Rate your intelligence

Pro

So we have 3 investment bankers on vip2? 

Out of interest, who else on here?

chaps/90210 one of those africans lies about working in the city in an investment bank

someone else as well can't remember who

not anymore i work in insurance

Without going too much off topic I think GCSE's and A Levels are still very important depending on what industry you're going in

I work in investment banking for instance and every single major IB asked for a break down of GCSE's/A Levels to the point where I began to lie

When I finally secured my current job I was asked to bring my GCSE & A Level certificates on my first day. Having lied about them I made up some bollocks excuse that they got lost in a house flood...they bought it

It's a shame that it does still matter at a lower entry level, despite what you've done post GCSE/A Level, because the only people who knew what they wanted to do for a career at GCSE were likely the people being pushed into it by their parents and are the same people who probably already had a connection into their desired industry anyway. Regular people on the other hand didn't have a clue, nor did I even know anyone who'd been to Uni when I was doing GCSE's to understand the benefits.

That is the elitist society we live in though

You didn't let it hold you bk though so congrats.

I guess there's not much manoeuvre to answer a question like this without sounding like a bit of a twat lol.

I never struggled at school, was in gifted and talented, only black boy selected to do Latin, only guy in both the football team and Latin class.

Was predicted 10 A*s at GCSE, ended up getting side tracked and messing up even though I got enough to do A Levels with no re sits.

Wasn't disciplined enough to achieve my potential in the education system, pretty much coasted all the way through.

Now education is behind me I know more about myself, I'm a bit of a maverick, 9-5 would kill me and I've been resourceful enough to make a living over the internet, turning my hand to different things.

But intelligence is so broad a term, I'm happy with where I am knowledge wise but I'm hungry to acquire more.

I was at a hotel and spotted an Opera singer, introduced myself and we spoke about his career for a bit, I didn't feel intimidated speaking with him about Glyndebourne Festival even though that world is a million miles from where I grew up, we swapped emails and stayed in touch afterwards.

I guess I want to be as multi faceted as possible, to able to hold a conversation with anybody from any walk of life, I believe Leonardo would pride himself on this so I think I'm on the right path.

• Upvote 3

I guess there's not much manoeuvre to answer a question like this without sounding like a bit of a twat lol.

I never struggled at school, was in gifted and talented, only black boy selected to do Latin, only guy in both the football team and Latin class.

Was predicted 10 A*s at GCSE, ended up getting side tracked and messing up even though I got enough to do A Levels with no re sits.

Wasn't disciplined enough to achieve my potential in the education system, pretty much coasted all the way through.

Now education is behind me I know more about myself, I'm a bit of a maverick, 9-5 would kill me and I've been resourceful enough to make a living over the internet, turning my hand to different things.

But intelligence is so broad a term, I'm happy with where I am knowledge wise but I'm hungry to acquire more.

I was at a hotel and spotted an Opera singer, introduced myself and we spoke about his career for a bit, I didn't feel intimidated speaking with him about Glyndebourne Festival even though that world is a million miles from where I grew up, we swapped emails and stayed in touch afterwards.

I guess I want to be as multi faceted as possible, to able to hold a conversation with anybody from any walk of life, I believe Leonardo would pride himself on this so I think I'm on the right path.

You come across well in this post.

But on a real why would I ever say otherwise?

My mother taught me you are what you think, and besides that my parents are exceptionally intelligent, my mum in a social sense and my father being a Harvard attendee MIT and Cambridge grad from nothing.

My reinforced positive thinking has me doing things I used to think I could never achieve I'm 22.

I have more evidence to suggest I have an amazing mental capacity than otherwise, but i can also appreciate the same in others, people just limit themselves by their insecurities, environments etc. When you can engage in thought that transcends what you see and feel then you can realise that potential.

So of course people wont like me to say I'm smart it annoys them, but I am and so can they.

You my friend are what they call a GYPSY.

I have a term for yuppies in the Gen Y age group -- I call them Gen Y Protagonists & Special Yuppies, or GYPSYs. A GYPSY is a unique brand of yuppie, one who thinks they are the main character of a very special story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wait-but-why/generation-y-unhappy_b_3930620.html

Appreciate yourself bro. 

• Upvote 1

You my friend are what they call a GYPSY.

I have a term for yuppies in the Gen Y age group -- I call them Gen Y Protagonists & Special Yuppies, or GYPSYs. A GYPSY is a unique brand of yuppie, one who thinks they are the main character of a very special story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wait-but-why/generation-y-unhappy_b_3930620.html

Appreciate yourself bro.

Youre so smart!

It just seems that you just lack a bit of class mate

that's all

comes across as one of the most insecure posters on the board tbh, just look at his previous topics and posts :lol: