HangTheDJ

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muntari to Inter for £12.7M
that gone through?i heard inter had made an enquiry
not finalised.....yet
According to reports in Italy, Inter will officially complete the signing of Portsmouth midfielder Sulley Muntari before the end of today.The Nerazzurri have been desperately searching for a new centre midfielder all summer, and their primary target had been Chelsea’s Frank Lampard.However, in recent days it has become apparent that a deal for the English international is unlikely, which has prompted coach Jose Mourinho to turn towards Sulley Muntari instead.Inter are believed to have launched a bid of around €15m and, according to the Italian press, the transfer could be completed by the end of today.Muntari himself is ready to accept a five year contract, with a salary that starts at €1.8m and rises to €2.5.When asked by Sky Sports News on Tuesday about a possible Muntari move to Inter, Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp said: "I don't know anything about it. It's a new one to me."I don't want to sell him. He is one of my best players and is a terrific young talent."If someone from Italy has been in touch, they have certainly not been in touch with me."Despite this, it is now seeming likely that the 23-year-old Muntari will indeed join Inter, and thus resume his Serie A career, having played for Udinese between 2002 and 2007.
He's off.