Week 03 - 13/14 Premier League - UEFA Super Cup

User

Mignolet

Johnson   Toure   Agger   Enrique

Gerrard   Lucas

Coutinho

Moses                                    Suarez

Sturridge

Sturridge and Suarez have already played together, in fact Suarez setup his goal against Chelsea and they have a good understanding.

I don't think anyone associated with Liverpool should be worrying about the prospect of Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez being in the same team.

Both are good players. Very different though.

The season before last welbeck played right up top with rooney just off him and he was class. The partnership between the two was very good. His link up play is quality when hes confident and has a run of games. Holds the ball up well and very rarely gives the ball away. Also good at stretching defenders with his deceptive pace.

Ice is right, euro 2012 welbeck played up top and shone...olympics 2012 sturridge did fuck all except be a greedy prick (which i agree has improved a lot)

But still thats not really a true indicator of anything. Tbh id quite like to see how well they could play together with rooney for england. Could be a very good front three combination.

Like I said in the game thread Welbeck hasn't played as a striker for over a season now so it's hard to compare him

Playing out wide is not benefiting him right now. Sturridge was poor too out wide and you're seeing now he looks better in his proper position

Problem is unless there injuries I can't see him playing up front

When Sturridge played out wide under AVB he was firing.

He was OK but not as good as now. When he played out wide for Di Matteo it was painful

Apart from CL everything was painful under Di Matteo.

The season Welbeck played up top he got 9 in 30.

Sturridge got 11 in 30 that same season from wide.

Season before on loan Welbeck was 6 in 26 for Sunderland.

Sturridge got 8 in 12 for Bolton.

They both played for clubs of similar stature and went on loan to clubs of similar stature aswell.

They have both played up top and out wide, that's context no?

People saying Sturridge was as ineffective out wide as Welbeck, not true.

People saying Sturridge did nothing at Olympics, again not true.

I didn't see you mention context when people compared euro 2012 and The Olympics.

The stats show Sturridge consistently outscores Welbeck, regardless of position or club.

Sturridge (as the clip above shows) can get Welbeck type goals.

I'm not convinced Welbeck can get the type of goals Sturridge can.

If you need a no.9 you can only be looking at Sturridge.

• 4 weeks later...