Suits

Guest chap44uns

Go to Next

wear the suit on the weekend, get a refund on the money

i've stopped buying suits, i have 2 nice ones that i had properly tailor made and that for weddings, etc

but if i have to go somewhere formal like next week or something, i would just go out and buy one from a shop, wear it and return it when i'm done

lol, nah theres nothing wrong in returning a suit after wearing it though

dont you live a real life? have u not seen or heard of millionaire celebs still gagging for freebies and getting stuff to wear and return fi free?

/

quick question. is UK time GMT right now or GMT+1 ..

This is another one of those things that separates disadvantaged people from the middle and upper classes.

A lot of people really don't understand the etiquette for business dress. And the thing is no-one will tell you. They'll just laugh at you behind your back. I've heard a lot of guys catching office burials for wearing black suits, black suits with brown shoes, not knowing how to do a tie properly, black shirts, wearing cheap poorly fitted suits, white socks, baggy trousers/jackets etc. The sad thing is its mainly ethnics.

This is another one of those things that separates disadvantaged people from the middle and upper classes.

A lot of people really don't understand the etiquette for business dress. And the thing is no-one will tell you. They'll just laugh at you behind your back. I've heard a lot of guys catching office burials for wearing black suits, black suits with brown shoes, not knowing how to do a tie properly, black shirts, wearing cheap poorly fitted suits, white socks, baggy trousers/jackets etc. The sad thing is its mainly ethnics.

What do you consider good business suit etiquette?

I work in an O2 store on Cheapside/Bank so Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan types everyday, ain't gonna lie though, very rarely can I tell what is good & not so good etiquette.

Had a sports ball/award show I attended at Stamford Bridge 2 weeks ago & a couple dudes I'm cool with who work at T.M Lewin around the corner sorted me out nicely.

At my company its mainly the elder white guys that dress off key. They're making soo much money that they just dont give a f*ck.

But those things you mentioned are unforgivable.

• Upvote 1

At my company its mainly the elder white guys that dress off key. They're making soo much money that they just dont give a f*ck.

But those things you mentioned are unforgivable.

tell em