General Election 2017

Afroman

18 minutes ago, Gambino said:

Didn't want the definition. Just wanted Heero's thoughts on it.

Just the notion of people insinuating that you should vote for a certain party, or support a certain person because of your class, religion, race or whatever. Overlooking valid reasons a rich person may have for voting for labour, or a working class person may have for voting tory for example,

Because in identity politics peoples actual reasons don't matter, just the box they should fall into.

• Like 1

Well said to be honest. I wonder why some of these dislike Rees-Mogg so much actually. Because he's Pro British? Because he's wealthy and speaks well? Because he  presents himself as calm and educated? Purely because he supports Brexit? Because they are in fear of him being elected because they know he would run rings around people in any debates?

I don't agree with him on everything, I'm not religious so I'm not all anti abortion. When I look for someone who I need to choose to represent and lead me and this country, I want a straight talker, someone who comes across as honest, someone with conviction who isn't going to change his mind because some dimwits start shouting at him or show up in balaclavas screaming Nazi. So far he fits the bill. Corbyn does not, how can anyone trust a man who spent all his career being ANTI EU and suddenly start backing them just because he becomes leader of the opposition and thinks he can tap into those remain voters.

• Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Gambino said:

@Grafter Ok so why is it that you don't need to be up any politicians arse, will just take them as they come and will elect the best out of a bad bunch. But when I take them as they come, spot the person who I think is the best out of the bunch, suddenly I have to think he's my saviour and change my mind because you rate Corbyn over him, who would be the likely other choice?

Because its the way u go on. Thats how you come across

I dont speak about any politician the way u speak about trump an mogg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

Just the notion of people insinuating that you should vote for a certain party, or support a certain person because of your class, religion, race or whatever. Overlooking valid reasons a rich person may have for voting for labour, or a working class person may have for voting tory for example,

Because in identity politics peoples actual reasons don't matter, just the box they should fall into.

Hopefully that wasnt aimed at me 

17 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Because its the way u go on. Thats how you come across

I dont speak about any politician the way u speak about trump an mogg

What do you want me to speak about in a General Election and Donald Trump topic?. I'm curious as to why it seems to bother you enough to make you think that & feel I shouldn't talk about the things I want to, but you don't seem to have an opinion or anything to say to those who dig Corbyn and constantly trash Trump, Brexiteers and anyone who isn't from the left.

3 hours ago, Grafter said:

Gambino, rees mogg is not lookin out for the likes of you, there is no unity in your community and he will shit on all of you asap

identity politics

a tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics.

10 minutes ago, Grafter said:

8-)

Didnt say any of that but good for u, great comprehension as usual

Next time be direct, it's better

2 minutes ago, Gambino said:

What do you want me to speak about in a General Election and Donald Trump topic?. I'm curious as to why it seems to bother you enough to make you think that & feel I shouldn't talk about the things I want to, but you don't seem to have an opinion or anything to say to those who dig Corbyn and constantly trash Trump, Brexiteers and anyone who isn't from the left.

I rarely post in these topics gambino

I don't have any issues with u talking about things u want to talk about.

I just made an observation based on how u post which i am as entitled to do as u are to post whatever u like

Ok but when you do post it's things like that up above... Rees-Mogg isn't looking out for me, don't support him basically. I am a Brexiteer..... I voted out, I'd say Rees-Mogg is the most reliable man in Government right now to look out for the interests of those who wish to ditch membership of the European Union.

1 minute ago, Heero Yuy said:

Didnt say i didnt understand why he would want to vote for him though did i?

Or that he should vote for someone else because of his background. Didn't say he shouldn't vote for someone rich did i?

Jumpin to ur conclusions as usual

the reason I'm driven to identity politics is the ethnic homogeneity of the right wing in the UK, if they weren't so wound up in national identity and residual  sense of superiority afforded by our colonial era then there would be plenty from different ethnic demographics who agree with  principles of liberalism, individual sovereignty, private enterprise, abortion, no to gay rights etc. etc. but for these right wingers the overriding priority is to close the borders to prevent the perceived dilution of their culture, it is their number 1 grievance which outscores any other by tenfold. I don't even like corbyn I think he is a terrorist apologising c*nt, I would probably vote for the tories over him if they weren't so invested in ethnic isolationism

1 minute ago, Gambino said:

Ok but when you do post it's things like that up above... Rees-Mogg isn't looking out for me, don't support him basically. I am a Brexiteer..... I voted out, I'd say Rees-Mogg is the most reliable man in Government right now to look out for the interests of those who wish to ditch membership of the European Union.

Fair enough

7 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Didnt say i didnt understand why he would want to vote for him though did i?

Or that he should vote for someone else because of his background. Didn't say he shouldn't vote for someone rich did i?

Jumpin to ur conclusions as usual

Never heard of quitting while you’re behind?

literally people do it all the time.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Gambino said:

You are basically saying that lol. You are questioning why I would want to vote for him and TELLING ME that he isn't looking out for me.

His votin record shows us that historically he hasn't looked out for poorer members of our society not thr fact that hes rich

Don't get it twisted. This identity politics cant be something i subscribe to because I dont identify with none a dem, corbyn included

I just add my 2 pence here and there as I see fit

Tbh I couldn't give a shit what you think hence why you won't get much from me in terms of the word count as I already know your comprehension skills are piss poor

Just expressing that I find it perculiar that  youre scoffing at identity politics as if there's any other objective reason behind your stance on certain things

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

Never heard of quitting while you’re behind?

literally people do it all the time.

Why don't u just put me on ignore, then u can stop makin up crap that I have apparently said or insinuated

Either that or retake key stage 2 readin please. You are tiresome, it's either u presume ur smarter than u are or u believe im some kind of dunce

2 minutes ago, Grafter said:

His votin record shows us that historically he hasn't looked out for poorer members of our society not thr fact that hes rich

Don't get it twisted. This identity politics cant be something i subscribe to because I dont identify with none a dem, corbyn included

Good job we don't live in a country of dictators then. BREXIT is the biggest political vote we've had in our life times IMO. He's come across as the best person to get it done. And I mentioned other reasons why he's the guy I would choose. How can people on here be such Corbyn supporters when the man has zero conviction about his own beliefs?

Just now, Gambino said:

Good job we don't live in a country of dictators then. BREXIT is the biggest political vote we've had in our life times IMO. He's come across as the best person to get it done. And I mentioned other reasons why he's the guy I would choose. How can people on here be such Corbyn supporters when the man has zero conviction about his own beliefs?

None of this addressed my post which u quoted

Listen if ur happy that's fine, we live in a democracy after all