Where do you rate Bale in world football (sturridge too)

Fighting Weight

Bale is never on Iniesta's level but lol @ calling Iniesta the biggest big game player in the world

What did he do in both legs of the semi against Bayern? Exposed as a side man in Messi absence. To think some f*ckers compare him to Zidane smh

I seen Zidane get shut down in 2 Champions League finals. One of them by f*cking Paul Lambert. 

CAN WE START USING CONTEXT IN OUR DISCUSSIONS PLEASE FFS.

Would like to know who negged this & why because it's irrefutable TBH.

I negged you for unecessarily brining Zidane into the argument

The guy mentioned Iniesta was "THE BIGGEST BIG GAME PLAYER OF ALL TIME" but I showed to examples where he had a stinker. Could have also mentioned the Confed cup final too

Like I say when Xavi is running games in the middle of the park and without Messi you're seeing the real Iniesta. A SIDE MAN

It was necessary to bring him up or ANY UNDISPUTABLE world-class player into the argument to demonstrate that yes, even the best of the best can have bad games. It IS a TEAM sport where as good as you are, a player can only INFLUENCE the team, not CONTROL the result.

Zidane has played poorly in big games. So has Ronaldo, so has Ronaldinho, so has Figo, etc.

So to dismiss Iniesta because he had a poor games against what we may end calling the most complete team of all-time in Bayern Munich is stupidity beyond belief.

Nah, Bale has been showing it on off for 3 seasons now.

Ronaldo has played for TOP teams for the last decade.

but as any footballer will tell you, its easier to do it when your the big fish in the small pond

Yes the best can have bad games but the Bayern games were a great opprtunity to show what he was all about when people were comparing him to the great man Zidane. He failed miserably

Bayern are "the most complete team of all time". I do love these categories you guys make up  :lmao:

Bale has been very good for 3 seasons, not WORLD-CLASS.

/

Do you guys have any idea what world class means? World class means, you are the HIGHEST calibur of your chosen role/position? That means, whether you're a GK, a LB, a CM or a striker, you are WALKING into even the very best teams.

Now, if we're talking about Bale, his form has only applied to that since the turn of the year. If we're REALLY going to argue that he would have walked into Barcelona's, Bayern's or Madrid's team prior to January, then WOW.

Bale has been very good for 3 seasons, not WORLD-CLASS.

This is the thing

It's extremes here

It is possible to be good, or even very good, without instantly being labelled world class

Bale has not been world class for x amount of seasons 

He's been a very good player with the potential to be a monster 

No way has Bale been WC for seasons.

He's been one of the best LW but was fairly inconsistent

What AVB has turned him into is one of the best and valuable players in world football.

Toney says one thing and people just twists his words :lol:

Yes the best can have bad games but the Bayern games were a great opprtunity to show what he was all about when people were comparing him to the great man Zidane. He failed miserably

Bayern are "the most complete team of all time". I do love these categories you guys make up  :lmao:

So out of x amount of big games you could have chosen over the last 2-3 seasons, we'll take TWO against a better team to demonstrate why Iniesta isn't a big game player ignoring his World Cup/European Championship performances, on top of his big game performances in La Liga & the CL? Right.

To your earlier point Mike, Bale can control the result, this is why he is so valuable potentially.

He has showed WC moments over them 3 seasons, this year it has been consistent.

Something has changed in him, he has that boss hog belief now, that's what makes a great.

but as any footballer will tell you, its easier to do it when your the big fish in the small pond

I dunno about that.

I think it's easier with better players around you personally.

Would Iniesta look so good outside Spain and Barca?

What AVB has turned him into is one of the best and valuable players in world football.

Mate, when did you join this discussion? LOL, heads been calling him WC all day.

To your earlier point Mike, Bale can control the result, this is why he is so valuable potentially.

Something has changed in him, he has that boss hog belief now, that's what makes a great.

One footballer can control a result, he can only influence it. It's not the same thing. 

Otherwise Spurs would be winning every game.

So out of x amount of big games you could have chosen over the last 2-3 seasons, we'll take TWO against a better team to demonstrate why Iniesta isn't a big game player ignoring his World Cup/European Championship performances, on top of his big game performances in La Liga & the CL? Right.

They were games without Messi and a fading Xavi...

I have not once said he's not a big game player. I just don't buy into "biggest game player of all time" and think it's silly to compare him to Zizou

Mate, when did you join this discussion? LOL, heads been calling him WC all day.

Who said he was WC for the last 3 seasons?  Even 2 season ago?

Toney said he had some WC moments, you can't argue with that.

I dunno about that.

I think it's easier with better players around you personally.

Would Iniesta look so good outside Spain and Barca?

Showing WC moments is still not the same as having WC seasons. Because if that was the case, we could attach that to MANY players. WC players have WC season(s). It's that simple.

/

And referring to the big fish/small pond point, it all depends on how your teams play. You can't isolate that point. Is it easier to play better in a big team? Not necessarily if the team doesn't play through you like it would at a smaller team all the time.

My name isn't 'Portugese'. I will not trawl & wade through 16 pages of fraff to quote the hot garbage that people have been spewing but I assure you, people have been saying he's been WC consistent.

Bale is never on Iniesta's level but lol @ calling Iniesta the biggest big game player in the world

What did he do in both legs of the semi against Bayern? Exposed as a side man in Messi absence. To think some f*ckers compare him to Zidane smh

Oh?

Stop moving the goal posts. NO-ONE in here has said he's the biggest big game player of ALL-TIME.

• Upvote 1

My name isn't 'Portugese'. I will not trawl & wade through 16 pages of fraff to quote the hot garbage that people have been spewing but I assure you, people have been saying he's been WC consistent.

not one person has said that in this thread tbh.

Oh?

Stop moving the goal posts. NO-ONE in here has said he's the biggest big game player of ALL-TIME.

Messi is currently anyway

Not one person has labelled Bale WC?

You're telling me, we're calling him better than Xavi, Iniesta, etc & he's not WC?

Really?

you are saying people have been saying he has been WC consistant for seasons, people saying he has been WC this season is a completely different thing 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not one person has labelled Bale WC?

You're telling me, we're calling him better than Xavi, Iniesta, etc & he's not WC?

Really?

you are saying people have been saying he has been WC consistant for seasons, people saying he has been WC this season is a completely different thing 

No, people haven't distinguished that at all.

They have said simply, he's WC.