MUSIC MAKING PROGRAMMES

streets.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, pieces of technology and their subsequent limitations help to shape a sound. For early grime, fruity is clearly the sequencer of choice. Not because of how well it does things - but just HOW it does things. U could use the best pro-technology in the world but as soon as the sound become too polished it loses the essence of what you were trying to create in the first place.

Seems to be a lot plp who know their stuff in this thread so maybe someone can help me.For some reason after moving house my Cubase isn't picking up any audio signals (mic, compresser etc). I don't think it's an mixer issue cause I've tried everything with that (but it could be) & I don't think my m-audio usb soundcard's faulty as im still getting audio playback. so Im thinking it's my mac or Cubase.Any ideas as to what the problem is? Seriously Im willing pay cash to the person who can solve this problem, im desperate.

Seems to be a lot plp who know their stuff in this thread so maybe someone can help me.For some reason after moving house my Cubase isn't picking up any audio signals (mic, compresser etc). I don't think it's an mixer issue cause I've tried everything with that (but it could be) & I don't think my m-audio usb soundcard's faulty as im still getting audio playback. so Im thinking it's my mac or Cubase.Any ideas as to what the problem is? Seriously Im willing pay cash to the person who can solve this problem, im desperate.
what card/ audio driver and ur genreal set up

in terms of what u can do with them.pcs cubase>>>>>________macs Logic>>>>>________would have said nuendo or protools but tbh cost prob too much for most on here + most wouldn't really use them to their full ability.in terms of beatmaking, if u cant make a half decent tune in fruity, u cant make a half decent tune in anything.

There is no best program, its all down to what you find most comfortable. You can make a decent tune on loads of programs.
so u can make a better beat than me on ejay or magic music maker or fruity
That's not what he's saying, if u gave him 3 hrs on Logic to make a beat, and then 3 hrs on Reason, coz reason's his choice of sequencer the end result would far superior. I think you'll agree that u can have all the best technology in the world, but without a decent musical idea it's not worth sh*t, but u can have the most basic setup and end up making an absolute banger.