United fans is ronaldo a united legend???

Guest babatundestacks

Had everything? When was Beckham bombing down wings twisting and turning guys? Becks was purely about his passing ability and Free Kicks and he was the best at that. Giggs had a decent free kick, assisted guys and was able to take guys on himself. I think he had more in his locker than Becks and good enough at everything he did.

Guest babatundestacks

100 agree with fresh but pre 99 giggs was the best out of the lot.

I swear people actually forget how good youtman giggs was.

Giggs top level slightly above daves.

Giggs aint touching prime becks are you mad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They we both wingers with two very different styles of effectiveness. Giggs' ability to tease defenders out of position with movement and to dibble at pace was exceptional. Beckham's vision and distribution was goat, whereas I can't say the same for what Giggs brought to the table. Giggs is still a greater United legend than Becks for obvious reasons. The same can be applied for ronny he's obviously a legend just if different magnitude.

Just look at the reception he got from us when he came back to OT, and we've been linked to him every summer for a reason.

Ronaldo is probably a united legend but would be way down the list of legens. Top 3 selected players, but not got that legendary status others have.

Cantona, scholes, giggs, beckham, keane, neville all have higher legendary status in my years alone. Without even mentioning the likes of charlton, best, edwards etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

Sir Alex rated Giggs better than Becks. Surprised he only considered that he had 4 World Class players at Manchester United though.

Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted he only ever had four truly world-class players at Manchester United - and neither David Beckham nor Roy Keane are among them.

The former United boss of 26 years, who won 13 Premier League trophies, believes that only Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Eric Cantona and Cristiano Ronaldo deserve that title.

"They made the difference and the evidence is there," Ferguson said.

"When we brought Eric Cantona in, we won the league that season. It was his mere presence and his ability to make and score goals.

"The younger breed like Ryan and Scholes were just fantastic players and the thing about those two was longevity. Are there players who have played right through the whole of the Premier League and performed at the level they have? There are none, absolutely none.

"And of course Ronaldo was just a complete genius of a player."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10001297/sir-alex-ferguson-i-only-ever-had-four-world-class-players-at-manchester-united

Thats just the 4 players hes still cool with

• Upvote 1