Is the media true about excessive drinking on the rise?

Eskay Jones

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check this for a birthday weekend:Friday - Greyhounds (will drink there), Pub and a danceSaturday - Charity challenge (Have to go to the charity shop and get an outfit for that night), pub and a danceSunday - Fry up, pitch and putt (will drink there)Sounds live

Apparently,drinking to get drunk is binge drinking - I don't think it has to be 'out of ur face' to count.What I have noticed is, people are starting to drink at younger at younger ages. I think I was about 15 when I first got pissed, kids are like 12, 13 and sh*t now.We have a heavy drinking culture in our country, just take a walk in the city centre on a Friday or Saturday night to see the state of everyone. Apparently its not like that in other countries.

Guest Tulse Hill
One of my boys works in A&E, and some of the sh*t he's told me bout people getting drunk have made me think twice bout drinking let alone getting drunk.There's no harm in drinking if you know your limits.Problem is most people dont.
c/speople DONT acutallty know that they are killing their liver, they think it will never happen to me but it does, the guy whos dead because of liver failure was in your boots 15 years ago, people think drinking like that every weekend and theyll be fine but no it only takes abotu 3-4 years untill the liver begins to fail

Weird this thread popped up, someone quite well known around Coventry got punched in the head and cracked his boat off the bar and died 7 hours later. Thing is the guy was 40 and the guy who hit him was older and should of definitely have known better. The guy who got hit has 2 kids and looks after a local under 13 football team, the kids are going to grow up fatherless due to a disagreement in a bar.It's past stupid now, these things are happening all the time around Coventry and I'm guessing even more so in London. These so called adults would never do such a thing if they were sobre but drink brings out the agressive worst in individuals. I can't remember the last time I went out and didn't see a huge drunken brawl, I feel sorry for the recently turned 18 year olds who have to go through all that crap because there's nothing better to do.Knowing when to stop >>>>>> _______________