★★★ Amir Khan vs Lamont Peterson ★★★

Fighting Weight

ref was a busy body but he gave Khan's loads of warnings during the fight

dont see how he had a shocker unless your talking about the ref not breaking when Khan was on the ropes?

Watch the fight back and listen to the ref

'Khan! Khan!' every 10 seconds as if it's a tickling match, Peterson was coming in with his head and Khan was pushing him away. It happens in fights every week but you can't penalise one without penalising the other. As soon as Khan clocked the ref was itching to deduct a point for pushing he had to stand and take shots on the inside because the referee wasn't breaking even when they were tied up.

If pushing a fighter off you was worth a points deduction Mayweather would get about 2 every fight.

thats irrelevant imo, Khan lost this fight because he underestimated his opponent and got all his tactics wrong

• Downvote 1

ref was a busy body but he gave Khan's loads of warnings during the fight

dont see how he had a shocker unless your talking about the ref not breaking when Khan was on the ropes?

Watch the fight back and listen to the ref

'Khan! Khan!' every 10 seconds as if it's a tickling match, Peterson was coming in with his head and Khan was pushing him away. It happens in fights every week but you can't penalise one without penalising the other. As soon as Khan clocked the ref was itching to deduct a point for pushing he had to stand and take shots on the inside because the referee wasn't breaking even when they were tied up.

If pushing a fighter off you was worth a points deduction Mayweather would get about 2 every fight.

thats irrelevant imo, Khan lost this fight because he underestimated his opponent and got all his tactics wrong

Peterson wanted to box initially but after the first round he knew he couldn't out box Khan because of the speed difference so he did the smart thing and changed his approach to fighting on the inside. Khan wanted to box, peterson wanted to brawl and it was bait from early that whoever made the other fight their fight would win. The ref hamstrung Khan by pushing him towards fighting Peterson's fight.

Wrong tactics definitely but he didn't fight that way out of choice.

• 4 weeks later...

Amir Khan has raised fresh doubts over the validity of his clash with Lamont Peterson last month, where the Briton controversially lost his IBF and WBO light-welterweight title belts in Washington.

Khan lost a dramatic battle with Peterson on points, after he was deducted two points for pushing.

Many pundits and fans questioned the judging after the fight, and Khan lodged an appeal, which will be held later this month.

The 26-year-old has now taken to Twitter to send out a number of images of the fight. He is particularly concerned with the appearance of one man ringside.

Here is the full list of Amir Khan's Tweets sent on Thursday afternoon:

article-2082663-0F22BA7D00000578-727_468x356.jpg

Controversial: Khan lost his clash with Peterson on points last month

'hey tweeps, i want to share with my fans the latest on the peterson fight situation, the truth is finaly coming out slowly but surely'

'i knew there was something dodgey with the scoring, forget about the fight and the ref for now, im my own biggest critic i know what'

'i done right and wrong, very close fight Peterson fought great but i still believe i won by 1 or 2 rounds, i aint whining or complaing'

'ther has been some crazy judging in 2011 n i want 2 put a stop to it'

'if I lost fair and square then fair enough I've lost n I move on, but does it really take over 10 minutes from the final bell to decide who's won? we've filed an appeal through and we should get a decision from the WBA and the IBF within the next 2 weeks'

'I'm angry as I want the rematch next to put things straight but it doesn't look like he wants it'

'watch the fight from 9.10 seconds of this video ther is a guy wearing a grey suit with a blue shirt wearing a hat'

'Sat on the main judges panel at the front on the right hand side 3rd to the end'

article-2082663-0F58B5DB00000578-449_468x350.jpg

'No1 knows who this guy is and he is now bieng asked to move by Michael Walsh who is the main supervisor for the wba as he should be sat there'

article-2082663-0F58B5E500000578-66_468x351.jpg

'He now gets a chair and sits slightly infront of @OscarDeLaHoya and my father'

article-2082663-0F58B5F500000578-934_468x351.jpg

'At the beginning of round 2 he manages to squeeze in at the front again sat next to Michael Walsh'

article-2082663-0F58B60400000578-785_468x351.jpg

'Now the IBF and the WBA have still not confirmed who this guy is till this date and what he was doing there.. Now the interesting part'

'I watched the whole fight again this time just concentrating on this guy wearing the hat, thanks to allot of friends and boxing experts who pointed this out to me'

'Now this guy doesn't do anything apart from watching the fight but that's only until round 6 when he starts to interfere!'

'From round 6 all the way through to round 12 this guy starts to interfere with what Michael Walsh is doing and they are both not watching the fight, watch the video and have a look for yourselfs'

'This is what I meant on how he was interfeering, as no one is allowed according to the rules to touch hold the scorescards or even talk to the judges n commision during the fight'

article-2082663-0F58B61300000578-639_468x351.jpg

'There are 3 judges in a fight n all have different colour slips, n at the end of evry round thy get passed on to the wba ibf n dc commision'

'This pic shows here in round 6 the guy wearing the hat clearing picks up one of the judges white slips n if you watch the video slides it down and towards him'

article-2082663-0F58B62000000578-790_468x348.jpg

'Another pic of the guy wearing the hat interfering different camera angle'

article-2082663-0F58B62F00000578-426_468x348.jpg

'And this guy doese it again at the beginning of round 7, n carries on throughout all the way to the end of the fight wtf?'

article-2082663-0F58B64800000578-558_468x351.jpg

'Again in round 8 and round 9, cleary not watching the fight at all and not allowing Michael Walsh to watch too'

article-2082663-0F58B65000000578-319_468x351.jpg

'This time in round 11 he's seen here clearly picking up a yellow judges slip.. Strictly againts the rules'

article-2082663-0F58B5C700000578-466_468x348.jpg

'I've read in some articles and people have also told me that after the fight Michael Walsh the guy in the red tie apparently said his score cards didn't match up to the others, it wasn't fair and he looked really scared and he was told to butt out and there was nothing he could do.. Since then no one has heard from him'

'I want Michael Walsh to come out and speak out about what was going on, its only right and fair to do so'

'Heres a Close up pic The question is.. Who is this guy? And what was he doing? I'm sure someone outthere knows'

article-2082663-0F58BBCC00000578-932_468x351.jpg

Amir Khan

'watch here for yourselfs round 6-12 will be interesting if we finally get our answer'

Khan's business manager Asif Vali this evening backed up his fighter's concerns about the man's ringside actions.

'This individual came in round one, snuck in in front of myself and Amir's father, Shah, sat in and then pulled a chair straight up to the table,' Vali told Sky Sports News.

'We don't know who the official is. We've asked the question, we've written to Washington DC and we're still waiting for their response, and we've written to the IBF and they've still not responded.

'You can see clearly on the pictures that he's handling the slips in between rounds and he's talking and liaising with the WBA official.

'He identified himself as an IBF official. Now there was no seat on the top table for this individual - we already had a designated seat for an IBF official which was taken up, and we don't know who this guy is.'

Vali claimed that WBA official Welsh appeared to be 'frightened' by the presence of the individual.

'The conversation between the WBA official and this individual seems to be ongoing at all times,' he said. 'We've not heard or seen of Michael Welsh since the fight. Golden Boy Promotions [Khan's US-based promoter] have tried to get some answers from the WBA.

'He [Welsh] looked frightened, as Richard Schaefer [head of Golden Boy Promotions] had said previously within our conference call, and we just want some answers about what was he frightened for.

'It could be nothing at all, it could be very legitimate; we're just asking for the answers.

'There's obviously something wrong there. If the answers are legitimate, fine, we'll accept them. If they're not legitimate, then we hope the rematch takes place, and if the rematch takes place, all this can be squashed.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2082663/Amir-Khan-raises-fresh-doubts-Lamont-Peterson-win.html#ixzz1idojgYPY

dodgy shit

lol this whole episode is hilarious.

The WBA and DC commission have confirmed they don't know who he is.

The man was gripsing up score cards :lol:

thing is, fair enough we all know that boxing is a corrupt sport but if Khan was as good as he hypes himself up to be, he would have got the job done, so there would be no need for any questions to be asked. End of the day, the fight was close, Khan's supporters will say they had him up, Peterson's will say the same, for me Peterson won the fight. Khan is a lil bitch anyway, done himself no favours at all imo by constantly whining and bitching after the fight. I hope he gets knocked out if they have a rematch

• Downvote 1

The man at the middle of the latest controversy involving the fight between Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson has been named by the Briton's promoters as IBF employee Mustafa Ameen.

It has also emerged that Golden Boy Promotions have ordered a rematch between the two.

Peterson claimed a controversial points win in the light-welterweight title fight in Washington last month, after Khan was docked two points for pushing. The Khan camp was furious, with the young Briton launching an appeal.

This latest development was reported by Sky on Saturday morning, two days after Khan posted a series of images of the fight on Twitter, where he questioned the identity of man at ringside. The man is seen making contact with WMA supervisor Michael Welsh.

Richard Schaefer, chief executive officer of Golden Boy Promotions, has now named the mystery man.

'His name is Mustafa Ameen and the IBF have confirmed to us his name, and they have confirmed to us that he's involved in an official capacity with the IBF,' Schaefer told Sky.

'However, he was not in Washington in an official IBF capacity, but the IBF asked the Washington commission to issue him a credential so that he could attend the fight.'

Schaefer also claimed that the WBA have offered Khan a rematch with the American, and urged the IBF to follow suit.

'We have been informed today by the WBA that they will order an immediate rematch,' he said. 'We received a verbal confirmation today and we will get a written confirmation by next Tuesday.

'That means that no fighter can take an interim fight, that the next fight for Peterson would be a rematch.

'We hope that the IBF will follow because that's the least they can do. The ruling of the WBA to order an immediate rematch should put additional pressures on the IBF.'

He is also hopeful that the outcome of the fight will be changed to 'no contest', allowing Khan to retain his belts, but said: 'It's difficult to guess the no-contest ruling. I certainly hope this could happen.'

WBA president Gilberto Mendoza had earlier spoken openly about his hopes the two fighter would meet again, saying: 'It generates a lot of controversy. There should be a rematch. The [Washington DC] Commission did not behave properly in this fight.'

Khan and his team were left bemused by the long delay between the fight ending and the result being announced in the American capital, and the fact that judge George Hill's scorecard appeared to have been amended with regards to the seventh round.

If it's ruled a no contest you've got to feel for Peterson