The Official Transfer Speculation Thread

HangTheDJ

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerard Piqué has admitted that he did not expect to be included in the Manchester United squad for the Champions League squad after opening talks about a return to Barcelona.ccording to the Catalan defender, since he made it clear that he wanted to go back to Camp Nou, Sir Alex Ferguson has left him out of things to show his unhappiness.Piqué is on the verge of completing a €10m transfer back to Barça, four years after he opted to leave the club because he felt that he would have a better chance of making it at Old Trafford."Since I have started talking to Barcelona, Ferguson has virtually ignored me," Piqué told Sport. "The best thing is going to be arriving. I hope that a solution can be reached soon and that my future will be clarified."On Friday I will be in Barcelona to prepare to play for Catalunya against Argentina and for the time being I still have a year left on my contract with United."Despite not being included in the Champions League final squad, Piqué was told by the rest of the players to join in with the celebrations having played a role in helping the team to the final in Moscow."I felt like a very important part of history," he continued. "It was more than a triumph because it is 50 years since the Munich tragedy and we owed the Busby Babes that cup."Sir Bobby Charlton came to speak to the squad and explained to us exactly what happened. I will never again live through a moment like that."It was also very special for Giggsy to beat Sir Bobby's record and for Scholesy because he could not play in the last final. It was the perfect end to the season."

hpoe not want classy cultured playersnot athletes who peak at 23

FC Barcelona have officially signed Manchester United centre-back Gerard Piqué.Having agreed terms with the player last week, all that was left was for Barcelona to find an agreement with United for the ex-Barça cantera member.With this done, Piqué has now penned a four year contract, keeping him at Camp Nou until June 30 2012. Any club wishing to prise him away from the Catalan outfit since then must pay a release clause of €50m.The centre-back penned his deal at midday local time, and will at 13:15 be paraded outside the FC Barcelona offices for the attention of the media.The 21-year-old, who left Barcelona B for Old Trafford in 2004, arrives back in his home city for an unknown fee, although it is thought to be in the low millions.Piqué, a Spain U-21 and Catalunya international, has Liga experience already, having played in both defence and central midfield for Real Zaragoza during the 2006-07 campaign.Other than that he's made a handful of Premier League appearances for the Red Devils, having also taken part in the Champions League.He is Barça's second signing of the summer after Sevilla midfielder Seydou Keita.

BBC pundit and former Chelsea and Newcastle midfielder Gavin Peacock is moving to Canada after Euro 2008 to study religion as he prepares for a career in the church. The 40-year-old will begin a three-year masters course in Divinity in July with the aim of becoming a pastor, vicar or minister depending on which denomination he chooses to follow. (The Times) hold tight peacock hes doin a masegood pundit

pique wanted first team football boyhood club come calling there willing to play him week in week out and basically promised him to be next in line long term to suceed puyol as capin'rossi im still vexed about we should cancel tevez loan and sign rossi for 7m

Cardiff City have rejected offers from Arsenal and Liverpool for Aaron Ramsey, the 17-year-old midfielder who is also on Manchester United's radar. It is understood that the offers, both believed to be worth close to £5m, were turned down because Cardiff are seeking a more substantial sum up front, with the Championship club reluctant to agree a deal in which the bulk of the fee is linked closely to the teenager's development.Arsenal and Liverpool are expected to return with improved offers but there is likely to be competition from a number of other Premier League clubs, including Everton, Portsmouth, Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur.United are also continuing to monitor the situation, although the lack of first-team opportunities at Old Trafford, and at Arsenal and Liverpool for that matter, is likely to be uppermost in Ramsey's mind when he makes a decision.John Toshack, the Wales manager, voiced similar concerns this week when he spoke about the number of promising teenagers who have moved to Premier League clubs and struggled to fulfil their potential because of the quality of players in front of them. One solution would be for Ramsey to spend a season on loan at a Championship club, an agreement which could see him return to Ninian Park in August. There is certainly little chance of him starting next season as Cardiff's property, and the Welsh club are resigned to losing their biggest asset.Ever since Ramsey made his debut in April last year interest in the Caerphilly-born midfielder has snowballed. Manchester United's manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, has spoken to his Cardiff counterpart, Dave Jones, about Ramsey, and Harry Redknapp was hugely impressed with the teenager's performance in the FA Cup semi-final against Barnsley last month. Ramsey then came on as a substitute in the Cup final against Redknapp's Portsmouth at Wembley this month.Ramsey has two years remaining on his Cardiff contract but such is the sense of inevitability surrounding his departure that there has been no talk of extending his deal.His progress at Ninian Park - he made 21 appearances for Cardiff last season - has been recognised at international level, with Toshack calling him into the Wales squad for this week's friendlies in Iceland and Holland.

Internazionale striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic could move to Barcelona in a swap deal involving Samuel Eto'o.Reports have claimed that Barca president Joan Laporta met his Inter counterpart Massimo Moratti earlier this week to discuss potential transfer business.Barca are rumoured to have pinpointed Ibrahimovic as the club's major summer signing, while Moratti is keen to bring Eto'o to the Giuseppe Meazza.Ibrahimovic's agent Mino Raiola admits the Swedish striker could be tempted to leave Inter in favour of a move to Camp Nou.Possibilities"There are possibilities that Ibra could go to Barcelona to replace Eto'o, but the two clubs must find an agreement," Raiola told TV station Antenna 3."And, in that case, we would evaluate the proposal."Speaking on Thursday, Ibrahimovic suggested he would not be pushing for a move away from Inter in the summer, despite the change of coach.He told Gazzetta dello Sport: "After two Scudettos, I want to win the Champions League. I'm still happy."Inter sacked Roberto Mancini on Thursday and former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is widely expected to take over the Serie A champions.Moratti is keen to provide the new coach with big signings and Eto'o is one of several potential targets for Inter.
CHEEEEZZZZEEEE,would be the sickest combination if it happened,imo zlatan was born to play for barce!!!

ego's weren't the only factor that contributed towards barce downfall,i'd say complacency was just as a big a factor, the only ego's that really clashed were Eto'o, Ronnie and Deco with Rijkaard not being strong enough to control the situation, and considering all four will likely be gone this summer zlatan would do nicely for them.

nolupoli did hes playing serieB footballrossi was a revelation in la liga last season contributing to villareal gainaing auto champs league positionand pique won champs league

So Lupoli, Rossi & Pique all failed 2 make the grade...
Lupoli Yes.Rossi No - Wanted first team football and was never gonna get with Rooney, Tevez, Saha all infront of him with us playing 4-3-3, 4-5-1.Pique No - Done well when called upon will go on to become one of the best centrebacks in the world imo, same as Rossi wants more first action and isnt gonna get that with the best centreback paring in the world ATM ahead of him in the pecking order.