Ryo Miyaichi to join Arsenal in January

gemma

:D Ryodinho >Most def needs to work on his distributionI would love someone with his directness in the team
Agreed, a lot of miss placed passes but still young and learning the game. Good place to go also, has looked good in the clips that are available.I laughed how he mugged off their fullback (fell over due to the step overs) then for revenge he just took him out

Guest THEREALTULSE
Loan could be extended through to next season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHJyFJEmsbs&hd=1

The Asian press say Miyaichi will be selected by Japan for two friendlies in June, and will then go to the Copa America
I was quite impressed with the right back that had orange boots in that vide (name?)Looked very strong, closed Miyaichi down and had the pace to track his runs.Made the little Japanese winger look very ineffective.This sort of defending will only get worse as he goes higher up, he needs a lot to work on.

Ryo Miyaichi sends a message to Japangun__1300205227_miyachi_shirt.jpgArsenal's new Japanese signing Ryo Miyaichi has shown his support for his countrymen in the wake of Friday's earthquake and tsunami.Moments after his loan club Feyenoord scored a last-minute winner against NAC Breda on Sunday, Ryo revealed a shirt with the following handwritten message to Japan: “I hope that as many people as possible will be saved."Ryo prepared his message before the match and was also given permission to wear a black armband in memory of the victims of the disaster. Dutch FA regulations state that black armbands can only be worn by all of the players in a team but Ryo got his wish."The other players wanted to show their support to Ryo and to Japan as well and so we all wore the armbands," explained Feyenoord trainer Mario Been."Ryo has obviously been saddened by the dreadful events in Japan. Luckily, his relatives are not in danger, but he has clearly been affected by what has happened. We will continue to do everything in our power to help him through this." After showing his handwritten message to the camera, Ryo kissed his black armband and thanked the Feyenoord crowd for their support.http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ryo-miyaichihttp://www.savethechildren.org.uk/en/japan-earthquake-and-tsunami-appeal.htm?sourcecode=D110SL001

When Arsenal captured the signature of Japanese winger Ryo Miyaichi last year, they were rumoured to have signed a player that could emulate the performances of Cristiano Ronaldo.Miyaichi signed for the Gunners at the end of last year, but the 18-year-old was immediately loaned out to Dutch club Feyenoord to gather experience in European football. Upon agreeing a deal with the North London club, Miyaichi quickly cited the possibility of playing under Arsene Wenger as an influencing factor in his decision. "[Arsene Wenger's] words made me more confident and that made me want to play for Arsenal even more," Miyaichi claimed. "So, he had a lot of influence on my decision. He told me to learn English quickly and told me that his ground is my home. That really touched me."The match experience Miyaichi is getting in the Eredivisie has proved invaluable, with the Japanese starlet grabbing an assist and scoring his first goal in Feyenoord’s 2-1 victory over Heracles during his second appearance for the club. In the weeks since his debut, the youngster has established himself as a first-team regular, often playing a full 90 minutes and attracting widespread praise for his performances.The young winger’s ability to dribble with the ball and create chances has quickly established him as a cult hero at De Kuip, despite having only made five appearances for the club so far. Team-mate Diego Biseswar encapsulated the adoration for Miyaichi, explaining how the penalty he won against Groningen last weekend was courtesy of a skill he learned from the talented Japanese winger. "It was the trick from Ryo that I mimicked," Biseswar revealed. "Ryo's speed helps me find room when we're in attack. He quietly listens to the craziness and atmosphere in the dressing room. Ryo is always laughing, Even though he cannot understand us all. But he is happy all day. "Really, the guy laughs every day. But he is especially eager to learn and we all like that about him." Following the match against Groningen, Miyaichi found himself yet again on the receiving end of generous praise, even sparking comments from his opposition about their inability to contain him. Groningen defender Maikel Kieftenbeld conceded Miyaichi got the better of him repeatedly when the two sides met, but revealed Miyaichi would continue to do the same to most of his future opponents. "We tried to force him inside, but he always found a way to get out wide and use his pace," said Kieftenbeld. "He is very dangerous. He is very, very difficult to mark. I was not the first, and I will not be the last, to suffer against him." After a debut appearance against Vitesse that illustrated an array of skills and a good range of passing, Miyaichi followed up with a second performance in which he got on the score sheet. After further impressing in a 2-2 draw with ADO Den Haag and a 5-1 victory over Groningen, Miyaichi found himself at the receiving end of mounting praise from the Dutch press.Just 18 minutes into the game against Heracles, Miyaichi chested down Diego Bisewar’s cross and thrashed an unstoppable strike into the net to put his side 1-0 up."For me, it was a feeling of pure joy on the field. I'm delighted to have scored my first goal for Feyenoord,” Miyaichi told the Feyenoord official website."It was a great feeling to have my name chanted by the supporters. I am honoured to be a part of this team."The Dutch media have been quick to shower the youngster with praise, touting him “Ryodinho” after witnessing him torment a number of defenses with tricky and skilful runs. After repeatedly drawing comparisons to Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo, Miyaichi’s development is being closely followed by Arsenal’s coaching staff. His contributions have been so impressive, Japanese TV stations have quickly acquired the rights to show Dutch Eredivisie fixtures, with a multitude of Japanese football enthusiasts keen to watch the future of international football in action. Current Feyenoord coach Mario Been has deemed Ryo "a super talent". He added; "We are grateful that Arsenal gave him to us. He is so quick, technically brilliant and has an eye for the goal.'' His progress will be encouraging viewing for Arsene Wenger and a set of Arsenal fans that have witnessed the club mount their most convincing title challenge in recent years. The Gunners boss has asked Feyenoord not to expose the youngster to the media too much, in a bid to protect one of his prized assets. "He says he's happy with the fact that he can focus solely on football," Feyenoord's media chief Raymond Salomon revealed. "Feyenoord, ourselves, have a house rule that we are careful with how we handle our young players. Arsenal's request is something we've agreed to. They do not interfere with decisions over where Miyaichi plays. They're just afraid he can become too distracted by peripheral issues." Upon Miyaichi's arrival at the Emirates, Wenger insisted that; “for us, it’s very important that Asia is represented at our club." Miyaichi looks to have a bright future at the Emirates, as he insists that he would love to emulate the heights achieved by Cristiano Ronaldo in the Premier League. "[Arsenal] is a wonderful team and I am very happy to be part of it. I am learning English very much at the moment,"he ironically stated to Arsenal TV Online. "I think I’ll be just fine as soon as I get over the language barrier. "[My strength] would be my speedy dribbling with the ball. I like to play anywhere on the offensive side of the game. The football player I really respect would be Cristiano Ronaldo. "This is only something I read in magazines but apparently he would be the first one on the training pitch and the last one to leave and that’s the extra mile that the world’s very top players put in."http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/latest-arsenal-s-new-wonderkid-living-up-to-reputation-as-next-cristiano-ronaldo/

• 4 weeks later...