strategies to combat the problem the days when a Black player couldn't enter a pitch without being racial abused are long past us.

• 1 month later...

ASHLEY Cole’s mum and brother sent Facebook messages LAUGHING over the coin attack which could have blinded Rio Ferdinand.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4691881/Ashley-Coles-family-gloat-over-coin-attack-on-Rio-Ferdinand.html

SMH .

This is wht happens when winston and delroy can't keep it in their trousers and keep on impregnating fat sally from the council estate

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Rio Ferdinand will be in the same team as John Terry and Ashley Cole for a charity match in aid of UNICEF at Old Traffiord on 14 November.

Ferdinand's relationship with his fellow England internationals has been strained over the last few years but the trio will line up in a Great Britain and Ireland side to be captained by David Beckham and managed by Sir Alex Ferguson.

GREAT BRITAIN & IRELAND: David Seaman, David James, Sol Campbell, John Terry, Phil Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Nicky Butt, David Beckham (captain), Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Michael Owen, Andy Cole.

REST OF THE WORLD: Edwin van der Saar, Cafu, Fabio Cannavaro, Alessandro Nesta, Patrick Vieira, Michael Ballack, Massimo Ambrosini, Robert Pires, Luis Figo, Ronaldinho, Zinedine Zidane (captain), Dwight Yorke, Patrick Kluivert, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Landon Donovan.