What should an urban drama in North/East/South London be like?

2deal2

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Got Dat Cronik
IRONY BEING U BLACK PEOPLE STIL SUCK UP 2 TEH AMERICANS WITH YOUR NEW ERA AND YOUR SLANG
i swear uk mandem bop out jamo slang more then us slang alie?and i swear i see far more asian youts bopin out new eras so das a par

Guest Radio
IRONY BEING U BLACK PEOPLE STIL SUCK UP 2 TEH AMERICANS WITH YOUR NEW ERA AND YOUR SLANGITS LIKE U COME LIKE MIXED EUROPEAN GIRLS WHEN IT COMES 2 AMERICAALWAYS TRYIN 2 PROVE SOMETHINSHITS DISCUSTIN
bruv from i saw ur name i knew u was gna attack either a race, creed or religion lolthe animosity n hostility is entertaining stil
laugh.gif IL TRY AND BE A BIT MORE POSITIVE IN FUTURE.. VIP2 IS LIKE THERAPY 4 ME
tbh I think they should ban your typetbh I think they should ip ban people like youno offence

Guest Radio
IRONY BEING U BLACK PEOPLE STIL SUCK UP 2 TEH AMERICANS WITH YOUR NEW ERA AND YOUR SLANGITS LIKE U COME LIKE MIXED EUROPEAN GIRLS WHEN IT COMES 2 AMERICAALWAYS TRYIN 2 PROVE SOMETHINSHITS DISCUSTIN
bruv from i saw ur name i knew u was gna attack either a race, creed or religion lolthe animosity n hostility is entertaining stil
laugh.gif IL TRY AND BE A BIT MORE POSITIVE IN FUTURE.. VIP2 IS LIKE THERAPY 4 ME
tbh I think they should ban your typetbh I think they should ip ban people like youno offence
NONE TAKEN KIND SIRBUT PRAY TELLWHY DO U THINK THOSE THINGS ?
just think we don't need negative people like you on vip2

this breh always drops the cold truth. the same wacemen cussing americans will be there this summer. and more than half of their social influences is from the US. certain man knows more US states than UK towns

If its not in South, you may as well watch Gus on Eastenders for urbantainment
So r u saying it couldnt be based in Harlesden or Hackney and depict real grizzly life?South's overrated still, the endz in South are miles apart and separated by pure green and sh*t.In NW, Kilburn is next to Willesden which is next to Harlseden which is next to Wembley etc... NO GREEN, you dont get endz packed tight like that in South.

For me Dubplate drama is/was the one. I actually liked it. The way I see it.. The solution to a drama that we all could relate to is nothing to do with the writer as such, but our attitudes towards these dramas..Most times we criticize heavily anything that is street related that comes from these shores.That WEST 10 LDN got deaded b4 it started. Atho I agree it was cringeworthy, Its the same thing with music. Some people just enjoy looking for cringeworthy moments in UK drama rather than the contents in itself. I aint gonna lie I used to be like this. The majority aint ready for a UK urban drama cuz the fact is we hate to see a reflection of our antics on our TVs.+ The big boss/ execs who cut the cheques still think Ali G is the true representation of a road man.. If 1 or 2 characters aint twanging like him then it aint a hit according to them
'Cause moretime its sh*t. Craig David made good music and got ratings. Cant remember a program thats been good. The Yanks produce Boyz in da Hood and Menace II Society, we have Bullet Boy and Rollin With The 9s. Come on, the quality just doesnt compare. Certain Yanks complained about the Yank films but IMO were being picky. Our ones are corny. Forced 'street' attitude with stiff actingWere either of the films mentioned made by Black men?
I though Bullet Boy was actually quite good . Rollin Wit The Nines on the other hand.... bullshit. Kidulthood was okay but too farfetched;Them girls that gave head to them drug dealersTurkish boy who lashed the big boy's girls in his bedroomThe excessive amount of slang used especially by the white people ..*no racist* but sometimes the slang looked forced
Bullet Boy was the best out of the 3 mentioned, didnt even waste my time with The Nines bullshit.Kidulthood was defo bollox too.Storm Damage with Asher D was 1 of the better urban drama's ive seen come out of this country, written by Lennie James still who is a very decent actor.

South's overrated still, the endz in South are miles apart and separated by pure green and sh*t.In NW, Kilburn is next to Willesden which is next to Harlseden which is next to Wembley etc... NO GREEN, you dont get endz packed tight like that in South.
Lol, where fam?What part were you in?

The endz in south are more concentrated, Brixton, Camberwell, Lewi, Peckham are all fairly close together.Where as North of the river its more seperated you got Stratford further out east then tottenham and hackney close then harlesden all the way over the other side.
nah i swear its the other way round south is more sprawling whereas north and east are more compact and compressed

South london is probably the only place known outside england.And by south london I mean brixton.
Because of the riots. It is not known for anything positive.Camden market has more international recognition than Brixton easy.
No it doesn't, and no not because of the riots.Brixton is just the black capital of england, perhaps europe. (thoght of anyway)I went to Miami a while ago, and the dumb arse people said "are you from bermuda?"From when they didnt know bermuda from england its a fail.Then I told them I was from brikkie, and one dude says "we got a hood nigga right here''The same person who thought we were from bermuda...all Im saying is, mention brixton to people, most people know it, for whatever reason, I aint tryna say brixton is known for being a classy area, but its known.
Wherever Chris Rock performed, he said Brixton.Fling on the lights and dun dance

So r u saying it couldnt be based in Harlesden or Hackney and depict real grizzly life?South's overrated still, the endz in South are miles apart and separated by pure green and sh*t.In NW, Kilburn is next to Willesden which is next to Harlseden which is next to Wembley etc... NO GREEN, you dont get endz packed tight like that in South.
just cos u lot dont have things like commons and parksjealous

Question.Who is anyone on here to say that the American productions ('The Wire, 'Boyz in da Hood' etc) are authentic?Where do you live?
Yanks love it so I took it from there but like I said certain people were saying it wasnt authentic, others call it a cult classic (Boyz in da hood)

The endz in south are more concentrated, Brixton, Camberwell, Lewi, Peckham are all fairly close together.Where as North of the river its more seperated you got Stratford further out east then tottenham and hackney close then harlesden all the way over the other side.
nah i swear its the other way round south is more sprawling whereas north and east are more compact and compressed
The main ''greazey/grimey'' waeva u wana call it endz in SE/SW are all close basically Lambeth/Southwark/Lewisham, all next to each other.In N/E/W Haringey/Hackney are close Newham far east and Brent far north west.

Whats Harlseden got to do with Hackney?lolHarlesden is NW10, Hackney is E8Tottenham is N17.Thats like me saying Sidcup and Brixton in the same sentence when they are tottally different endz.If you group endz you say Harlesden, Neaden, Willesden, Kilburn, Wembley. Tottenham and Hackney are next endz.

Guest PennyTraitor

lol at this silly argument..are ppl REALLY tryin to say in terms of GREAZE (which isnt something to boast about) tht souf is not the greaziest in ldn.come on lads.SERIOUSLY.

U just named completely different areas tho, Harlesden to Hackney is like Brixton and Edmonton. Completely different sides of London.

Whats Harlseden got to do with Hackney?lolHarlesden is NW10, Hackney is E8Tottenham is N17.Thats like me saying Sidcup and Brixton in the same sentence when they are tottally different endz.If you group endz you say Harlesden, Neaden, Willesden, Kilburn, Wembley. Tottenham and Hackney are next endz.
So what are you saying then? That NW has a more concentrated area of deprivation than south?