Black people using sunbeds??

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Naturally dark people ain't gonna get skin cancer from going on subbed or laying in the hot sun or any other reason. If that were the case, then skin cancer would be widespread in African countries and India. It's not widespread in those places is it?

Lol at you thinking Sunbeds are the same as natural sun light.

Ok, so sunbeds are more intense than natural sunlight - so what? White people can get cancer from either. The point is, far, far fewer black people can.

same question was asked on another forum

http://www.bnvillage.co.uk/village-square/108220-black-people-using-sunbeds.html

So I'm chillin ,sitting with a few girls chatting away and one of the girls says "it's so cold outside I should have jumped on a sunbed" so I said to her why would you jump on a sun bed ? (she's light skin) and then her friend jumps in (she is black) and says "why not I go on them all the time"

So i'm there thinking she was just talking a load of hot air but then she said she goes on it every few weeks because it's good for your skin and gives you a healthy glow and gets rid of spots etc

She then pointed out to me that black people's skin is designed to be in the sun and needs uv to stay healthy etc

Which in all honesty now i think about it is true

Anyone else know black people that do this?

about your girl....

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Check the time and date u d*ckheads about baited + wasn't MY girl smh

Lmao @ venom stealing my story for a next forum tho what a fucking nerd

Nice try flap boy next time come better

its a known fact black people are more likely to die from skin cancer then white people.....

everyone needs to use sun cream if they are in the sun or choose to use a sun bed

different levels of SPF for different skin colours/tones the darker you are the lower SPF

/

Nothing wrong with using a sunbed... just like anything else abusing it is when its bad

(never used one myself)

• Downvote 3

So I'm sitting next too my girls sister and she saying to her friend "it's so cold outside I nearly stopped to have a sunbed" so I say y the fuck would u go on a sun bed (she's light skin) and then her friend jumps in (she is black) and says "y not I go on them all the time"

I was cracking up finking she was taking the piss but then she said she goes on it every few weeks because it's good for ur skin and gives you a healthy glow and gets rid of spots etc

She then pointed out that black people's skin is designed to be in the sun and needs uv to stay healthy etc

Anyone else know black people that do this?

Btw this girl was brought up in a strict African household and don't really socialize with white people b4 people label her a bounty

when I used to work in a record shop in peckham they had a sunbed in there and a few black women would come there and use it for that same reason.

*shrugs shoulders*

sounds dumb to me.

• 10 years later...

African people have evolved over thousands of years to be in direct sunlight, hence why they have a large amount melanin is their skin to protect their body from the harsh UV rays of the African sun. The sun hitting the skin produce vitamin D. People with skin that has a high melanin contain and live in the northern hemisphere e.g. UK are advised to take vitamin D supplements all year round. Those with fair skin only need to take vitamin in the winter as they should have stored enough though the summer to see them through to spring. Vitamin D is fat soluble rather than water soluble so is stored in the in fat cells and can stay in the body fo long periods of time, where a water soluble vitamins like vitamin C get urinated out.

It makes logical sense that if anybody should be using sunbeds at least for health reason it should be people with melinanted skin.