Week 14 - Premier League 11/12 & UCL

User

380773_10150412349862880_732592879_8520570_1066231604_n.jpg

we living off that stream mist bruh

:lol:

Sorry bruh I saw it with my own eyes, he was smiling/laughing during the round of appluse

Mans fully in his own world

Was prob dreaming about winning the golden boot/single handily getting Sunderland into Europe

Shit disgusted me, never wanna see him in a Arsenal shirt again

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Guest Portuguese

Happy for Corinthians/Socrates/Adriano

/

Corinthians, former club of Brazilian legend Socrates, who died on Sunday, honoured his memory by winning their fifth national league championship after a goalless draw against Sao Paulo rivals Palmeiras.

A full house witnessed the game at the Pacaembu, where Corinthians held on to claim top spot as second-placed Vasco da Gama drew 1-1 with Flamengo in Rio.

The Timao, for whom Socrates played between 1978 and 1984, have previously lifted the national title in 1990, 1998, 1999 and 2005.

The club have also lifted the Sao Paulo state championship a record 26 times.

Before the game, midfielder Alex said there would be no finer way to pay a fitting tribute to Socrates than for the club to get the draw they needed.

"The best way for us to celebrate his memory is the title," said Alex. "We hope we can lift the title, to win it in the name of Socrates, for the great idol that he is."

Fans held up banners in the stands reading "Doctor Socrates, rest in peace" while a minute's silence was observed before the start.

At the Engenhao in Rio, striker Diego Souza put Vasco ahead after half an hour but Flamengo captain Ronaldinho laid on a 55th-minute equaliser for Renato Abreu with a fine 40-metre pass.

Socrates, who helped Corinthians win three Sao Paulo state championships during his six years at the club, died in the early hours of septic shock in a Sao Paulo hospital at the age of 57.