• Berbatov
    • Aguero
    • Van Persie
    • Y. Toure

This poll is closed to new votes

Who backed the moyes appointment?

Talking sh*t

What you on about now?

Are you telling me that Man Utd fans on here weren't talking about winning the league after he was appointed? That terms like 'business as usual' weren't being thrown around?

At Xmas you and Fresh were talking about challenging after you went on that run of beating the dross of the league ffs.

Go read some of the topics around the time he was appointed.

http://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/topic/79213-moyes-gone/

Like this one when people were calling for Klopp/de boer and others Mourinho, the only one who was happy with Moyes was Young Money

Like I said in that topic being happy with Sir Alex out didn't equate to having to be happy with Moyes in

I don't understand? We went on a good run before Xmas, Rooney and rvp were out, we started playing good, fluid, attacking football more and Welbeck scored 6 in 6 and some of us were praying anti football dave would see it for himself and free the real, but it didn't happen, the big names came back in, panic signed mata and like moyes reign, the rest is history

Nobody on here was supporting moyes through the season, the man utd thread is testament to that, some people just hoped the ability of the players would carry us through but unfortunately for moyes himself he didn't have to the balls, which ironically in the long run will be better for us and worse for you

But that's none of my ..

• Downvote 1

Ffs this topic did not go the way I wanted

Thought it would be a Wayne Rooney burial topic

Eurogoals was about in the 90s

FACTS

errrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmm

isnt judging football on highlights against everything you stand for porchy?

Eurogoals had guys like Van Basten on there

European Cup Finals was the marker of how strong a league was because you only had the national champions of each league enter

The good old days

Italian football was not on eurogoals

So I don't see how you was watching van basten

@foljo how was you watching European football in the 90s ?

An also how old where you in that era ?

• Upvote 1

nah actually im done it is CRIMINAL that you lot have skimmed passed the european ban.

imagine german/italian/spanish etc etc teams were banned from playing in european competitions for x amount of years

you dont think thats a factor know?

I don't even know what you and the galactico gang are arguing, all that was said was that the standard of English football in the 90's was poor and people got upset.

If the European ban was a factor then what was it a factor in, reducing the quality of the Premiership in comparison to the other big European leagues?

id had a few beers last night, but yeah basically rhe lack of european involvement reduced the quality of the first division/premier league

BTW la liga was on sky sports and serie a on ch4 in the 90s don't know what channel bundesliga was on but remember Dortmund, Bayern, Kaiserslautern and Bayer Leverkusen being strong and also there teams...

Series a was by far the best, had all the top players scattered over a bunch of sides

Players used to come to the prem in there 30s for a last payday... Exactly kllike series a now

in the begining the la liga coverage was basically just barca & R madrid vs who eva

expanded a few season after due to good tv ratings

this is what i know

dont need to be told

again eurogoals was just a highlight show

a basic one at that

& like i said at times the would not even show all the goals

german was not on tv over here unlees it was a eruopean games agains at english side

/

for the record im not even defending the english game in the 90s

you man sayin it was sh*t cool

all i been sayin is how are you comparing it like that when there was not much european football on tv at that time

• Upvote 1

La Liga coverage was never like that

They showed the top teams at the time not just El Clasico teams

in the begining the la liga coverage was basically just barca & R madrid vs who eva

lol i aint even taking the piss out of euro goals

i actually use to love & watch all the time im just being real

eurogoals was on for like 80 mins

showed spanish german(not 100% if getman was on here )  belgium dutch french & portugess leagues

showed italian & english resualts

now how much games games is that ?? what 40/50+ yea

now tell me how they showing propa highlights in a 80 min show ??

bare in mind they had a game of the week end that would take up more time then others

there is no why you can judge the standard of a league via eurogoals

/

german league on sky sport id say not but i will be real im not 100%

• Upvote 1

The indivivuals in all the top teams showed the quality.

These guys used to turn up at major international tournaments and in the European Cup.

People should be happy they got to witness Romario,Laudrup,Baggio,Stochikov etc etc even it was brief.

Serie A had the best players and teams.

Nobody couldn't of watched Ajax 1994-1996 over a 50 game period but what they did in Europe at that time even if you saw it briefly you could see how special they were and better than anything English football had the time and it's the same with Capello's Milan.

That's what I am trying to say it wasn't Barca/Real vs whoever because

TV money was spread

English TV broadcasters didn't feel El Clascio like that back then.

C/S Flojo

About English teams only looking good in the Cup winners Cup

Someone must remember The Dream Team deading Man Utd@Camp Nou

The quality in levels must of been alarming

http://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/topic/79213-moyes-gone/

Like this one when people were calling for Klopp/de boer and others Mourinho, the only one who was happy with Moyes was Young Money

Like I said in that topic being happy with Sir Alex out didn't equate to having to be happy with Moyes in

I don't understand? We went on a good run before Xmas, Rooney and rvp were out, we started playing good, fluid, attacking football more and Welbeck scored 6 in 6 and some of us were praying anti football dave would see it for himself and free the real, but it didn't happen, the big names came back in, panic signed mata and like moyes reign, the rest is history

Nobody on here was supporting moyes through the season, the man utd thread is testament to that, some people just hoped the ability of the players would carry us through but unfortunately for moyes himself he didn't have to the balls, which ironically in the long run will be better for us and worse for you

But that's none of my ..

Again, what in the fuck are you actually arguing? 

Where in this topic did I say you or anyone else backed the Moyes appointment?

What I said was that despite his appointment whether you agreed with it or not you were still saying bare dumb shit like 

pmsl @ flojo

you might wanna edit the opening post

we are closing in

can't see us finishing below 2nd

players have finally stopped listening to moyes and started playing for the shirt and fans, should carry us through

You'e basically saying we're Man Utd we don't even need a manager we're that good.

Just for the record, you were fifth or sixth after having beaten West Ham, Norwich, Aston Villa and Hull after losing two consecutive home games to Newcastle and Everton yet you were talking about winning the league.

Fresh was talking so much shit I can't be arsed to quote, Gambino said Moyes was the right man and picked you to win the league, Agony said he was the wrong man and that he didn't want him but still picked him to win the league.

I can't believe after all this time you still don't get why I laugh at you man, it's like trying to talk about white privilege with a BNP member ffs. 

Mans talking about being insecure like we was the ones dropping the remixed "but she's not even all that" bars about the premier league

This is what I mean about you being sensitive, we all acknowledged how good Cantona was but yet you want to blow a comment about the quality of the league out of proportion whether or not it's valid or not.

Just tell me straight up, do you think the Premiership was levelling with the other top European leagues throughout the 90's?

FACTS
errrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmm

European Cup Finals was the marker of how strong a league was because you only had the national champions of each league enter

The good old days

I can't speak for Porchy but I was watching Gazetta from day, Eurogoals was obviously a weekly catch up and Eurogoals used to show the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup.

Even programs like Trans World sports showed me that shit on the continent was different when they used to do those features with ballers about their club and their training methods, I was looking at the training kids at clubs were getting in comparison to what I was being taught and the difference was vast.

I remember my bro playing in international tournaments and the Italians and Dutch in particular being levels above.

Me and my boys loved off European football hence why we called our team Ajax Juniors when we set one up.

On top of that I watched my team get tactically taken apart by teams on the continent on numerous occasions, the Celta tie in particular sticks in my mind because they were a team I'd liked for a long time with Mostovoi being my favourite player.

But enough of my ludicrously cool story, are you saying that the Premiership was levelling with the top leagues in Europe throughout the 90's? If so why was it only in the Cup Winners Cup where they did well and who were the outstanding players on the world stage playing in England at the time?

• Upvote 1

/

for the record im not even defending the english game in the 90s

you man sayin it was sh*t cool

all i been sayin is how are you comparing it like that when there was not much european football on tv at that time

you have answered my question so its all good

FACTS
errrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The good old days

I can't speak for Porchy but I was watching Gazetta from day, Eurogoals was obviously a weekly catch up and Eurogoals used to show the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup.

Even programs like Trans World sports showed me that shit on the continent was different when they used to do those features with ballers about their club and their training methods, I was looking at the training kids at clubs were getting in comparison to what I was being taught and the difference was vast.

I remember my bro playing in international tournaments and the Italians and Dutch in particular being levels above.

Me and my boys loved off European football hence why we called our team Ajax Juniors when we set one up.

On top of that I watched my team get tactically taken apart by teams on the continent on numerous occasions, the Celta tie in particular sticks in my mind because they were a team I'd liked for a long time with Mostovoi being my favourite player.

But enough of my ludicrously cool story, are you saying that the Premiership was levelling with the top leagues in Europe throughout the 90's? If so why was it only in the Cup Winners Cup where they did well and who were the outstanding players on the world stage playing in England at the time?

You would think one of my older brothers or cousins wrote this post