Any Math dons here?

Jones

i didn't go to a grammar school mate

you sound like you want people to do everything for you. if you want to be a [lawyer] go to google or open a book and find out how to do that. i never needed some 24 year old supply teacher to sit and explain things like that to me, especially not when i was 18 

You're going on like you're 25+ while at school and should know everything we know now.. We have no/limited life experience at that age.. How many 15/16 year olds are really going home, doing their homework and THEN researching about careers/uni

The most my school did as far as further education info is try persuade you into sixth-form, no doubt to meet some sort of target for government funding

@yuri

You're going on like you're 25+ while at school and should know everything we know now.. We have no/limited life experience at that age.. How many 15/16 year olds are really going home, doing their homework and THEN researching about careers/uni

The most my school did as far as further education info is try persuade you into sixth-form, no doubt to meet some sort of target for government funding

@yuri

yeah there's some truth to what you're saying but the reality is the school system isn't perfect. yet some kids from my class went to top universities and others who had the same teachers failed their a-levels or got permanently excluded

Those with sh*t teachers, did the whole class suffer with their grades or just a select group?

It's not neccesarily about grades it's about potential

In my opinion certain shit teachers were responsible for certain students not reaching the heights of their potential

Good teachers see an individual's potential and nurture it wether that's on the upper or lower ends of the scale

@yuri

yeah there's some truth to what you're saying but the reality is the school system isn't perfect. yet some kids from my class went to top universities and others who had the same teachers failed their a-levels or got permanently excluded

knew this shiny would be drawn for, come on lets not.

from when your teacher is saying copy out a science book verbatim while he reads a tv mag, at that age i was thinking wtf

it aint about spoon feeding, its about options in life. a child finds an interest in one, then you encourage it.

if a kid is shown near to nothing, then what happens next shouldnt be a surprise.

Most of us academically gifted will not see1k so called pagan teachers and to blame.

Ask most who did well in school and most will have Nothing but great things to say about thier teachers.

Only the dunces/disruptive children will be claiming this.

You sound like a teachers pet
I weren't.

I just wanted to learn have fun at lunchtimes /break and then go home.

Disruptive kids usedd to annoy the hell out of me.

Constantly seeking lols.

Just sit down listen and then the lesson is finished.

Only really experienced this in set 2 for maths everything else I was top set and as such the disruptive kids were minimal.

I was no Angel but I understood when to shut up when talking weren't necessary

i was good for science and english but they put me in the lower set maths...looking back all the popular kids were cunts/attention seekers that didnt amount to shit. Shame because the rest could have got better teaching. my secondary school was a joke only about 2-3 genuine teachers and the rest just hated children :lol: funnily enough my lower sets maths teacher was a very good teacher but his class was fucked. I was tryna move to intermediate or top set from year 9-11. One afghan girl even came stayed for a week n got moved up :rofl: while i was sitting exams hitting 90% i was still in lower set smhhh

My PE teacher was a boss, militant ex pro rugby player who took no shit, would take me out of detention and make me do sprints/rugby drills (as i was on the rugby team anyway) although he was strict, he got endless respect from everyone because you could understand how his decisions were to benefit you in 1 way or another.. They are the qualities every teacher should have.. Like someone else said its too easy to get a job which has soo much responsibility..

Think he's duty head teacher now aswel (my sisters at the school)

• Upvote 1

I did kumon still

Indirectly one of the things that got me labelled disruptive at school :rofl:

Used to get kicked out of class in year 8 maths for correcting the teacher when he used to use boog methods and say it was the quickest way to get the answer

My year 9 maths teacher gave me after school lessons so I could take my a levels in y11 and got me a scholarship for uni

Good teacher>bad teacher